Sign in to follow this  
Josho

new cpu, mobo and ram

Hi Peoples,

The old girl is not booting here and there and I've narrowed it down to mobo dying. So it's upgrade time.

Looking at getting the following to have her rise like a phoenix from the ashes.

All from MSY

Asus P8Z77-V-LK - $159

i7-3770K - $335

16G Kit 2400(8Gx2) G.Skill Trident-X - $155

Those parts decent?

Or should i move over to the 2011 Pin series? from my brief reading there's no major benefit in gaming etc for me to do that yet. Am i wrong?

any suggestions?

What is your computer used for?

I'd look at relevant RAM scaling before buying RAM that expensive. But maybe you already have.

for gaming only 3570k is your best bet 3770k doesnt provide much benefit

id swap the mb to one of these

P8Z77-M-Pro $129

AsRock Z77-Extreme 4 $145

this ram will be fast enough the faster ram isnt really worth it unless you want to push for higher overclocks

16G Kit 1600(8Gx2) $86

with a moderate oc ~4.4ghz the 2400 ram may make the cpu ~5% faster and the benefits will increase the higher you oc

So your thinking the i5 is the way to go? seems strange but if so works for me an upgrade coming in under 500 is always welcome :)

So your thinking the i5 is the way to go? seems strange but if so works for me an upgrade coming in under 500 is always welcome :)

3770k is of benefit to those that do encoding work or for getting higher benchmark scores but if you look at game benchmarks there isnt much in it

3570k is great value

3770k is of benefit to those that do encoding work or for getting higher benchmark scores but if you look at game benchmarks there isnt much in it

3570k is great value

cheers dasa might pop out and buy it today