sora3

Atomic F1 GP2 Season #2

Hey Millen,

We have to download each file per helmet to see them in our own game yes?

Can you make a helmet link post for them all?

Very nice Roguey.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!! MASSIVE NEWS!!!!

I actually finished the Spa review.

No, really, it's with Millen and everything.

Stay tuned, it should be up a lot faster than it took me to write it (7 weeks :( )

Race Report for Round #12 - Circuit de Spa Francorhamps

Ploddy has come through with the good and written a great race review for the Spa race, head over and give it a read and relive the good times, or bad. (Sora)

Also, I have uploaded some Profile info for Zdievo, so pop in and have a read of that too when you're done with the race report.

@ Toggsie, yeah, we will all have to download the files if we want everyone to see them. I will put them all into 1 zip file eventually and it will be a simple process.

I will update the download file for the weekend, it will include the helmets of SOJ, rogue and myself, and post the download link here in the forums.

I hope to get around to making a helmet for all GP2 guys for season 3, if they want one, but don't be surprised if it takes me until a few rounds into the season to get everyone's done. If you want a custom helmet, start PMing me with some ideas and pictures of inspiration.

Cheers guys.

Edited by millen

Now I wanna come back for Season 3 just for a helmet :-P

EDIT: Though for that to happen, there'd need to be room for a reserve driver...

Edited by nobody813

Well Mr Nobody. Master Soj will be away lots next season. It will be an honour to have a noisy team mate distracting my rivals. Plus we need you back full time Newayz.

Awesome race report "Martin" not a bad job considering it took less than a week to write, oh wait, what?!

Lol personalised helmets for all in season 3, awesome way to get everyone to come back! C'mon nobody that's you GP2 needs you.

Thanks for putting up my profile Millen, glad I did it, was a bit of fun to do, and makes it much longer lasting and locked into Atomic F1's folklore.

Edited by zdievo

No Worries Zdievo. Good job and glad you did it, if only some of these other guys would give it a shot. *ahem* (oh wait, I haven't got a full profile, please continue...)

Everyone should head here and vote for Assetto Corsa in Steam's Greenlight.

I don't think it will have any trouble making it to Steam, but every bit helps.

Oh, and while you're there, vote for Automation too, that looks really cool.

Edited by millen

Just to some of the gp2 guys who might be thinking of taking the leap up next season if seats are available in GP1 are unsure due to timezones, Daylight savings for the true eastern states ends on April 7 so all gps will go forward an Hour for those outside these states.........

Just something to keep in mind :)

Okay. Last race of the season.

I'm taking a night off work.

I'll be there fellas!

Sorry.

Nice one Fredzy, excellent commitment!

Come on now Nobes, your turn ;-)

Also, I don't think you'd be a reserve driver dude, for starters the GP1 migration appears to have been called off, and as an existing driver you get first dibs anyway.

And beware Togs this week, he's got some impressive speed.

G

Edited by grey g

I dunno, Prime was very quick tonight in FNP... Plods and Toggs where having a great scrap during the race I watched too. Should be a very close race this one.

Have to say to the GP2 drivers who participated last night, man you boys have improved out of sight and your speed last night was exceptional.

At time I found it difficult to pass many of you so glad to see the improvements from Round1 when I last raced with a lot of you guys.

The toggs and Ploddy battle was fun to watch as I approached and ploddy especially was not giving me an inch as I was coming through, some really good wheel to wheel racing......

Ploddy I hope in the end when I finally got past that I didnt bump you off as on my screen i didnt but the way your car moved it looked like I might have?

Also in one race Prime was able to hold off Tof and myself for a couple of laps, no mean feat so great work :)

Speaking of...

Yep, it was an epic battle, one for the ages.

Flukey, yeah there was a shunt but most likely bubble action - nothing you can do, all good.

I tells ya, this new setup has changed everything. To be a second off the pace with no practice at all is just mind blowing. Thanks to everyone for sharing tips.

Not to dampen the moment but being a close timed track, 1 second is outrageous. I dont know where to find that time from. I was on the limit much of last night and felt the Ploddster and Pesti... sorry Pessi, were consistently quick. I'm needing more practise to get that cruisey in my limits speed =)

Yeah but my point was, I've done a lot of FNP's and I've been 5-8 seconds off the pace on average. Even given the smallness of Brazil, I woulda expected 2-3 seconds. To be 1, with no practice, blows me away.

Haha. Yeah. You were fast. I did all qualy laps mate. I cant do that for a 50%. Im hoping a massive turn1 grojeanalonso followed by a turn4 bingle to get me up the ranks...

My advice, FWIW, do the start of a 50% practice race to get used to full fuel loads on your setup. You dont have to do the whole race, but I find it helps immensely to know your brake markers and turn points when the car is fat, which is always HEAPS different. It gets you through those first couple of laps when everyone else is struggling.

There you go, you know my 'iceman' secret now.

What happend at t1 when you spun togsie, from my screen you just spun out in front of me so I'm guessing my bubble hit you out, is that what it felt like from your end? Sorry for that, had no idea the bubble was that bad