sora3

Atomic F1 GP2 Season #2

Also re Vent - the game seems to hard-wire most controller buttons to functions in the game. Not in the actual race - whatever you define in config stays, but in the game menus.

So just be sure whatever you map for Vent push to talk isn't something that affects the game. Just experiment.

Also re Vent - the game seems to hard-wire most controller buttons to functions in the game. Not in the actual race - whatever you define in config stays, but in the game menus.

So just be sure whatever you map for Vent push to talk isn't something that affects the game. Just experiment.

So yours is bound to the accelerator pedal?

BAM

So yours is bound to the accelerator pedal?

BAM

Good joke.

Hey all couple of things:

Getting the game for cheap:

http://www.ozgameshop.com/

Love this website and so do my friends, only place I buy games from now. Can pick up the PC version of F1 2012 for $35.99 delivered, comes from the UK so does take a week or so to get to you. But with full price return policies at certain gaming stores, I will pick one up to practice and refine wheel setting over this weekend, and should have the game from the UK in well before Oct 7th.

Also was looking at the much more reasonable start times of the races for us in Aust to watch. And noticed that the Indian Race on Oct 28th the race start is at 8:30pm (Melb local time, assuming that the www.f1.com site has taken into account of daylight savings). I’m a newbie, and just wanted to know what the scenario is here is when our race coincides with the live broadcast of an F1 race. Think this was the only one to affect us in GP2, but believe GP1 will have Japan and Korea (with live broadcast starting at 6:30pm)

Love this website and so do my friends, only place I buy games from now. Can pick up the PC version of F1 2012 for $35.99 delivered, comes from the UK so does take a week or so to get to you. But with full price return policies at certain gaming stores, I will pick one up to practice and refine wheel setting over this weekend, and should have the game from the UK in well before Oct 7th.

Also was looking at the much more reasonable start times of the races for us in Aust to watch. And noticed that the Indian Race on Oct 28th the race start is at 8:30pm (Melb local time, assuming that the www.f1.com site has taken into account of daylight savings). I’m a newbie, and just wanted to know what the scenario is here is when our race coincides with the live broadcast of an F1 race. Think this was the only one to affect us in GP2, but believe GP1 will have Japan and Korea (with live broadcast starting at 6:30pm)

Its good but unpredictable. Once i ordered batman arkum city took 3 days. Another time i bought killzone 3 took 3 weeks.

Hi Guys,

For anyone else who grabbed it on steam, I saw that you could pre-load it from last night, no need to wait until release day.

edit: Just saw this on the F1 2012 thread. Should have checked there first, haha

Edited by pessimistprime

If you got in quick with Steam especially the two-pack you were paying only $33 anyway.

Already put my pre-order in. didn't see the two-pack on steam, just the single.

Its good but unpredictable. Once i ordered batman arkum city took 3 days. Another time i bought killzone 3 took 3 weeks.

Yeah i've never had issues with, nothing more than a week anyway. hope F1 2012 isn't going to be the one to let me down.:s

Hi Guys,

For anyone else who grabbed it on steam, I saw that you could pre-load it from last night, no need to wait until release day.

I only noticed this morning, but according to the others, it's been there since at least Sat.

I want nobody on my team. seriously.. Put him in there. :D

i'll beat him tho... I ain't second to nobody. :P

in other news... if anyone wants to 2-pack pre-order on steam, pls gift it and i'll fix you up monday with my half rounded up.. busy workin next 5 days so will be afk for a bit :)

@ fredz, I'll confirm with nobody first before I put him on RBR. :P

He hasn't posted yet but Bennett (Gunslinger) wants to join. If a slot in GP1 becomes (after we do our online testing) available he'll take that, but (when he finally gets around to posting....) will be in GP2 otherwise.

@ Flouncy, noted and we'll see how this goes. :)

ATM, we've got 3 possible people that needs partnership so I'll have to organise something for this...

FIA, I have 2 rules based questions now.

1) Question from before. Can we have sub drivers in to the Constructors championships and under what conditions?

2) Can GP1 drivers that come race in GP2 for whatever reason, earn points in GP2? Or is it just for shits and giggles?

*Question the second from Ploddy.*

Nobody, myself and a couple of others discussed this at the end of last season, and we felt that if for any reason a driver signed up for the F1 competition drops in to race in GP2, then they shall be ineligible for points, and at the end of the race, they would be be excluded from results and the points will be reshuffled amongst full time GP2 drivers.

So if the F1 driver wins, the GP2 driver who placed second receives full points, and the results follow through from there. If the F1 driver finishes second, he is taken out of results, and third place and below are shuffled up in the results table.

We felt this is far more beneficial for GP2 drivers that are competing for their championship, who may miss out on vital points.

Whether or not the current FIA still wants to implement this, that is up to them.

Edited by fallen19

It's a valid point Fallen and one that probably is a reasonable request.

Firstly there is a reason why we have GP2, however for numerous reasons, we had people who were capable of GP1 racing in GP2 last season. Jase and Modz the obvious stand outs in that respect. Now obviously there were reasons for Jase and Modz running in GP2, but that is largely now a non issue since both these drivers are in GP1 this season. The only one that is still a question mark is Jase who has had connectivity issues 2011. Having said that, the GP2 field is starting to fill up and TBH if he runs in GP1 and has issues, he's going to have issues in GP2. Fingers crossed thats not the case.

