Flouncy

Atomic F1 GP1 Season 6

The Merc engine noise gives me a pounding headache for some reason...

Is the Merc playable in the demo?

I'll leave it up to Steve, I'm happy enough to go back to the Torro though.

(hey guys, how much of a whiny bitch is Flouncy... geez... [littlegirlvoice] ow, my head, this engine is to woud and scary for me[/littlegirlvoice] Don't tell him I said that though...)

;)

Edited by fallen19

The other reason I wanted Red Bull, to be honest, is that since last season I really wanted it cos I'm a huge fan, but as soon as I drove the demo and saw those big mirrors it was yuck, no way, because I drove in cockpit view mode. In T-bar it's fine, but I can't bring myself to do that.

I was all ready (along with ET) to nominate the Red Bull when webby and Loose changed, seconds away from posting in fact, but looking at where the Merc's real mirrors are positioned (lower and further back) decided that would probably be better for cockpit view.

But I've just discovered that 2011 cockpit view mods work and so that changes everything.

So yeah. Steve - pretty please..? :}

Hi Flouncy, you can take the red bull. My next pick would be the Mercedes, have you raced this car?

YEAH MAMA!

Thanks Stevo - really appreciate it!

e: I'm expecting to have review code running very soon, so can let you know how it goes.

Edited by Flouncy

But I've just discovered that 2011 cockpit view mods work and so that changes everything.

Ohhh, info or links please!

Ohhh, info or links please!

It's 'cockpit HUD' that I use, but it looks like ANY 2011 view mod works. It's just a replacement camera.xls file you put in the game's cars folder (there's one for each car).

PM me your email addy and I'll send it to you. Note - this is the exact same view mod I used last year, so all the people I already sent it to - just use that.

e: that goes for anyone here who wants it, just PM email, or google view mods, there's heaps. Once in its folder just cycle the views to find one you like, there's quite a few.

Edited by Flouncy

We have a cockpit mod on the website that a few of us use (especially me).

I'll email you this mod I have so you can put it up, much better.

We have a cockpit mod on the website that a few of us use (especially me).

I'll email you this mod I have so you can put it up, much better.

Can do

Btw this season when you do the weekly write ups for post race it would be good if we could do like mini driver interviews or something so that the write ups are accurate & give incite into why things turn out the way they did during the race. So if someone has a crap race or a surprising awesome race we could give details as who what happened and what worked or didnt work for them. seem like the write up where just random and not really a reflection of what actually happen for the most part.

*or even team interviews rather than per driver.

Edited by Modz

Great idea Modz, I always wanted to suggest it but it seems difficult to manage.

I guess you can copy and paste the forum personal race write ups but not everyone posts so then what happens? Just let Lambo come up with something random just as the last season to fill in for no driver response?

Also driver's responses may be too long to post on the site.

Edited by tof

Btw this season when you do the weekly write ups for post race it would be good if we could do like mini driver interviews or something so that the write ups are accurate & give incite into why things turn out the way they did during the race. So if someone has a crap race or a surprising awesome race we could give details as who what happened and what worked or didnt work for them. seem like the write up where just random and not really a reflection of what actually happen for the most part.

*or even team interviews rather than per driver.

I like the idea, but, unless we all want to start donating cash I'm a little dubious about asking for more above and beyond what Lambo already does. I believe the comment section on the website allows you to post, surely that could count as a driver Interview? Especially keeping in mind that Lambo is a new father - perhaps someone with a little more time on their hands could put something together?

Trust me, I've run leagues before, websites, managed things, and whilst you're always looking to give your users the best experience, you can't throw your whole life at it, it just grinds you down. So whilst I like the idea, I'd hate to be asking guys to do more then they already do unless a) we want to offer an incentive to do or b) someone puts up their hand to help out.

Great idea Modz, I always wanted to suggest it but it seems difficult to manage.

I guess you can copy and paste the forum personal race write ups but not everyone posts so then what happens? Just let Lambo come up with something random just as the last season to fill in for no driver response?

As webby said re time. Anyway we already do that here in the forums with our post-race reports. That's enough. We all read it here, so to try and integrate that stuff into a site report is a sexy idea, but largely superfluous.

Yup, it's an awesome idea, and one that I've always wanted to do. But it's very time consuming and requires the co-operation of everyone to make it good. By the time you get the info, it's the end of the week and no one is paying attention to that race.

However it's worth exploring, and I will see what I can do, but ultimately it's a time issue. I've been pouring alot of time into Atomic F1 lately so I don't want to over do things and burn out.

Having said that I should have some exciting news shortly which I hope to share with you soon.

Having said that I should have some exciting news shortly which I hope to share with you soon.

:D

It is very exciting guys, all I will say is, start practicing!

No but something along the line of, what the team planned for the weekend and how it turned out. It just a bit odd reading that a team or driver seemed to do bad on a weekend where in their mind they actually did very well and met the weekend goal.

example, India last season, Lambo has said, HRT showed promising pace in FNP but it unfortunately didn't materialize in race. Which is not true at all and far from it. my race pace was amazing and my race was solid and my goal was to finish ahead of Williams and i did. I'd just like some more accurate reports that's all.

