Sign in to follow this  
fajw

new Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" Monitor with LED

Not a bad price really, though still heaps more expensive than my 27" Crossover screen, I could buy at least 2 for the price of that...

How do you find your Crossover screen?

Edited by fajw

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/product...&redirect=1

"27" ultra-vivid monitor with 2560x1440 WQHD resolution"

Includes 4 USB 3.0 ports.

If I was rich enough I might buy one.

The only downside I can see is the 8ms response time.

Online Price: $799

8ms is not bad, I can tell you now you wouldn't be able to notice the difference, People thought that the 2711 would be a bad gaming screen because people thought it would ghost with its 6ms response time but it does not.

Dell 2711 is a fantastic monitor, so the 2713 should be top notch.

How do you find your Crossover screen?

It's quite nice, good image quality, no dead or stuck pixels, very solid steel construction.

I can't say I haven't noticed any real motion lag, but some people do so I guess it depends on the person.

Also of note is that is had no inbuilt OSD or scaler, so it cannot be plugged into a device that does not support 1440P, though because of this the input lag is supposed to be less.

However, the one I got must of been dropped either in the factory or by the seller, because it has a HUGE dent in the bottom right corner, even though the box and packaging was in perfect condition.

I bent it back a bit but there is ot much I could do, sending it back to Korea would of been a huge expense.

Posted Image

In saying that though it still worked perfectly so it just goes to show how strong they are!

Sounds very bare bones (the Crossover). To be honest, I'd prefer to pay the premium so that I can plug a wider range of devices into it. What happens when you format and have yet to install graphics drivers, your system probably won't be able to display at higher than 1280x1024. You'd have to have a spare monitor around to install drivers and allow it to display on the Crossover anyway!

That said, if it's working for you and you're happy with it, all is good :)

Hmmm, I'm not sure actually, I'm pretty sure I have uninstalled the drivers with this screen attached though, maybe I will have to boot into windows 8 and test it out..

But even if it didn't work I always have more than one screen plugged in, right now I have 4.

Their definitely not for everyone though, if you need perfect colour reproduction for art/media this really isn't the screen for you.

If your like my and your usage is just games, movies and office work and have a dual link DVI port then it is ideal, especially when you could buy 2 for the price of a more expensive screen.

Alright, I just skimmed before and didn't notice the other differences:

Contrast Ratio

U2711: 80,000:1

U2713HM: 1000 to 1 (typical)

Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 2 Million:1 (Max)

Response Time

U2711: 6ms (gray to gray) Typical

U2713HM: 8ms (gray to gray)

Connectivity

U2711: 8 in 1 Media reader; USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Hub; extra DVI connector

U2713HM: USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Hub; 1 Audio out

There's also some colour gamut stuff that the U2711 seems to have an advantage in but I don't really understand it.