Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
xnatex

Islamist attack Sydney police over offensive youtube video

Sure a lot of Muslims protest for varied reasons in the Western World, but it's their right to.

They're protesting against the thing that allows them to protest.

It's pure hypocrisy. Irony at best.

Never mind the violence being called for, the whole point of their protest is defeated by the fact they're protesting.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Doing the SMS rounds..

ATT: All Australians, this Sunday these muslim DOGS are planning a protest in OUR city. I call on all brothers and sisters to meet at Flinders St at 1:00pm on Sunday for a united march to the state library. Let's show these bearded goar herders that we run this country not them and if they don't like it they can FUCK OFF back to whatever shit hole they came from on the leaky boat they showed up on. Spread the word and come ready for battlefor our rights and our land. They thought Cronulla riots were bad. WE GREW THERE THEY FLEW THERE !!! Australians Unite! ! !

Betsie, I thought the Cronulla Riots are irrelevant to this thread??? What's happened, changed your mind?

Actually they do, it's a trade union thing, so is the southern cross just to enlighten the bleeding hearts.

Southern Cross pride was born out of the trade union movement and has been a symbol of the struggle of the working class ever since.

Modern day Philistines like to equate it to bogans these days tho.

Do you actually know what a Philistine is? Let me give you a hint - it's the opposite of what you're using it for.

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

Sure a lot of Muslims protest for varied reasons in the Western World, but it's their right to.

They're protesting against the thing that allows them to protest.

It's pure hypocrisy. Irony at best.

Never mind the violence being called for, the whole point of their protest is defeated by the fact they're protesting.

I was speaking on a more broad topic, as Leonid has done since the start, by comparing Saturday with the "global Muslim crisis". Also, no one here defended Saturdays actions, as it wasn't a protest, it was a riot.

If they wanted to march down the street hand in hand and tell people about this film they don't like, more power to them.

But as soon as it turns violent, and the signs for beheadings come out, that's when the Police are (and were) called.

If they wanted to march down the street hand in hand and tell people about this film they don't like, more power to them.

That's what I'm saying though.

Even the persons un-interested in rioting, were calling for the government to make it illegal to mock their prophet.

So on one hand, they're enjoying their right to protest and air their opinions, but the opinion is that somebody else should not be allowed to air their opinion.

Anybody who has made "calls" or "appeals" WRT this video, and having it blocked/removed/etc is a hypocrite. Plain and simple.

Ill just add this on in relation to the branched discussion about the cronulla riots.

Australia day is my most hated day of the year, I don't know if it was ever about "celebrating being Australian" and what being Australia apparently stands for.

It seems like it's an excuse to get drunk, act like a general fuck wit and abuse and/or assault any one who is not white and wearing something that includes or is the Australian flag or southern cross.

I still remember the last time i went to one of the festivals at whichever local oval... most of my day was spent with abuse being screamed at me and or my girlfriend.

You know for the evil crime of her not being white.

IMO Australia day really does represent what a large portion of what Australians stands for...

Racism simple as that.

When i see this:

Posted Image

What i really see is this:

Posted Image

Just thought i'd share my experiences of Australia day with everyone.

Edited by Xen

EDIT: @ Squall,

Yes, I understand your point, and again agree that their protest was both ironic and illogical, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to march (assuming it's organised with local council, in this case it wasn't). If I say that I hate the fishing industry killing all of the Dolphins, and they need to figure out better ways to drag-net, yet next week protest out the front of Woolies for the price of Tuna going up, I'd be a moron too, but I should still be able to speak my (uneducated) mind.

Just because people ask the government to make something illegal doesn't mean they listen. Take gay marriage as a good example, hundreds of thousands are screaming for it, but it's not looking like it will happen. 100 Muslims chanting some shit in the street? It should just be ignored like any other protest in an around the CBD on a fairly regular basis.

But yes, I understand and agree with you on the protesters not really having a valid argument, though I still think it's their right to be heard (as long as it's not violent or promoting hate - which it turned into).

Actually they do, it's a trade union thing, so is the southern cross just to enlighten the bleeding hearts.

Southern Cross pride was born out of the trade union movement and has been a symbol of the struggle of the working class ever since.

Modern day Philistines like to equate it to bogans these days tho.

Betsie, I thought the Cronulla Riots are irrelevant to this thread??? What's happened, changed your mind?

