Sign in to follow this  
Guest xyzzy frobozz

What is a fair price

Guest xyzzy frobozz

I posted this in Trademart, but I wasn't sure if that was the best place. Feel free to delete either.

G'day all,

I'm coming to the end of my lease, and I have the option to return my current PC, or pay the balloon on it. The balloon payment is $900 so if I can get more than $900, I'll keep the PC, if not, I'll send it back. I'd like to get some input as to what Atomicans think I'll be able to get for this rig.

i7 920

Gigabyte EX58-UD5

6GB Corsair Dominator GT RAM 2000MHz 8-8-8-24

Gigabyte Windforce 3 GTX 580

1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 64MB Cache

OCZ Vertex 3 60GB SSD

Super Talent 256GB SSD

Corsair GS600 PSU

Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro

Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler

Corsair Graphite 600T Case

Windows 7 Professional

Microsoft Office

What does everyone reckon, would I get $900 for it?

Is the software and OS come on disks/stand alone versions or where they preloaded? If they are 'real' versions then they would be worth something

The GTX 580 is still worth something considerable.

The Corsair case also if in good nick.

Perhaps the soundcard as well.

The CPU/chipset is 'old' now.

You may have more luck selling individual items - I dint know if they wolud all fetch $900. I certainly wouldnt be buying second hand SSD's from anyone.

Assuming that the software and OS actually come on disks, I would not pay more than $500 for that setup. And most of that would be becuase of the software, and GTX 580.

I would be talking to the company that handles the lease first.

I assume by the tone of your post that you are going to start a new lease on a new PC. If this is the case, see if you can squeeze them to let you keep the old equipment. I work for a company that sells PC's on rental to people, and most of the time, the lease company is happy to gift you the old equipment, assuming you sign up for a new lease. Even if they're not willing to give it to you, see if you can squeeze them on price. Tekll them that you're looking around for a different company to deal with and see if they'll scramble to keep your business.

^ pretty much what he said, because the equipment effectively becomes useless to them. they can't sell it, or do anything with it, it becomes more trouble than it's worth for them.

EDIT: Double post.

Edited by ilyria109