sora3

Atomic F1 GP2 Season #2

Sorry mate. I dont remember any spin. I was watchn corner to corner im afraid. I k ow there was one point that evil nemesis bastard ploddy rammed me off the road but watching his vid, I think he list traction and I was in the right place to stop him from spinning. DaMN. All is good GP1 bruva.

Lol. You shoulda sen last night's practice session with jase, ghost and steve.

Race 1: Whoops sorry ploddy

Race 2: Oh, sorry about that massive shunt ploddy

Race 3: Ploddy, too bad you were leading for 3 out of the 5 laps, but getting pinballed into last place is ok though, right?

Race 4: Leading at the start is all well and good, but *bang* whoops ploddy, sorry, 2nd is OK, *thump* oh never mind, youll be fine, I'll just sneak thru while youre unsettled but dont worry youre in 3rd *whammo* oh, well, not to worry, last place is still 4th...

:)

NB: Take home message from the night: Harden the fuck up Plodz, it's good practice in spin recovery for race night. :D

Lol. You shoulda sen last night's practice session with jase, ghost and steve.

Last NIGHT'S...? Crikey. Ghost and Steve (plus others - inc me for an hour) were online practicing most the afternoon too. So much for just ricking up and having a blast :}

I wasn't practicing, I just felt like a racing. Out to have fun and punt off Ploddy.....I mean to show him how us GP1'ers race. I reckon he was mighty impressed for sure.

Guys, I've got a bit of a family emergency on as my mother's brother just went into emergency. We don't know the details but I'm trying to call my parents. Sorry guys, but I need to deal with this first. Have fun guys.

Hey Rogueeeeeeey, Rogueeeeeyboy..... wakey wakey...........

No pressure but because I am 25 points ahead and this is the last race, if you want to beat me (and I know that you do soooooooooo badly), you have to win the race as a minimum (plus a point in qualy).

Plus, if I get points then you need to offset that with qualy points. SO, if I come 7th or higher, even pole position and a win won't save your sorry ass.

Just sayin'

:)

Guys, I've got a bit of a family emergency on as my mother's brother just went into emergency. We don't know the details but I'm trying to call my parents. Sorry guys, but I need to deal with this first. Have fun guys.

Wow, um, hope it all turns out ok mate. Take care.

Quick update.....

Rogue has found speed...

This race is going to be about who survives Turn1 and turn4. Very close and fast times. Midfield seems to be crazy close and only a slight stuff up from the front runners will see them in our grasp. Mwahahahahaha.

Watch out for the McLaren pit lane block DesOZmo....

Thoughts are with you and your family Sora, hope everything is ok.

And Plods....

Look mate, I don't wanna influence the outcome of any upcoming WADA investigation by making prejudicial comments about your jump in performance this season. All i'll say is that the corruption in Australian sport needs to be dealt with...

;-P

G

Ploddy, epic race mate. loved it. Thought you had me, I was struggling big time at the start, forgot to change my fuel load and struggled with the really heavy car.

But after the pitstops I started to slowly reel you in, had to use up most of my fuel running rich.

We ran into lapped traffic, I had a crack into turn one,, tried to use zdievo as a bit of a tow, but had a tap from him coming out of 1, My fault, should have waited for the DRS zone, was just being impatient...

So I switched back to standard fuel and settled in thinking you would run away now. But...

You had a bit of a run in with Fredz, and I was right back onto you tail...

Pushed hard and managed to get past in the DRS zone with Fredz right behind us...

Then I kept trying to push hard to create a gap, but you just kept holding right in there in the 1.2 -2 second range, so I couldn't make any mistakes.

Had fuel at optimal for around the last 10 or so lap, so had to switch into lean for a lap or two, but you make up too much ground, so I risked it and put it back into standard for the last couple, just managing to hold you off for third.

How much fuel did you have on board?? Everytime my engineer told me what you were running you were on rich, haha.

Great race, looking forward to watching you replay.

Edited by millen

Fantastic race to end a fantastic season.

Didn't manage to get to the perfect lap in qualifying but was happy with 2nd. Did manage to get up on Oz in the last run but ran out of fuel (I know you don't believe me Oz)

Race: Epic. Lead changed about 10 times wheel to wheel no contact apart from the one where Oz hit me AGAIN to take the race win (2 weeks in a row you dirty bastard piss off to GP1 :p). From start to finish we battled and congrats to you on the win mate well deserved.

Quote: "We'll I said at the start of the season that I didn't want to get spanked, and I didn't job done"

Thanks for the racing guys, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. It has been great fun and I have looked forward to the races every week. Good times

Videos to follow

Edited by sonofjorel88

@Sora.

