brad_543

Speakers and Headset

Hello all,

I have some Logitech speakers and I also have a Logitech G35 Headset.

I would like to have them both plugged in while still being able to use the headset and or speakers.

So my question is am I able to have them both plugged in and easily switch between them (for example a simple program with 2 check boxes) ?

I like to use the headset when I am playing games/voice chat, speakers I use when I play movies and music.

Anyone know of a program I could use ?

P.S Right now I have to unplug one or the other which is really annoying

Thanks in advance

Brad

Edited by brad_543

You can go into Playback Devices and right click on the one you want to use set as default and it will be used from that point forward.

There is a simple taskbar app that makes it easier, but I just can't remember the name. Let me get back to you on that.

[EDIT]

After a quick Google, STADS might do what you're after. I can't remember if that's the one I tried myself though.

Edited by ninjacatfish

Also note that some programmes allow you to specify the audio device it will use.

EG I have USB headphones which show up as a second sound card. So I have my video and audio software player set to always use my Soundblaster card so even with the headphones connected the audio still comes through the speakers.