sora3

Atomic F1 GP2 Season #2

Well worth a watch!!!

I make a mistake on lap 3 and it takes me until here to get back behind

Amazing race. Was it a tap from behind that caused you to lock up on lap 33?

Yeah, i'll be out for 1/3 races due to work. Those weeks, i have mondays off, so hopefully that'll help at times. Dont schedule around me tho. :) i'll have to compare callenders.

Well worth a watch!!!

I make a mistake on lap 3 and it takes me until here to get back behind

Amazing race. Was it a tap from behind that caused you to lock up on lap 33?

Yeah mate it was a lot of fun.

and again yeah a hit up my rear pushed me wide at the end on lap 33. It was a shame but the only blemish in another wise awesome race.

and again yeah a hit up my rear pushed me wide at the end on lap 33. It was a shame but the only blemish in another wise awesome race.

Yea and stay off the f#$%ing race line!

But yea I did push you off the track, my apologies , should have given the place back, but f$%k that s#$t I wanted to win, at all cost, yea! looking at you GP1 b!tches, gonna be a lot of OZ smashing into you from behind...

Vids from Brazil, shot in T-bar style to show off millen's excellent helmet handiwork.

Quali

Race

Pretty dull race for me, qualified ok, started ok, had a weird bit where Fredz ghosted through me. Tried to stick with Plods and millen but eventually I ran wide, and that was that. Had a short battle with PP, but my fresh tyres and DRS vs his old ones and different strategy meant that was about all we saw of each other.

Final three race reports are coming, probably have Abu Dhabi done tomorrow night, US by the end of the week and then I'll do Brazil next weekend. Big thanks to Max Power (PP) and Martin Trundle (Plods) for their help during the season, to millen for all his work making the website look awesome and to Lambo for his efforts too.

G

Qucik race report, SoJ's vid showed most the action but here is my view.

Quali: Another quickest lap for me during quali, had another 3 runs to try and beat it but first run was the quickest. I did shorten 6th and 7th for the race as I wanted to get better acceleration and not worry about the quali top end speed. This worked well in the race as I could defend/make time on the main straight and not be so vulnerable in the DRS zone

Race: Well SoJ again was right there snapping at my wing. Went in with a normal fuel load that I saved mostly until the last 4 laps. First part of the race was just working on getting good consistent lap times made a bit easier with SoJ's error on lap 3. By lap 12 SoJ had made up the difference and I believed had used some rich mix to get there, captain obvious didn't mention anything but I was sure he did. The lower gearing helped defend the first

move. Shortly after we pitted to then resume the
. A battle the continued for most of the race until the infamous hit from
. I slowed down but did return the position, probably should have. I'm now running Rich and from what I could tell from SoJ's reply he was on optimal fuel and DRS seemed to be failing. Great result, great race.

Quote: Great race with SoJ but we had the pace today, team gave me a perfect car with a last minute change to improve the race times.

Well this is my last race in GP2 as you all know I'm off the to the 'big league'. I'll miss the warm bosom of GP2, the friends I've made and the close races I've had. Thanks for having an old displaced GP1 driver who is the victim of rules based on the moments of lactating bovine. The hookers where good the blow was better see ya's!

Full Vid

Edited by desmo1098s

Don't be a stranger mate. Every now and then master Soj needs a rev up. So pop in, stir some shite and leave with a smile...

Cheers Des, thanks for the great races. Youre welcome back any time.

Edited by Ploddy

Abu Dhabi report is with the publisher, should still hopefully have the final two sorted by the end of the weekend. Sorry for the delay.

G

Brazil race Report:

I have a horrible memory about the races, really need to work on that, or record them, but not sure the PC will cope.

Qualifying:

Went out and set my fastest lap that i qualified with in the end with the 1:13.9, starting my send run DRS on, and too much turn sideways at 250kph+ into the war just before the pits. so pit in and new wing. out again. pointless wasn't able to do any better, but wanted to get into the low 1:13's when i did manage in practice just before the race.

Race:

Stayed back and slowed early to avoid the early chaos, but didn't make up any positions, managed to get into 8th after the turn 4 chaos. And was all a blur from there. just kept doing consistent laps avoiding errors. Did have Fredz and Toggs ahead/behind me on certain moments in the race so was trying to catch/maintain. Wasn't able to keep up with Toggs, but was able to fend off Fredz for a while.

Pitted on lap 15, Fredz managed to get ahead 5 or 6 second gap. yo-yo for a while down to around 3 seconds. leaders caught up to lap me, i spun ahead of them, they went passed without issues. gap back up to 6-7 seconds on lap 2x (low 20's??). stayed like that till around lap 30, pretty much gave up on catching Fredz to get 9th place. so just kept my head down. but then i guess Fredz had a spin/off ahead, gab down to less than 2 seconds after the 2nd sector! managed to get DRS and was able pass him and hold going into turn 4 (thanks for given me space Freds) fighting for a few turns, then off the track, and Fredz was off into the distance again.

then went off roading when someone was lapping me. spun again when the leaders passed me again. and gap was up to 31 seconds, VERY much game over now. ended the race with read primes and missing left and right front wing end plates.

Overall: Best race of the season for me by far! had someone to chase/fend off the whole race. but a poor performer with the blue flags, but didn't want to loose too much time letting people through who were in tight races themselves nor affect their race too much either. Millen sorry again, missed my early braking marker by way too much and caused issues for you. glad it didn't cause huge issues.

but a awesome race for me, hoping for MUCH MUCH more of the same for my next season. cannot wait!

ps. sticking to F1 2012 and having previous lap times on the atomic f1 website is VERY handy! :p