Flouncy

Atomic F1 GP1 Season 6

Posted Image

Posted Image

*UPDATE* GP1 is now full! If you're just into this thread and want to race - get ye to the GP2 thread!

Our Steam group.

Season 6 begins!

Go here to see what it's all about: www.atomicf1.net

This thread is for GP1. That means good drivers who are able to drive fast, and just as importantly, cleanly. There is a lot of overtaking and close proximity racing and it all needs to be clean!

There is another thread for GP2. That's also competitive, but is the place for less experienced racers. Both leagues are fun and friendly!

We're looking for commitment. The points championship gets pretty exciting, so people who can stay with it make it all come alive.

THE GAME

Codemasters F1 2012 on PC

Up to 16 players

THE RACES

One race each week following the calendar order in the game.

Session starts every Sunday night at 7:30pm. Qualifying for the grid, then 50% race distance. It usually wraps up about 9pm-ish.

THE RULES

In-game race penalties apply, per FIA F1 rules.

All driver aids are forced off. Manual gearbox is forced on.

Cars are set to equal performance.

We don't usually attempt to resolve post-race disputes, much better if drivers simply stay clean. Anyone being a persistent arse may be given a penalty of 1 or more races, or in the worst case asked to leave.

For the above purposes, and any other adminy things I am the FIA.

Lambo does even more work than me. Much more. He takes care of the fantastic www.atomicf1.net site, and fallen has done a huge job too with site layout and design.

THE CHAMPIONSHIP

A Drivers and a Constructors championship will be held.

Many existing teams from last season are expected to carry over. New racers can organise themselves into a team, we'll help you do that if needed.

Points are awarded according to in-game (and real world) rules.

DNFs are awarded no points.

THE CARS

Last-season drivers have priority if they wish to stay with the car they drove last season. New drivers don't necessarily need to nominate a car straight away in order to register interest.

Drivers moving up from GP2 will have first choice of available cars (those not taken by GP1 S5 racers).

New racers choose from what's remaining after that.

Remember - they are set to equal so it ultimately doesn't matter.

THE SCHEDULE

Oct 7 Round 1 — Australia

Oct 14 Round 2 — Malaysia

Oct 21 Round 3 — China

Oct 28 Round 4 — Bahrain

Nov 4 Round 5 — Spain

Nov 11 Round 6 — Monaco

Nov 18 Round 7 — Canada

Nov 25 Round 8 — Europe

Dec 2 Round 9 — Great Britain

Dec 9 Round 10 — Germany

Dec 16 Round 11 — Hungary

Dec 23 Round 12 — Belgium

Dec 30 — SCHEDULED BREAK

Jan 6 Round 13 - Italy Webby out, mark out

Jan 13 Round 14 - Singapore

Jan 20 Round 15 - Suzuka

Jan 27 Round 16 - Korea

Feb 3 Round 17 - India

Feb 10 Round 18 - Abu Dhabi

Feb 17 Round 19 - U.S.

Feb 24 Round 20 - Brazil

VOICE CHAT

We will either use Ventrillo or in-game (Steam) chat. Steam hasn't been tested yet so this is TBC.

YOUR CONNECTION

Needs to be relatively fast and low latency. The new game, under Steam, hasn't yet been tested, but we expect similar requirements to the last game. Upload speed is most important, along with latency. Around .8Mbps is about what's required.

FRIDAY NIGHT PRACTICE

Almost always on, just for kicks. Come and go as you please, or not at all. Starts about 8:30, though people in earlier tend to start a session and newcomers are just invited in as they arrive (so long as it's not mid race).

It's fun, slightly crazy, beer-fuelled and a great way to get a feel for what sort of performance is expected if you wanna jump in. It's never a full 50% race, usually a sequence of 10 or 20% races.