Do you actually know what a Philistine is? Let me give you a hint - it's the opposite of what you're using it for.

Where did I change my mind RE: Cronulla in this thread?

Umm, I wasn't the one who suggested that a southern cross tattoo is a symbol of bogan Australia and certain anti Australian narrow minded twits (read Philistine's in the context I am speaking from) in this thread perhaps needed some reminder of why working class Australians identify with the Southern Cross.

I didn't organize a riot because someone dissed something that I identify with now did I?

FYI I find many of the comments in this thread about Australians as disgusting as I'm sure many do about the disparaging comments about Muslims. But that doesn't matter because he is just a redknecked bigot bogan etc etc.

I just drink my Italian beer and eat my Indian curry and shake my head at it and stupidly try and offer some sentiments in my very blunt and uneloquent way.

I love my multiculturalism, bogan food is only marginly better than abo tucker.

The Aussie bashing always comes up in these threads so why shouldn't someone curb that? Or are we supposed to all identify with some inner city metro sexual hipster fuck as the modern Australian?

I just drink my Italian beer and eat my Indian curry and shake my head at it and stupidly try and offer some sentiments in my very blunt and uneloquent way.

Or are we supposed to all identify with some inner city metro sexual hipster fuck as the modern Australian?

You're right, that was blunt and ineloquent.

The the modern Australian would likely live in a Metro area, so yer, I guess that should be a part of the image. Talking up your Italian beer and ethnic cuisine? You sound a little hipster yourself there Betzie, despite the fact it's probably a locally brewed Peroni and a Woolies microwave curry.

Ill just add this on in relation to the branched discussion about the cronulla riots.

Australia day is my most hated day of the year, I don't know if it was ever about "celebrating being Australian" and what Australia apparently stands for.

It seems like it's an excuse to get drunk, act like a general fuck wit and abuse and/or assault any one who isn't white and wearing something that includes or is the Australian flag or southern cross.

I still remember the last time i went to one of the festivals at which ever oval... most of my day was spent with abuse being screamed at me and or my girl friend.

IMO Australia day really does represent what a large portion of what Australians stands.

For racism simple as that.

When i see this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Boo hoo. Harden up sunshine.

That's the Australian attitude.

Did your mates say that when you got your Southern cross tattoo?

Or are we supposed to all identify with some inner city metro sexual hipster fuck as the modern Australian?

The the modern Australian would likely live in a Metro area, so yer, I guess that should be a part of the image. Talking up your Italian beer and ethnic cuisine? You sound a little hipster yourself there Betzie, despite the fact it's probably a locally brewed Peroni and a Woolies microwave curry.

Can't help but to fit a sledge in there hey unco?

I get onto the exotic imports mate, those eyeties know how to make a beer, also have a nice little curry house close by who look after me, but hey I'm an easy target so have a crack.

I also love anything with Pistachio in it and of the ME foods I have had enjoy them, but yeah I guess we need a few metro's..

How dare the Americans antagonise this situation more by putting deadly chemicals in their flags to murder innocent protesters !

Allah was not protecting this devout religious man that day :(

"A PROTESTER has died from the fumes of a burning American flag during demonstrations against an anti-Islam film in Pakistan."

http://www.news.com.au/world/how-burning-t..._ref_map=%5B%5D

It was probably made in China.

Edited by Hlass

I'm tired of your racism.

I'm tired of your racism.

It can't be racism if it's not about a race now can it?

Let's call it discrimination against racist people.

Or intolerance of intolerance.

I get onto the exotic imports mate, those eyeties know how to make a beer, also have a nice little curry house close by who look after me, but hey I'm an easy target so have a crack.

I also love anything with Pistachio in it and of the ME foods I have had enjoy them, but yeah I guess we need a few metro's..

Sorry Betzie, but you make it hard to resist when you say things like "inner city metro sexual hipster fuck as the modern Australian". It kind of gives the impression we're all supposed to be walking around in footy shorts and a 'beater in order to call ourselves Aussie. I was merely pointing out the irony in your post.

Out of interest (as beer is an interest of mine) what is it you drink? I'd be surprised if it's not locally brewed under licence.

