Flouncy

Atomic F1 GP1 Season 6

I would also like to thank everyone involved especially Lambo and Flouncy. It takes alot or personal time and efftort to run a competition like this and I can't thank you enough for making this happen.

Ahh yes, sorry you are correct.

Ploddy as well, and Rouge, how could I have forgotten about those. Very sorry.

Race 1 - Had a decent start and battled hard against schmeval for a few laps getting past on a couple of occasions, Sili who had a tremendous start also joined the battle. With it being the final race I tried mixing things up and Pitted lap 10 for my schedule 2 stopper which worked out pretty good. Was able to pass people quite easily with more grip on my 2nd set of options (Lambo you mentioned that I tagged you, sorry mate. On my screen I hugged the inside of the double right hander and was able to break on the inside of the first hairpin with no touch, so sorry if the bubble hit you it was not intentional). Schmeval came out of the pits side by side with us but was able to cut back underneath at the next turn due to more grip on the option to the primes. From there I was able to build a 2 second lead by the back straight then bang connection lost :(....... Would have like to have seen if my strategy could have paid off but O'well.

Race 2 - Random grid and I was going to have to do things the hard way from last in P13. Started that race on the hards and sat back for the first few turns taken advantage of others knocking each other off the track. Although try to take advantage of the schmeval sili battle I ended up getting squeezed when sili came back onto the track. That broke my front wing on the right side (mainly the end plates). Had great battles with lambo, steve and the Caterham boys who where hard to keep behind while they all had the softer tyre. Managed to lead for 1 lap before not even putting up a fight on Dazza at the drs zone as new there was no point. Pitted for my new nose and options and just fought hard knocking in QF laps for the next 14. During that time I caught the top 3 and with only a handful of laps left managed to pass, first Tof then Daz for 2nd. Unfortunately that's where it ended as I ran out of laps to have a go at maybe challenging for the win....

Overall it was a pretty good 1st and 2nd race here for me.

This season has been a challenge but overall I have been happy with my form post Valencia GP.

Have managed to finish on the podium 12 times with 2 victories and claim 2nd in the championship in my rookie atomicf1 season.

With my move to the prancing horse I am hopeful that I might, just might be able to challenge for wins on a regular basis but with the improvement of many drivers over the course of the season, S7 will be tough.......

Thank you to the guys behind the scenes running the show, it is a very well organized league here at atomic F1 and Im proud to be apart of it :)

Edited by flukey

Here is the two highlights from the first race attempt.

You can hear the crunch of a wing but not sure how I could be at fault there. ToF decides that left isn't for him and goes right instead. DaZzA locks up and takes out Jase. All very entertaining...

Gents, can I make a suggestion for Season 7/3? Many guys will be travelling to the F1 on the weekend we are tentatively planning to start and wont be back for Monday night, and others have trouble making a mind-week night. Perhaps delaying the start by a week would be better, and would keep the two competitions in line? (making it easier on site admins at the same time?).

Gents, can I make a suggestion for Season 7/3? Many guys will be travelling to the F1 on the weekend we are tentatively planning to start and wont be back for Monday night, and others have trouble making a mind-week night. Perhaps delaying the start by a week would be better, and would keep the two competitions in line? (making it easier on site admins at the same time?).

Discussion on starting dates is underway, but I do believe that we are considering the Monday after the race to start. Still early days.

I can only echo what those have said before me.

Big thank you to Flouncy, Lambo, the GP2 FIA (Sorry I'm not active enough in GP2 to remember everyone) and everyone involved with the site and running of this great league. We've had our ups and downs this season but in the end I really enjoyed my time here and hope to continue sharing great experiences with everyone here.

It's sad that Ghost and ET will be leaving or moving but I hope I will see you clowns around sooner or later. :)

S7 thread is up. Change your bookmarks ;)

Had a ball at this track, as always. Like it soo much!

Race 1 - After my usual rubbish qualy efforts the race got under way. Had a good 4 way battle with the guys at the back. In the end I prevailed and was starting to pull away from the back runners and kinda catching the rear of the mid runners before everyone started dropping like flies. For the record, I was the last car on track, so technically I won that, okay? (Gotta get my race wins somehow :p )

Race 2 - That random grid was the best thing since sliced bread. Sure putting me in 2nd was nice but I think everyone had fun during the first part of the race, mixed speeds and ability down the grid made for some good action by the sounds of it.