Either way, I'd like to avoid drivers switching championships or driving in both during different rounds. If numbers prove that there is not enough room in GP1 and someone wants to race, obviously jumping into the GP2 race is the next best thing. I'd be inclined to support GP1 drivers who race in GP2 races not to score points. Ideally tho, GP1 stay in GP1, GP2 in GP2.

But since I don't race in GP2, I wouldn't want to impose my opinion. Probably should be an open vote or discussion and honestly, while it didn't happen last season, we wouldn't want a situation where a GP1 driver wins the GP2 title.....which is the only scenario I can think of we are trying to avoid here.

It's not just winning the title Lambo, it interferes with the GP2 championship right down the field - both WDC and WCC fr that matter. What if I need a 3rd or 4th to beat my rival in the championship, but a GP1er decides to drop back that week for whatever reason. Now I can't get that result, because the GP1er will most likely win (as we saw last season, they won every race they participated in), knocking everyone down the order.

GP2 may have started as an overflow or backup for GP1, but I think our first season showed that we still have a bunch of drivers that enjoy the experience of a competitive championship, even if it isn't at the level of GP1. I dont think it's fair to compromise that just because someone missed a start time.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with them joining in the races, they are just as entitled to have the experience as we are, and I learned a lot from them last season. However, points should be awarded to the GP2 drivers only, to maintain the integrity of the championship standings as a relative measure of our performance against each other, which is, after all, the point.

Not that it bothers me because I won't be challenging for the title, but the new sponsorship arrangements and prizes also make the issue complicated. If GP1ers can drop back and take points in GP2, what stops them from taking enough wins/points just to secure a prize? Again, not a suggestion they will, but it pays to think these things through in advance before they become issues down the track.

Anyway, just my $0.02.

G

It's not just winning the title Lambo, it interferes with the GP2 championship right down the field - both WDC and WCC fr that matter. What if I need a 3rd or 4th to beat my rival in the championship, but a GP1er decides to drop back that week for whatever reason. Now I can't get that result, because the GP1er will most likely win (as we saw last season, they won every race they participated in), knocking everyone down the order.

GP2 may have started as an overflow or backup for GP1, but I think our first season showed that we still have a bunch of drivers that enjoy the experience of a competitive championship, even if it isn't at the level of GP1. I dont think it's fair to compromise that just because someone missed a start time.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with them joining in the races, they are just as entitled to have the experience as we are, and I learned a lot from them last season. However, points should be awarded to the GP2 drivers only, to maintain the integrity of the championship standings as a relative measure of our performance against each other, which is, after all, the point.

Not that it bothers me because I won't be challenging for the title, but the new sponsorship arrangements and prizes also make the issue complicated. If GP1ers can drop back and take points in GP2, what stops them from taking enough wins/points just to secure a prize? Again, not a suggestion they will, but it pays to think these things through in advance before they become issues down the track.

Anyway, just my $0.02.

G

Which is why I was supporting the motion of non points being awarded to GP1 drivers in GP2. GP1ers can not just drop in and race in GP2 anytime. There were some specific reasons why we had Jase and Modz running in GP2 races last season. Those reasons should/hopefully will be sorted now, so this hopefully is a non issue.

I wasn't disagreeing with your suggestion, just trying to point out it isn't just about stopping them winning as per your previous last point, because it has broader effects. I don't think I ever posted them on the previous GP2 thread, but I did go through and recalculate the points without including the GP1 drivers just for curiosity's sake and the outcomes were interesting. It didn't change the end result (although the gap was larger) at the top end, but it did change up the midfield.

Completely agree with you though, hopefully a non-issue!

G

Okay, I should weigh into the points that Ploddy has brought up.

In regards to the first point, I have made it quite clear on the first page about this.

OK, so, Rup's out, can't commit to a season. BUT he did say he would be happy to fill in now and then for me.

I think I need a FIA ruling on this one. Do we have any rules around substitute drivers? Obviously it helps with Constructors championships (but not individual ones). And, under what scenarios would it be acceptable?

Some that I can think of:

1) I've done a Grosjean and picked up a race ban

2) I'm sick

3) Something came up at the last minute and I can't make it

4) I couldn't be fucked racing this week

Over to you, O wise ones.

Well, this is quite tricky as this opens a big can of worms. ATM, we still have space which negates this issue. Only when the spots are filled and there are people keen on the week, then this could be done. However, the FIA will say that if you miss out due to something, then that's bad luck on your behalf.

Hopefully that is clear to EVERYONE. If not, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss this further.

The second point is quite easy to answer.

In this case, I'd say NO to anyone in GP1 wanting to race in GP2. Reason being is that as noted before, GP1 should have enough players to race and hopefully the netcode for F1 2012 will mitigate this issue even further. Also, another point is that it is a big hassle in collating results. Say 3 people from GP1 comes into the GP2 race, they get 1st, 3rd and 4th respectively. This is going to be a hassle on both of us as I'll have to sort out who gets points and then upload this for Lambo/fallen into the website. That will take work which neither myself or Lambo want to do.

Perhaps in an exhibition match, I'll allow this but that will need the consensus of the entire GP2 and the GP1 guys in question. Usually this match will be announce much earlier and possibly between seasons to make it easier on us.

Hopefully, the above is clear to everyone now.

@ Lambo, but you're still the Bernie for our sport. :P