Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
kamerong

U.S Ambassador killed by angry Libyan mob

Heard the film was a low budget effort by fundamentalist Christians (you know, the ones who want to take over ruling the U.S.)

So one bunch of religious fundamentalists set off another bunch of religious fundamentalists. Oh super. Haven't seen that before.

Round 2...... FIIIIIGHT!!!!

I've been to some of the fly-over states in America. Felt comfortable even knowing most people around me were carrying and slept with Bibles under their pillows.

When I was in Cairo in 2005, my family and I had an armed guard assigned to us by the Egyptian government because we entered Egypt from Taba/Eilat.

And we were shit scared.

I'd rather face a sea of gun-toting redneck American christians, than deal with one Islamist.

[if anyone doesn't believe me about the armed Egyptian guard, I'd be happy to scan in a photo of me and my younger brother with him on a boat on the Nile]

Is Israel behind this Film? If not which country made it and why?

From a point it looks like it was designed to stir things up in the Muslim World.

[if anyone doesn't believe me about the armed Egyptian guard, I'd be happy to scan in a photo of me and my younger brother with him on a boat on the Nile]

I don't care about verifying, I just want to see the photo.

Give me a couple of days. Mum's got the photo. I'll see her tomorrow night and get it :)

From a point it looks like it was designed to stir things up in the Muslim World.

Why would it matter who's behind the film?

The idea that it's the film's fault that the Ambassador was killed is akin to blaming a girl for wearing a miniskirt - leading to her obvious rape by an innocent desperate man.

In enlightened societies, we've learned not to kill random strangers because we get offended.

Give me a couple of days. Mum's got the photo. I'll see her tomorrow night and get it :)

Sweet.

Another vote for the pic.

Same reason... Cause it'd be awesome to see :)

Heard the film was a low budget effort by fundamentalist Christians (you know, the ones who want to take over ruling the U.S.)

So one bunch of religious fundamentalists set off another bunch of religious fundamentalists. Oh super. Haven't seen that before.

Round 2...... FIIIIIGHT!!!!

I've been to some of the fly-over states in America. Felt comfortable even knowing most people around me were carrying and slept with Bibles under their pillows.

When I was in Cairo in 2005, my family and I had an armed guard assigned to us by the Egyptian government because we entered Egypt from Taba/Eilat.

And we were shit scared.

I'd rather face a sea of gun-toting redneck American christians, than deal with one Islamist.

Who would have thought a westerner would feel uncomfortable in a land that has known nothing but being fucked over by the west for over half a century? I'm staggered!

Why would it matter who's behind the film?

The idea that it's the film's fault that the Ambassador was killed is akin to blaming a girl for wearing a miniskirt - leading to her obvious rape by an innocent desperate man.

In enlightened societies, we've learned not to kill random strangers because we get offended.

America is very angry over this film at the moment and the death of one of its diplomats being on the anniversary of 9/11 it will bring consequences to the Country or Person who made the film clip.

No Offence but if Israel was behind this and knew about it ,while the PM Netanhyu was in the country it could have serious implications for Israel. Knowing that Israel have been pushing the US to go too war with IRAN it could possibly be the reverse for Israel. Meaning US will be thinking seriously about going to war with Israel.

What better way to unite the US with Islamic Countries? You must think it does make things very bad for Israel either way now.

Edited by codecreeper

America will never ever ever ever EVER unite with Islamic countries, They are too biggoted to see past their stupid religion and develop their nations into anything livable

+1 to leonid with an Egyptian guard

What better way to unite the US with Islamic Countries?

Now there's a possibility I hadn't considered. :)

After watching the 14 minute 'trailer' (lame as it was) I can see why some Islamists would get their knickers in a twist. Not sure they said anything that wasn't historically true, Leo would probably know, but even the truth has been known to spark the odd jihad from time to time.

Maybe the problem is that Libya is still just a fledgling democracy? I mean we brought democracy to Iraq back in 2003 and after 10 years they're doing SOOOO much better. The executions, tortures, and murders appear at least on a par with, if not worse than under Saddam.

And at least under Saddam the people had intact buildings, jobs, running water and electricity.

"Iraq's Justice Ministry said there were 96 executions so far for 2012, with another 196 people on death row. Many Iraqis, including former detainees, believe the number is much higher than what the government is reporting.

Christof Heyns, UN Special Rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, said he was alarmed by reports of individuals who remain at risk of execution. "I am appalled about the level of executions in Iraq. I deeply deplore the executions carried out this week," Heyns said in August.