At start I got bogged, wasn't hitting the right revs or something but managed to hold my place down the hill and onto the back straight.

I was doggedly holding 2nd place for the first 6 laps, think it was Intense that took me under DRS twice, both times I took the corner better and regained the position for the rest of the lap. He got fed up with me (or just had a brain fart) and gave me a massive shove off the track per his above video. Wasn't happy with that at all.

Recovered and continued on as best I could.

Can't remember where Dazz took me but he was on fire.

Ghost and Flukey were the next to do battle with, gave both a hard time. Ghost got ahead of me at one stage for a few laps but I stuck with him and after a mistake got the position back again.

Flukey was on primes, managed to get in front of me but couldn't shake me, was kinda catching him back up too. But my tyres were at their end of life, despite grip levels being still good and keeping up with Flukey I figured I should pit before I had a blow out.

After that, was all about staying ahead of Ghost. Was saving all my KERS for the main straight to get up the hill quicker and keep him out of DRS activation for the back straight, seemed to do the trick :)

Amazingly ended up finishing not far behind Sili!

Good season all! I seemed to do better in the final stages of the season which is encouraging.

Thanks to Flounce for doing the tough FIA job. Also to Millen for the fantastic website and of course to Lambo for the supreme work on the points and stats throughout the season, not to mention the Legard reviews and driver interviews etc etc, you're a real credit to this league mate.

Edited by mark84

That was completely my mistake mark so I'm sorry for hitting you off, just a bad case of judgement on my behalf. I was hoping to run wide out of that corner and get the inside for the sweeping right but my bubble hit you off before that could even happen.

Awww, Season 6 Thread is wrapping up aye. **Sad Face**. We will never beat that World of Tanks thread if you keep making a new thread every season.

That first race was a good close race between Mark, ET, Flouncy and Myself. Sure we were at the back of the field but we didn't mind, IT WAS ON! Then 4 people dropped, then another couple dropped then we restarted.

Restart was brilliant, mixed grid, fastpeople having to work their way through the grid. Made for a very nice action packed race. I saw some accidents ahead of me early on that saw me go from 11th to 7th just behind Lambo I think.

My replay is fucked, whenever someone talked my sound would go very low, then someone else would talk and the sound would come back again. It was annoying, it wasn;t just happening in the replay, it was happeneing during the race.

. From what i can tel it was Flukey, Jase, Schmeval and Sili (phew, that's the fast guys gone). I think it was Schmevals fault, he just can't drive for shit.

, a bit messy, sorry Lambo for forcing the issue.

then me spinning on frst turn but a lucky catch and no damage.

with help from DRS.

. He doesn't make it an easy to pass thats for sure.

and losing 2 places to Mark and Flukey

from Flukey and having a nice race with him and Steve while we catch Mark out in front

is where my race got frustrating. Mark and Steve constantly using DRS in front of me, lap after lap, and me constantly being just a smidge too far away to get the DRS.
(1.3s) after
(1.7s) after
(1.1s) after
(1.1s) after
(1.8s) after
(1.1s) until Stevie made a mistake on turn 1. Then it was me and Mark for the rest of the race. Trying so hard to catch him.

coming up quick and passing with DRS.

get some DRS lovin. And I wanted the next few laps to be the Caterham boys DRSing off each other but it didn't turn out to be. All the while Sili catching us.

, missing the first braking marker and running off into a restricted area as I was occupied with Sili and Mark. That's my race over, trying to get to the finish without losing another place to Lambo. Edited by Ghost05

I would like to thank Lambo and Flouncy for running the league and doing the website Stats, also thank Millen for web design as the sites look first class.

I had high hopes for this season but felt I was always driving with one arm behind my back which made it feel like hard work and not fun. So for that reason I have left GP1 and moved to GP2 so I can again enjoy my racing again.

So thanks for the racing and I hope next season is better for all concerned but most of all fun to be involved in.

See you all in FNP