Hope it all works out mate. Was a shame to race without you and I was really looking forward to one last battle...

As it sits, I think Next season hits off same weekend as Melbourne. As a forward notice:

I wont be available to race that weekend / Monday.

Also I think I'm out for Easter weekend possibly unless I find Wifi and my controller at Coral Bay.

Also maybe the School holidays shortly after?!?! My Lady friend is a teacher so we get restricted holiday dates each year and we have to use a booking that got transferred due to the last cyclone cancellation. Bloody Women. Interfering with my Formula career! Lucky she is lovely and doesn't beat me too much!

So whether a full grid requires a reserve driver or whatever, My seat will probably be free for a few races. Lets see what happens.

Finally, when does the proper "silly season" negotiations begin? Car changes, team mate splits??? Last I heard, Evo wants a more fulfilling relationship and Rogue seems to be unable to deliver??!?!? Poor lovers!!

Discuss....

Mwahahahahaha ;P

I signed a multi-season deal with Sir Frank, and as a thank you for my efforts this season he's letting me paint the car like this for season 3:

http://f1fastlap.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/f...na-edition.html

And Pete, you could race with me *cough*P5*cough* or Toggs *cough*lower than P5*cough*....

Also, did I mention: http://f1fastlap.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/f...na-edition.html ?

G

Edited by grey g

That's looks sweet rogue. If you do choose to use that. I think we should all have to download and install it.

Fredz have you got a bigger copy of that image... I could have some fun with that on your helmet if so.

Once again guys thanks for the great last third of a season.

Thanks for having me back.

Thanks to all the guys I had race battles with, some of the racing I was involved with this season was fantastic.

Thanks to everyone for showing up each weekend so that we can race.

Thanks for all being a great bunch on guys, I really look forward to my Sunday nights now.

Thanks to rogue and the other guys for doing the race reports. The GP2 season results pages looks awesome this season thanks to the write ups.

See you all around for the silly season. Let the fun begin.

Bring on Season 3

Cheers guys!

Sorry had to run guys, needed to pick some people up from Soundwave.

On that note, don't drive a car right after doing these races. It took all my concentration not to turn into a hoon.

Will write something up tomorrow with the Vid upload.... Can also do a stats write-up during the week to heat up the silly season.

I signed a multi-season deal with Sir Frank, and as a thank you for my efforts this season he's letting me paint the car like this for season 3:

http://f1fastlap.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/f...na-edition.html

And Pete, you could race with me *cough*P5*cough* or Toggs *cough*lower than P5*cough*....

Also, did I mention: http://f1fastlap.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/f...na-edition.html ?

G

First time for me meeting this site. I like it. Those helmet mods give great ideas...

Definitely go with the Senna edition. Luvlyjubly me thinks.

Cant wait for all the modded helmets n such =) Millen your a legend. I will come up with an idea soon...well as soon as I am sure where Master Soj has us driving. They have opened up another post office up here just to cater for all his negotiation and contract offers. I might forge his signature on a few "benefits" and redirect it to a better address.

Sorry had to run guys, needed to pick some people up from Soundwave.

On that note, don't drive a car right after doing these races. It took all my concentration not to turn into a hoon.

Will write something up tomorrow with the Vid upload.... Can also do a stats write-up during the week to heat up the silly season.

Do it mate...Make silly season even better!!

Fredz have you got a bigger copy of that image... I could have some fun with that on your helmet if so.

:P

sorry, thats as big as that pic gets :(

Qualy:

Got a 1:11 in practice qualy with Primes so that was the aim, got close for 6th.

Race:

Got away ok, was on the inside line on the first straight and was just about to plan breaking and turn-in for the left-hander when the Karma Police caught up with me for all the bumps and shunts I caused throughout the season. Car sliding out of control, through a few barriers, nearly taking Effsea with me. Hopefully my account is settled for a clean-slate now for season 3.

Got the car back on track with some minor wing damage, the combination of this, full fuel, and prime tires creates a great challenge, can't really keep it clean for about 4 laps. Finally learn how to drive by lap 6 then just try not loosing too much time. Pit lap 23/24, come out right behind Effsea and WOW the grip. Pass Effsea next lap as he pits, check map, oh-oh I'm going to get lapped - and there's ten laps to go. Put my head down to not get lapped, pass Toggsie in the process - catch about 6-7 seconds on Rogue, go wide on lap 35 to get a blue flag warning just before the last lap.

Glad to hear everything is sorted Sora, bad luck you couldn't make it last night. And Fredz, nice to see your commitment to the cause for the last race, for that alone all is forgiven haha :P

Thanks everyone for a great season, look forward to more thrills and spills next season.