The recent surge in state-sanctioned killings has also drawn sharp criticism from the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Navi Pillay, who called it "a sharp increase from previous years"."

Full article http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/...1633731250.html

Edited by Director

I'd rather be with Muslims than Jews.

You both hate Jews and think the ZOG runs the world.

America is very angry over this film at the moment and the death of one of its diplomats being on the anniversary of 9/11 it will bring consequences to the Country or Person who made the film clip.

Were the Danish angry with the author of the Muhammad pictures?

Not really.

Maybe you don't live in the West, but we learned a long time ago not to take violent offence at movies making fun of our religions.

No Offence but if Israel was behind this and knew about it ,while the PM Netanhyu was in the country it could have serious implications for Israel. Knowing that Israel have been pushing the US to go too war with IRAN it could possibly be the reverse for Israel. Meaning US will be thinking seriously about going to war with Israel.

I want whatever you're smoking. The US going to war with Israel?

Sure...

What better way to unite the US with Islamic Countries? You must think it does make things very bad for Israel either way now.

The US unite with Islamic countries?

Why would it?

The US is a capitalist society. They believe that a country is best when everyone works, has opportunity and the entire workforce is empowered.

Islamic countries largely destroy female empowerment, that means they are fundamentally destroying a potential 50% of their economy. If you travel to any Islamic country you will find that there is some true poverty there. The governments carry the entire population on oil money. They are dirt poor by individual standards.

America will never combine with anyone like that, especially considering the other aspects of Islamic jurisprudence - like interest being illegal for example, the extreme punishments meted out under Islamic Sharia, etc.

On top of that, even the crazy Republicans, despite their right-wing biblical fanaticism, have beef with Islam. Qu'aranic Islam has no explicit Golden Rule (it's there implicitly), a central tenet of Christianity.

Gadafi was made out to be so bad because he was planning a single african currency that was gold backed... would have ruined the USD.

Now libya is an even bigger shit hole.

Time for another crusade.

Good ole codecreeper and fajw. You guys are great fun.

Fun fact: only about 20 people are responsible for what happened. It wasn't a massive revolt/riot. There was also an anti-whatever-the-hell-this-embassy-invasion-thing-was march/gathering as soon as it was publicly known, although that too was very small.

Islamic countries largely destroy female empowerment, that means they are fundamentally destroying a potential 50% of their economy.

Wrong.

They don’t hate us, they just hate their lives

And desperate people learn to despise

The suicidals, don’t want a clue

They don’t wanna blow up

They just want they 72

72 virgins can never stop a war

But 100 000 hookers can beat them a recur

And stopping hatred, fighting will cease

When everyone is getting blowjobs

That’s when we’ll finally have world peace

How many million men have been killing for in wars

We need to reinstate the draft enlist a million whores

Start with sororities, and all the spring breaks

Ship the girls gone wild to Afghanistan

They’ll cleverly blow they shakes

These holy wars aren’t holy

It’s not the military complex

Terrorist or 16 year old kids

Who were promised Jihad sex

Maybe, if they could see a woman’s face

They might not get on to that plane

With a bomb in their suitcase

72 virgins can never stop a war

But 100 000 hookers can beat them a recur

And stopping violence, fighting will cease

When everyone is getting blowjobs

That’s when we’ll finally have world peace.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

This thread has been highly fucking entertaining.

How I have LOLed.

Islamic countries largely destroy female empowerment, that means they are fundamentally destroying a potential 50% of their economy.

+1

Fixed it for ya.

Good ole codecreeper and fajw. You guys are great fun.

Fun fact: only about 20 people are responsible for what happened. It wasn't a massive revolt/riot. There was also an anti-whatever-the-hell-this-embassy-invasion-thing-was march/gathering as soon as it was publicly known, although that too was very small.

I'm impressed. This must be a first...

A very welcome first.

Wrong.

You make persuasive arguments, filled with facts and intimate knowledge of the topic discussed.

Well done.

Wrong.

You make persuasive arguments, filled with facts and intimate knowledge of the topic discussed.

Well done.

That's right. Islamic countries are famous for their celebration and empowerment of women, I mean heck, just the other day I was reading that one woman was allowed to drive a car. OK she had to have a close male relative in the car with her at all times, but wow, what a breakthrough! And no, I CBA sorting through the tangled mess of what's cultural and what's Islamic because a lot of that stuff kind of goes hand in hand anyway.

America will never ever ever ever EVER unite with Islamic countries,

Despite a relationship so close to two "Islamic" countries that the US has gone to war for and with them in the last ten years?

A war which is still going on, in full alliance with the government, in one case.

Edited by Hlass