sora3

Atomic F1 GP2 Season #2

Nice screenx3 and seat setup ploddy, I like the view from the drivers seat makes you feel like your in the car. I would love to build one of these but I dont have the room in the house, maybe I could sell one of the kids to pay for it and then use the vacant room hhhmmm.

Ok back to eyefinity for a sec...

The missus has given her blessing (as my birthday present), the catch is that I am not allowed to blow 850 a pop on two more 27' Dell Ultrasharps. A quick look on newegg shows I can get some more 27s for around the 300 mark, but their native res is 1920x1080 as opposed to the 2560x1440 of the Dell. As I understand it, they all have to bethe same res for eyefinity to work.

So, am I better off getting the cheaper 27s and forcing the Dell to a lower res to match, or getting 3 brand new 24s that are identical. The price difference between the two options is negligible.

Discuss.

G

I do believe that you can't use Eyefinity with different resolutions, but running your current 27" at 1080p would look crap. There is a 3rd option to the above, and it involves using a piece of software ex-AtomicF1 driver kikz used. That enabled him to run a 3 monitor setup with mixed monitors, while still being able to use them like Eyefinity in games. I'll try and find the program

EDIT: Seems it's not perfect, but it's here in his blog. Probably wouldn't bother myself now I've read about it :-P

I honestly wouldn't know what to do myself if I were in that situation. I'd sooner have 3 identical monitors either way, but already having an awesome 27" would make it hard

So it seems after all that, I haven't added anything to this discussion :-P

Edited by nobody813

Is buying 3 new 24"s an option Greg?

Then you can have it setup separately and still have your desktop setup, so that when you get your dedicated simrig and simrig PC, you'll be right to go. :D

Is buying 3 new 24"s an option Greg?

Then you can have it setup separately and still have your desktop setup, so that when you get your dedicated simrig and simrig PC, you'll be right to go. :D

Started thinking along these lines a few seconds ago

+1

I have both and let me tell you, it is the ONLY way to go. I have one dedicated rig for general shit, photography, video editing, podcasting, playing music, music recording, general games (well, Skyrim really), emails, pr0n (how did that get in there), overclocking and movies...

- and one for Sims (F1 and War Thunder).

Win.

Same as I. Simrig has dedicated screens and PC. And normal desktop, with my lovely Dell 27" :D But this doesn't work for everyone, as space is required. Got a spare room rogue?? ;)

Desktop gets the beefy hardware, and it cycled down to simrig when it's upgraded... although this may have to change to the other way around, as I spend far more time playing games on the simrig that the desktop now... :p

In other news...

Lotus Finds Podium Glory

Martin Trundle with a special report:

Team Lotus GP2 is immensely proud to announce it has secured 3rd place in the Constructors Championship for GP2 Season 2. With 104 points remaining in the final 2 rounds of the championship, the Sauber outfit are out of reach from the podium. Likewise, Team Lotus GP2 does not have the rounds left to catch either of the top two teams, and so will finish 3rd.

Team Principal Eric Boullier had this to say: "This is a momentous occasion for the hard-fighting boys from Enstone. Despite a few setbacks throughout the year, most memorably a catastrophic engine failure at Hockenheim that could have given us our first victory, it has been consistency that will be the hallmark of a memorable season. Of course, we owe much to our drivers Effing_Sea and Ploddy, who have really taken the fight to the bigger teams on any number of occasions".

Lotus Driver Ploddy: "I can't thank the boys enough for this massive result. The amount of hours they put in, week after week, so that we can tool around in fast cars is staggering and Eff and I couldn't have done it without them. This victory is truly a team effort and on this day, I am proud to call myself part of Team Lotus."

Geez, the marketing department are quick. Just went to the supermarket to get myself some anti-stink spray, and I ended up picking up this:

Posted Image

It smells Bee-yoo-ti-ful!

Space is indeed the issue. To be honest I really doubt I can fit 3 27s anyway. Don't have space for a separate set up so it has to go in that space you can see in the pic on my atomic f1 profile page.

I'm thinking I might even drop it to 3x 21s due to the space restraints.

Oh, and well done to Lotus, good job guys!

G

Space is indeed the issue. To be honest I really doubt I can fit 3 27s anyway. Don't have space for a separate set up so it has to go in that space you can see in the pic on my atomic f1 profile page.

I'm thinking I might even drop it to 3x 21s due to the space restraints.

Oh, and well done to Lotus, good job guys!

G

In taht case the Dell U2212HM's would be quite good. A huge plus for you is that they have DisplayPort, meaning you wouldn't have to muck around with any adaptors, thereby bypassing the problems that plague older AMD/ATI cards with Eyefinity

I am so buying that.

Thought you would have got sent a carton full? It does have your name on it after all...

Yeah that was the monitor I was thinking of Nobes.

Thanks for the advice fellas, think I'll place my order tomorrow :)

G

I am so buying that.

Thought you would have got sent a carton full? It does have your name on it after all...

ROFL!!!!

I didnt notice it first time.

Fkin Awesome, my first sponsor!!!!

Haha, that is awesome! Congrats to Ploddy on an amazing season, you've really taken your driving to a new level.

In other news i'm not going to be able to make the race tonight :( I'm on my way back from a triathlon down the coast, we had a few too many celebratory drinks last night after a(nother) podium finish.

Have fun all. Definitely in for next week.

CHECK THIS BAD BOY OUT!

MILLEN YOU ARE A LEGEND THIS THING IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING I LOVE IT SO MUCH

Posted Image

Awesome, truly awesome!!!

So how do I get a personalized helmet?? LOL

Shot tyres but still points! Need a good result in Brazil and hopefully, get a shot at Toggsie! :D

Personalised helmet slowing you down there SOJ? (Awesome work Millen)

Seems like one hell of a race tight for the win. Look forward to reading the reports.