bowlen

iPhone 5!

I downloaded it over night and it's not too bad so far. I haven't got it for my phone yet (only iPad) and haven't noticed too much differences

Oh, they noticed Apples Maps was pretty awfully useless though.

Edited by Jeruselem

What about the absence of a YouTube App?

You know what, I can't actually remember whether the iPad had a YouTube app! How bad is that?

Maps isn't that great so far, but apparently they are going to make it better with time? I also hear that Google will be releasing a maps app so it should be fine.

iPhone 5 is on board with driver for delivery at the moment so I don't think I will be bothered updating my iPhone

Maps isn't that great so far, but apparently they are going to make it better with time? I also hear that Google will be releasing a maps app so it should be fine.

You can keep hoping for that, but wherever told you that is full of it. Google has pulled iOS mobile support for all Google apps.

Can one of you iOS6 users do me a favor and tell me if the App is still on the store? If it is, try to download and run it. Some people are saying it's still available on the store, but no longer works.

You can keep hoping for that, but wherever told you that is full of it. Google has pulled iOS mobile support for all Google apps.

They've already released a standalone Youtube app that's far superior to the former pre-loaded app: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57510030-...-ios-6-release/ The Gmail app was last updated on the 6th of September, and Google drive on the 10th of September. There's no evidence or public statements that suggest Google has dropped their support for iOS, it would be an absurd move considering the market share Apple retains.

I think the move to separate from Google makes sense, even ignoring the fact that they are now competitors in the smartphone market. Apple will have greater independence, and Google will have more control over its products and services. It's win-win.

Edit: "Google Said to Have Already Submitted Native iOS Maps App to Apple". Here's hoping it gets through, although it would be rather insane of Apple to reject it.

Edited by Akamatsu

Oh ok, I was just going off the statement from Google a few months ago, saying that YouTube and Maps won't be on the new iOS due to licencing problems.

Went to an Apple store to have a look. Iphone 5 is terrible imo. But there was an employee who was whipping out a Nexus saying to customers that "This is Androids competition" I said to him that the Galaxy S3 should be what you are comparing it to, but he walked off haha.

So I received my iPhone 5 in the mail today and the first thing I noticed is that there is no details about how to actually activate the account. I am porting my number over from Optus. Will Telstra automatically recognise when my phone has been turned on and connected up and will do the swap then?

I swapped to Telstra from Vodafail a few months back, just give them a call and tell them your old phone number, they should take care of the rest.

Think it took around 24 hours for the successful transfer of my number.

I swapped to Telstra from Vodafail a few months back, just give them a call and tell them your old phone number, they should take care of the rest.

Think it took around 24 hours for the successful transfer of my number.

Alright, I'll give them a call!

And on an unrelated topic....the Maps feature is shithouse

I've noticed the same reactions from other sources as well, I'm not overly impressed by this either but the thing is apple has never claimed it to be a finished product(at least to my knowledge) in the first place and people are already bitching lol. It doesn't stop there though, afaict theres more nays than yays.

I've noticed the same reactions from other sources as well, I'm not overly impressed by this either but the thing is apple has never claimed it to be a finished product(at least to my knowledge) in the first place and people are already bitching lol. It doesn't stop there though, afaict theres more nays than yays.

Uh, if they are selling a product it should be a FINISHED PRODUCT!

Especially when people are spending close to a thousand dollars on each phone!

I also read that the software glitches don't stop there, so much for "it just works".

Uh, if they are selling a product it should be a FINISHED PRODUCT!

Especially when people are spending close to a thousand dollars on each phone!

In terms of build and os yes I'd say it's a finished product not so much about the maps though, apps are an entirely different matter. IOS has been pretty solid in my view and the phones quality is the best in it's class providing that there is anything in it's class for that matter? all other phones look like plastic baby toys.

I also read that the software glitches don't stop there, so much for "it just works.

You would expect the same "out of the box" experience from any other vendor but yeah thats not reality and even so I don't see the word "flawlessly" attached to it, it's just a grossly misconceived ripple in the water.

In terms of build and os yes I'd say it's a finished product not so much about the maps though, apps are an entirely different matter. IOS has been pretty solid in my view and the phones quality is the best in it's class providing that there is anything in it's class for that matter? all other phones look like plastic baby toys.

Map software is hardly just an "app" especially when it is built into the phone.

Also the phones hardware quality is questionable at best, seems many are getting pre scratched phones, Yay!