sora3

Atomic F1 GP2 Season #2

I signed a multi-season deal with Sir Frank, and as a thank you for my efforts this season he's letting me paint the car like this for season 3:

http://f1fastlap.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/f...na-edition.html

And Pete, you could race with me *cough*P5*cough* or Toggs *cough*lower than P5*cough*....

Also, did I mention: http://f1fastlap.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/f...na-edition.html ?

G

Screw the P5, the Senna Edition, might sell it to me to re-sign.

And agreed Millen, before the start of the next season we should install what everyone has updated/using for the full experience, specially for screen shot purposes for the website. And your personalised helmets would be a great addition to the profiles as well.

I posted this in GP1, but I'd like to do the same here so everyone sees it:

So a few housekeeping things now that we've seen the final flag fall this season:

Final stats are up for GP1, GP2 will follow tonight. Sorry I ran out of time this morning getting it done. But they'll be up shortly.

It's been a long season, and while the end result was somewhat expected I think largely it's been a successful one. I'd like to thank everyone that competed. Asking for 20 weeks of commitment is always difficult and while we've had some ups and downs It's easily been one of the most competitive seasons so far in terms of overall performance. In the coming days I will be confirming addresses for all the prizes to be sent out, so please be patient, I have not forgotten and I hope to have them in the mail by the end of the week. I hope you enjoy your T8HRS. :) Hopefully I can try and get more stuff next season!

A couple thanks for this season need to be made:

Thanks to millen for his tireless work on getting the website design to a standard that is hugely impressive. Part of the appeal of the league is the site now and I have plans for it to continue to grow.

Thanks to sora for taking on the mantle of leading the GP2 championship after the good work of Nobody. There were doubts a second division would work but it's clear it can be just as quick as GP1.

Special note to PessimistPrime who took the GP2 reporter ball, ran with it, and now we can't get it back. Some highly entertaining writing. I know the amount of dedication and commitment and motivation it takes to put together these reports so a hearty thanks.

Ben for being the FIA. It's a role that is often overlooked and rarely thanked. It's sometimes hard to appease everyone but I think Ben did a terrific job again.

I've always said Atomic F1 doesn't belong to me but I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider it my baby. I hope to continue to grow it with the help of everyone who contributes weather on the track or off. For those leaving I hope you visit us regularly or even jump in the occasional race.

I'll be spending the next few days/weeks updating all driver and team stats and maybe a few updates I had planned but havn't had time for.

I'm sorry I also forgot about rogue and Ploddy also contributing alot to the GP2 writeups. It was awesome that the three of you despite being new were enthusiastic enough to put together those reports. Big thanks to you for that guys.

Thanks Lambo for every effort you put in this season. I got a taste of what it's like to help run something like this, but it's nothing compared to what you have done. You should be proud, it's a fine achievement.

/me tips hat.

In other news...

Martin Trundle:

Rumors abound that in an attempt to rectify a woeful two seasons of inconsistent driver appearances, Ferrari have been in secret talks with not one but both Lotus drivers Eff_Sea and Ploddy. However, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo wouldn't be drawn on making comment, stating "Every driver is a potential for us, as everyone wants to drive for Ferrari".

Neither driver will confirm or deny rumors at this point, but as a tactical move it makes sense. What the prancing horse needs more than anything right now is a consistent stable of stayers, the thoroughbreds can come later with proper testing and time.

Undoubtedly, the Enstone outfit will be in hot pursuit of its two star drivers, after they combined to secure 3rd spot in the Constructor's championship. No team would easily want to give that winning form away.

It will be extremely interesting to see how things pan out over the silly season. Stay tuned.

Edited by Ploddy

Yikes, hate all those Monday races in the S7 calendar.

G

That's to avoid clashes with the real world F1 races that are on Sunday arvos. And Easter.

This may lay to rest the speculation linking the current GP2 champion to Ferrari. Speaking after the race in Brazil last night SOJ stated "Yeah I was in talks with the guys from Ferrari but the contractual obligations with regards to man hugs, bro fists and general homosexualness put me off slightly. I'm glad to hear my fellow racers Ploody and Effy are looking to go there, it will be right up there ally so to speak all the best."

Mclaren have also been putting the feelers out for new drivers as it has been rumoured that they want a more consistent line up for next season. With SOJ and Toggs apparently missing up to 11 races between them.

They have been linked to Lotus. With a spokesman for the black and gold team stating "Maximum Aggression" when asked on a strategy for next season.

Watch this space.

Mondays huuummmm. Be keen to try and work around the race times on Sundays. GP2 times won't clash as bad with the Asia races but Melbourne will mean Me, sora, toggs, millen and possibly evo not racing and there the ones I know of.

Edited by sonofjorel88

G

That's to avoid clashes with the real world F1 races that are on Sunday arvos. And Easter.

Oh I get why they're there, but alas for me 4am Monday morning before work isn't viable. Just disappointing to realise I will miss a good number of races because of it. 3-0 to you Plods :-p

G

I'm sure we will be able to work something out to suit GP2 needs rather than Monday nights. As long as we can fit the races in sometime on the same weekend, no hassles.

Starting the weekend of the Melbourne GP is the biggest hurdle. as some of you guys won't home.

Edited by millen

Pretty much as I think a couple of us are heading to Melbourne to watch the race live. So no go for me there...probably need to discuss it soon.

After is no good, but what about running it the week before? Then have the Aus GP weekend off, then back to schedule.

Just an idea.

