bowlen

iPhone 5!

Yeah pretty amazing at the demand of it! The telco's look like they have run out of stock too and won't be taking any more pre-orders!

I hate the Galaxy SIII I have been playing with for a week or so now.

I don't know about the iPhone 5 - Telstra seem to be offering less with their plans than my current plan for some reason.

I don't know about the iPhone 5 - Telstra seem to be offering less with their plans than my current plan for some reason.

Yeah I had a Galaxy for about 2 months and hated it. I gave it a fair shot and completely hated it. Android just doesn't compare to iOS in my eyes...

More important than the apps I have is my new reliance on iCloud to sync calendars, messages, documents and notes.

Wouldn't messages be the only thing you can't synch with another service? And notes, if you use the default notes app.

I ran a SGIII for 3 weeks as a primary phone, and I hated it everyday. It now sits in my bag fully charged and turned off. Worst keyboard ever.

More important than the apps I have is my new reliance on iCloud to sync calendars, messages, documents and notes.

Wouldn't messages be the only thing you can't synch with another service? And notes, if you use the default notes app.

Google can sync notes, and calendars obviously aren't a problem. There are work arounds for documents, but the other solutions aren't nearly as convient and because of Apple's restrictions, lack some of the nicer features. At the moment I switch iWork documents between my Mac and iPad a few times per day (I'm currently working as a teacher, so I use my iPad for presentations and lesson plans). iCloud makes the process seamless, and allows editing on either device without sync issues. I can do something similar with Dropbox, but it's not possible to sync edits made on my iPad without manually syncing through iTunes.

Messages aren't really an issue, it's mostly the convenience factor for the other stuff.

I ran a SGIII for 3 weeks as a primary phone, and I hated it everyday. It now sits in my bag fully charged and turned off. Worst keyboard ever.

Did you try any of the other keyboards you can get via the Play store? Swiftkey is rather awesome, and arguably the best software keyboard available on any smartphone.

Edited by Akamatsu

I am in the same boat! Hated the phone - although was willing to give it a shot as it looked to be the best phone on the market at the time. Needless to say, I am now back on my iPhone 4 which to me is still better than the Galaxy, and waiting for Friday to get the new iPhone. I have jumped to Android twice now since it came out (from iPhone) as at the time, the phones I chose looked to be the best on the market, yet both times, they have been a complete let down and I have gone back to iOS and the iPhone.

I don't think I will be making that mistake again. Sticking to iPhone this time.

Did you try any of the other keyboards you can get via the Play store? Swiftkey is rather awesome, and arguably the best software keyboard available on any smartphone.

That's what people keep saying. I honest to god don't find it to be the case (personally). It's better than the crap that comes with Samsung products but if I had to choose between iOS's offerings and swiftkey, it would be iOS every time.

Anyone else trying their luck in grabbing one on Friday morning?

I'm planning on getting to the Perth Garden City Apple Store around 7am to try and get one that morning, then off to Telstra to change my SIM to a nanoSIM.

By some stroke of luck, I had booked 21/09 off work months ago, so hooray for that!

The reviews have started flowing in, all seem very positive. The new EarPods (terrible name...) are an improvement, the screen is great, the A6 sets a new standard in speed, the battery life is adequate, and the newly designed body is impressive (though potential fingerprint issues with the black model). The only negative is the maps, which appear to be inferior to Google's version from most perspectives.

I wonder when the next Nexus phone will be announced? Surely it must be soon if it's to capitalise on the holiday season.

Yeah, I've played around with iOS 6 Maps, and they're not quite as feature packed as Google's.

Turn-by-turn coming in October for us should be nice though, have always been a bit jealous of that on Android phones!

Which colour are people getting?

I was initially thinking the Black since it looks just so swish. People have made fair points that scratches would be much more obvious on the black though, since it's essentially a black coating over aluminium, whereas the White is bare aluminium, so if scratched it would show the same colour underneath...

#firstworldchoices

I have ordered 64gb Black and should technically be receiving it on Friday provided there are no issues with postage.