@Lambo, yeah its not small taste, hmmm maybe we need a dedicated reporter. Actually don't we have full race replays now? this will make our race videos interesting if we can do different camera angles :D

Edited by Modz

No but something along the line of, what the team planned for the weekend and how it turned out. It just a bit odd reading that a team or driver seemed to do bad on a weekend where in their mind they actually did very well and met the weekend goal.

example, India last season, Lambo has said, HRT showed promising pace in FNP but it unfortunately didn't materialize in race. Which is not true at all and far from it. my race pace was amazing and my race was solid and my goal was to finish ahead of Williams and i did. I'd just like some more accurate reports that's all.

@Lambo, yeah its not small taste, hmmm maybe we need a dedicated reporter. Actually don't we have full race replays now? this will make our race videos interesting if we can do different camera angles :D

Understand what you mean, but I guess I've always written it from the perspective of someone outside the paddock and as such it's purely opinionated. But as discussed I will try my best to incorporate content from the drivers and teams themselves.

As for any dedicated reporters, that job has largely fallen on me but I've always said that if anyone ever wanted to contribute to the site, they need only speak to me.

looks good, btw fallen ill upload the new videos tomorrow. fixed it tonight and left it to render overnight.

So I promised some news and I'll spill but first some house keeping and a bit of a 'state of the union' address, so if you bear with me....

Atomic F1 turns 2 years old very shortly. It's hard to imagine that in such a relatively short period of time we've gone from a rag tag bunch of racers and expanded to the heights of were we are now. So If you'll all indulge me for a moment, I'd like to say a few thanks.

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who's participated now and over these last years. Without the enthusiasm of the community we would not be able to have this competition. Secondly while everyone is a contributor no matter how small there is obviously a few that I cannot do this without. Firstly Flouncy who has worked tirelessly in whipping us into shape when it comes to organising, promoting and being the face of Atomic F1 as it's official FIA director I say a hearty thanks. Ben and I have known each other for nearly 10 years now and it's hard to believe we started out racing in V8 super cars all those years ago now.

To Fallen who took on the monster job of 'Atomic F1 Webmaster' and ran with it. The site is as I'm sure everyone agrees is better than ever, and can only keep going that way.

To Modz who's video editing skills has give us wonderful intros and outtros for our many Atomic videos, we say thanks for that. No Atomic Lambo video is complete with his videos.

I want to thank Kikz, that while it's probable he won't read this was the first to really push the web presence of our league. While things didn't work out, he was an important part of our history and deserves thanks for the work he did.

Lastly I'd like to thank the old guard of racers who've basically stuck with the league from basically the start. Ghost, Mark, sora, Fredz, ET. You guys have been the heart and sole of the league. I hope that your involvement continues as I can't imagine an Atomic F1 without you guys.

And I guess as a final final thanks. The new guard. Schmeval, Webby, Loose, ToF9, Oz you guys have been a breath of fresh air. Showed all of us that there is always quicker.

So here is to 2 great years, and hopefully more.

Now. Onto the news you've been waiting for. So we have this wonderful community, this kick ass website and plenty of traffic starting come through. So the next step is the logical one. Getting some partners and sponsors on board so we can start giving some prizes away, reward the winners, as well as establish ourselves as a professionally run but fun racing league. Over the last few weeks I've been talking to Thrustmaster about getting them onboard with supplying us with some goodies. I'm pleased to announce that we have reached a preliminary agreement and Thrustmaster should be coming on board as a sponsor this season pending some details to be worked out. It will be baby steps to start off with since this is our first real sponsor. Unfortunately we are not able to have instant access to any licensed products (i.e Ferrari) but this is something that if in the next few months works out we can start discussing with them and move to the next phase. This is an exciting opportunity as it means that if it goes well it gives us opportunities to tie in with other vendors.

What does this mean for the website? Yes it does mean that there will be a partner logo for Thrustmaster and likely a banner ad somewhere on the site. I have spoken with Ben who's spoken to Dave at Atomic and there are no issues with that. If anyone has any queries relating to this I'd be happy to answer them.

One other item I'd like to address is the forum on Atomic F1. There was discussion long ago that it would be used to replace us using the Atomicmpc website for communiqué. However it was quickly realised that part of our charm and reach is that we have this wonderful relationship with Atomicmpc. Dave has been more than accommodating and understanding of our league and the relationship, and it's certainly been the main source of our growth. It's a relationship we want to continue. However part of driving traffic and generating interest to the website is the forum there. I'm certainly NOT saying we stop posting here. It would just be nice if we could use it for the discussions that either deviate from the goal of this thread or the GP2 thread. Other racing or F1 news discussions would be the kind of things I'm talking about. Next real F1 season I hope to start an F1 tipping competition out of that forum that hopefully will be entertaining for everyone and get them in the mindset that the forum is there. Once again I don't want to discourage use of this forum, it's vital we don't.

If anyone at all has questions please ask.

Now onto more news....the announcement of prizes for the Atomic F1/GP2 championship. What we'll be fighting for!

Atomic F1

1st Place - Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter supplied by Thrustmaser

2nd Place - TBA (Prize will be donated by Atomicmpc, just waiting on Dave to let us know what it is!)

3rd Place - Kingston 16GB DataTraveler Locker with Hardware Encryption supplied by Atomic F1

Atomic GP2

1st Place - Steelseries Siberia V2 Pro Gaming Headset supplied by Atomic F1

2nd Place - TBA (Prize will be donated by Atomicmpc, just waiting on Dave to let us know with it is!)

3rd Place - Sandisk 16GB USB 3.0 Memory Key supplied by Atomic F1

As more prizes come available I will hopefully be adding to this list but in the mean time I hope everyone will be excited by this. I know I am.