ATOMIC F1 S6 TEAMS AND DRIVERS:

Atomic id (Steam id (if different))

Red Bull

Flouncy

ET

McLaren

Schmeval (MisterGoogle)

tof (tof_9)

Sauber

Lotus

Lambo

Loose (LL Cool J)

Williams

silicnt

Flukey

Caterham

Ghost

Mark

Toro Rosso

Force India

dazzas13 (drift13)

JaseGP

Ferrari

Modz (Modzy.au)

Intense (][NTENSE [ESG])

Mercedes

Steve088

Fallen (millen)

HRT

Marussia

Edited by Flouncy

Like there was ever a question.

I'll be in Kimi's car thanks. I believe Oz1098S will be my side kick if he permits.

Modz & Intense in Ferrari

Edited by Modz

Fixed and added.

I wasn't sure who your teamy was for Ferarri Modz, assumed f1active. Based on that, and because he's not always around, is why ET and I want to drive the Merc. Hope that's cool with f1active then...

Fixed and added.

I wasn't sure who your teamy was for Ferarri Modz, assumed f1active. Based on that, and because he's not always around, is why ET and I want to drive the Merc. Hope that's cool with f1active then...

He hasn't been active since half way through season 5 i believe not sure if he even reads these threads anymore. but yeah Intense and i as team mates.

Edited by Modz

Fixed and added.

He hasn't been active since half way through season 5 i believe not sure if he even reads these threads anymore. but yeah Intense and i as team mates.

Yep, righto, all good. Merc for ET and I (cos I like to change cars every season, and ET loves the Merc from season before last.)

And red for you :}

Well active hasn't been around for a while, so I don't think anyone really has dibs on the Merc. Having said that, no more Sauber?

I'm down for Mclaren. I would hope Schmeval is too :p.

Hate to be a self important asshole but is the schedule able to be moved forward by a week? I'd hate to miss the first races again like I did in season 5. :-(

Pwetty please. I will let merc pass in the race :-P

Edited by tof

Well active hasn't been around for a while, so I don't think anyone really has dibs on the Merc. Having said that, no more Sauber?

Nup. Don't like the cockpit view, that's the main thing. That's really important to me.

I guess then we should create a GP2 thread. I will try and do that tonight then.

No need. :P

Done that. :P

Green machine is mine.

If it works out I still wanna be partnered with Eradicator but he might want another car(or another partner). But if he does want to be my teamy, what say you FIA madman? Is it do-able in a car of his choice?

Edited by Ghost05

Green machine is mine.

If it works out I still wanna be partnered with Eradicator but he might want another car(or another partner). But if he does want to be my teamy, what say you FIA madman? Is it do-able in a car of his choice?

Ah, nup. Sorry. A team is a car type.

Green machine is mine.

If you ain't driven the same car you ain't on the same team. Dah

:-)

Yep that's cool tof I'll update the calendar.

Thank you! I can't thank you enough Flouncy.

awa man no more Turkey :( loved that track

Yep, a bit sad. But we pick up Hockenheim, which I reckon is a nicer track than the other Germany one. And America.

No worries Tof, gives everyone a bit longer to check it out, as well as us to attract newbies as well, if needed, too.

Forgot to add to the OP -(but will) - post whatever your Steam name is please.

Actually, special request if you will.

Loose has agreed to return as my team mate, but not driving the Red Bull. So, our first preference is now the Williams (if previous owners take something else), or failing that, the Sauber.

Pretty please? Sorry for being a pest!

Actually, special request if you will.

Loose has agreed to return as my team mate, but not driving the Red Bull. So, our first preference is now the Williams (if previous owners take something else), or failing that, the Sauber.

Pretty please? Sorry for being a pest!

Great to hear Loose is back, also great to hear you want to change cars. That's always fun.

Williams is still Mark's, and it's pretty likely he'll be in the new season, though hasn't yet indicated a car - and he's yet to post today, so what I'll do is put you guys down as Sauber, with a wee note saying that Sauber may become available again if Mark wants to change from Williams (maybe to Sauber...), and if he does, it is duly noted that you expressed first interest.

But Mark should be here sometime soon, next few days at least.