Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Twinkie

Apple Unveils their Next Generation of Goodies

Well Apple finally unveiled their iPhone 5 and to my great delight some other stuff too like the iPod.

Have a look at CNET's coverage.

iPod

iPhone 5

iPad

They even new accessories like the earpods. I hope they last a lot longer than the old ipod earphones coz they were ridiculous in a lack of quality.

This time round, the rumors have been bang on and I'm so glad Apple continues to innovate it's iPod Nano. I grew up with the Nano and it's nice to see it's still growing with me.

There's certainly a lot of impressive stuff here and there and some things were missing but one thing that i always wanted is to delete and sort songs on my iPod nano especially with making and moving of playlists with names. I'm a very customizing kind of man and my iPod is quite a personal fellow to me. Is it possible?

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Considering the modest upgrades to the iPhone, Samsung must be shitting themselves. They really don't have anything new to copy now. Fuck you Apple for stifling innovation.

Edited by The Tick

Quick everyone. Run for your fanboi flamethrower. The fun has only just begun.

Does anyone know if IOS 6 has managed to put a damned comma on that damned keyboard yet? I think the aluminium back is a good idea and the camera looks nice but I would have liked the screen at least around 4.3". Typing on a phone becomes a lot easier for me around that size. But yeah, essentially more of the same for apple. But that's essentially what their market segment wants.

Uh oh, The Tick is turning into a troll! Where's the antidote?! :P

Gold Edited by fliptopia

Considering the modest upgrades to the iPhone, Samsung must be shitting themselves. They really don't have anything new to copy now. Fuck you Apple for stifling innovation.

I really dont understand what you just said.

You know that glass cover on the 4s could have been a sneaky marketing plan that will make people who've smashed their screens upgrade to this new 5, even quicker.

Very plausible especially coming from Apple.

:-------P

Posted Image

Looks good, but for the first time (arguably) Apple's contemporary flagship competitors are technically superior in many ways. I like the actual dimensions of the device, and the materials look really good.

I think iP5 is a great phone - bucking the "size or die" flagship trend, retaining the great style and still the best "my first smartphone" option. I only have one major criticism: the connector.

- "Lightning" huh? Does that have something to do with this cool new-fangled "Thunderbolt" port on my MacBook Air? ...oh, it's just USB 2.0. OK...

- It's smaller, which is good for fitting in more components. Great! You know what else is smaller still? microUSB that every other manufacturer uses.

- It can be put in either way? Great! Millions of Samsung/HTC/Nokia/Sony customers don't seem to have an issue figuring out which way microUSB cable goes because it only goes in one way that is obvious from the shape of the connector.

- The adaptor for every single accessory is not cheap, at all.

I understand it has to be done, and Apple aren't the only ones (hello MS/Nokia and WP7.5/WP8). But changing to microUSB would have been the best way to serve their customers and make a better product. They did not do that.

IMO, the preferred solution would have been microUSB3, if USB3 by default had connectors that could be plugged in either way. True, USB can only be plugged in one way, and microUSB helps by giving shaped connectors, but they're tiny and fiddly and people have better things to do with that few seconds every time they go to plug a device in.