G

A big part of shifting to Monday for GP1 was our regular starting time of 7:30, which cuts it a bit too fine. You guys do 8:30 so maybe everyone will be ok to race by then on Sunday?

Or do the race Friday night?

Friday would present me with the same problem unfortunately. It's all good, a solution will present itself, or not. I am the minority, happy to roll with what works best for the group.

G

Martin Trundle:

In an unconfirmed quote, but as we understand it was overhead by an anonymous source, Lotus boss Eric Boullier is said to have commented to his Chief Engineer James Allison regarding news that both McLaren drivers are in talks:

"That SOJ - he's a frikkin' handful. In-between trailer sessions with hookers and missed training due to hangovers and penicillin injections, he goes through engines like there's no tomorrow. You'll have your work cut out for you James me ol' mate. Toggsie's a great driver tho, and clearly is the best fit of the two. I dunno, I think we should try to hang onto our boys first, ya know? Now, where's my chequebook".

Well, this certainly throws the cat in among the pigeons. It appears as though Lotus are still chasing their current drivers, with the McLaren duo waiting in the wings for a decision, firmly in place as the aptly-named 'number twos'.

This one's gonna be interesting...

Edited by Ploddy

I probably like the idea of having the race before heading to Melbourne. Dunno if that'll be a problem for Lambo though.

I probably like the idea of having the race before heading to Melbourne. Dunno if that'll be a problem for Lambo though.

How would it be? It'll be fine sora :}

Huh? Nothing to do with me. You guys want to race on a different day please go for it! You are under no obligation to align yourself with GP1. It doesn't affect me in the slightest.

G

Oh I get why they're there, but alas for me 4am Monday morning before work isn't viable. Just disappointing to realise I will miss a good number of races because of it. 3-0 to you Plods :-p

G

Yeh i dare say that those of us in GP2 can come to an agreement to either race on a Sunday still or a Saturday instead of a Monday night, which puts Rogue in a horrible position of a 4am race on his work day.

We've done it before, and as Flouncy and Lambo have said, it doesn't affect them in regards to running GP1.

GP2 will eventually run into issues of the 8:30 start being too late once the races are in Europe. 10pm finishes are rare for us. How was this dealt with in Season 1 for GP2?

While boarding his private jet on his way back to Monaco, with Maria Sharapova on arm SOJ was asked what he thought about the revelation that he is hard on his engines. "A vicious rumour. I believe I know who started it, but am not at liberty to say who. I will say this though. I didn't have a mechanical failure all season and just one DNF due to an error. If we want to look at who had engine failures and was maybe to hard on there cars, we should look at Germany. That was a really great win. I won that race. Me"

Gotta love the post season banter :-P

As for whether or not I'll sign up for Season 3, I'm not 100% sure at the moment. It's the 1st day of semester, and the shit has already hit the fan. If the rest of the semester is anything like this, I won't be in a position to race

"zdievo: talks with Williams are slow."

We at gp2.com have heard that zdievo's talks with Williams are not going as well as planned. Sir Frank has seen that his gamble on the rookie did pay off towards the end of the season, re-confirming his eye for talented drivers and has high hopes for the season to come with an unchanged driver line up for the following season. If they managed this they could very well be the only team with an unchanged driver line up, a most definite boost for the team. However some at the Williams outfit have concerns over zdievo's commitment to the full championship with his attendance records far from stellar in his first season, but did note he 'somewhat' improved in the 2nd half of the season with consistent points scoring finishes.

Mean while those close to zdievo have hinted that he is waiting for how the silly season plays out and what opportunities may be out for him for move to another team, even chuckling at Sir Franks unwillingness to have him sign a multi-year deal at the start of the season on his twitter account.

Posted Image

However gp2.com believes that the rookie's management is not in talks with any other teams but are trying to holding out for more money, and if the rookie wants a seat for his 2nd season he needs to sign on the dotted line with Williams before they find another driver.

While boarding his private jet on his way back to Monaco, with Maria Sharapova on arm SOJ was asked what he thought about the revelation that he is hard on his engines. "A vicious rumour. I believe I know who started it, but am not at liberty to say who. I will say this though. I didn't have a mechanical failure all season and just one DNF due to an error. If we want to look at who had engine failures and was maybe to hard on there cars, we should look at Germany. That was a really great win. I won that race. Me"

Fuck.

Ing.

Gold.

:)

Gloves are off now, buddy...

Huh? Nothing to do with me. You guys want to race on a different day please go for it! You are under no obligation to align yourself with GP1. It doesn't affect me in the slightest.

Doesn't it? Wouldn't a separate comp with a separate schedule mean a totally redesigned web site? Plus, if you did redesign it, wouldn't it mean extra work to administer?

If it makes life easier I am all for a separate schedule, it probably suits us better - but convince me it won't cause you issues or lower the quality of the GP2 presence on the web site.

Sora we're talking a couple of days difference for a couple of races, if any. It's no major drama. Or minor drama. Or dilution of the importance of GP2 in any imagined way.

It's important of course that GP1 and 2 schedules are broadly aligned so FNP is of value and fun to all.

Gents

I've retired from GP1 for next season and wish to racing in GP2. So I will be looking for a team to join, I must point out that I can't do all the races due to work and this may effect the contructors championship. I think with the GOD setup out of the bag times in GP2 will be much quicker then before and the field a lot closer together as we saw in FNP.

So please reserve a seat for me, I'm not bothered which team as long as I'm on the grid.

Thanks