Sorry Betzie, but you make it hard to resist when you say things like "inner city metro sexual hipster fuck as the modern Australian". It kind of gives the impression we're all supposed to be walking around in footy shorts and a 'beater in order to call ourselves Aussie (in your eyes at least).

Out of interest (as beer is an interest of mine) what is it you drink?

Grass roots Aussies aren't anywhere near as horrible as sometimes they appear, they do tend to call a spade a spade tho...

I wouldn't be to worried about a massive bogan invasion in melbourne this weekend, the ones who would make trouble are to lazy to do anything or can't afford to put fuel in the commo.

Since you ask..

Peroni is a fav, my bloke has the import stuff :)

They get lots of obscure beers in, the peroni RED is worth a try, they also have a dark and summer lager I think.

99% of domestic beer is shit, I almost never bother but there are a few good ones, not an ale fan..

When do you think reporters showed up? When everyone was having a bit of a BBQ, or when people starting beating up and the families ran away?

Who cares? Just because you're drunk, doesn't excuse the fact people went there and beat up any "wog" they could find.

Half of them WERE wogs. Have you ever stepped foot in Cronulla?

Cool, the Bible tells you to enslave your neighbouring countries in times of war. As said before extremists have no place, and people teaching the objectionable parts of any ancient religion should be removed from their place of authority. I've never disagreed with you here, you just can't seem to distinguish between extremist minorities and the rest of a religion - hence my KKK reference to Catholic America previously.

There's something that's not getting through to you: the Koran is the only ME religious book that prohibits interpretation of the book, explicitly.

Do you understand that?

Not sure how I ended up saying wars, I guess because of the Japan>USA thrown in there. Either way, comparing a Muslim protest in Sydney and then saying "Jews never protested against the Nazis" it pretty stupid. Of course they didn't they were being hunted.

And they never protested afterwards.

Muslims protest all the time, for the littlest of non-reasons.

It's probably just another day out with the kids hey Leonid?

Nope but I'm sure you'll blame it on Christianity.

I'd like to expand on this and why it's important:

There's something that's not getting through to you: the Koran is the only ME religious book that prohibits interpretation of the book, explicitly.

Do you understand that?

Because Islam is not supposed to be interpreted we can easily categorise what is Islamic and what is not Islamic. This is harder to do with Christianity and Judaism where their holy books are supposed to be interpreted.

Lets say, all three holy books call for killing Hindus.

Because the Torah and the bible are interpretive one could say based on other instructions that this action would be inhuman and "un-Christian" or "un-Jewish". Since the Koran is not interpretive and it's last word on any subject is Islamic law, killing Hindus is Islamic.

The difference between a militant Islamic and Leonid.

Cannot be reasoned with - Check

Sticks staunchly to viewpoint no matter how much evidence, common sense or rationality is brought to bear - Check

Completely intolerant - Check

Hmmmm

Australia day is my most hated day of the year, I don't know if it was ever about "celebrating being Australian" and what Australia apparently stands for.

It seems like it's an excuse to get drunk, act like a general fuck wit and abuse and/or assault any one who isn't white and wearing something that includes or is the Australian flag or southern cross.

I still remember the last time i went to one of the festivals at which ever oval... most of my day was spent with abuse being screamed at me and or my girl friend.

IMO Australia day really does represent what a large portion of what Australians stands.

When i see this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Boo hoo. Whiten up sunshine. sneak edit

Yeah dude. It's your fault for going outside looking all ethnic. Australia day is only for real aussies. (and Russian Jews).

Hail the monoculture!

When i see this:

Boo hoo. Whiten up sunshine. sneak edit

Yeah dude. It's your fault for going outside looking all ethnic. Australia day is only for real aussies. (and Russian Jews).

Hail the monoculture!

What's not to love?

Posted Image

The Eureka Flag is a design which features: a dark blue field 260 x 400 cm (2:3.08 ratio); a horizontal stripe 37 cm wide and a vertical line crossing it of 36 cm wide; and 5 eight pointed stars, the central star being 65 cm tall (point to point) and the other stars 60 cm tall, representing the Crux Australis constellation.[1]

The design was first used for the war flag of the Eureka Rebellion of 1854 at Ballarat in Victoria, Australia. Rebels swore an oath to the flag as a symbol of defiance at its first flying at Bakery Hill and 22 were killed at the Eureka Stockade defending the original flag (now held at the Ballarat Fine Art Gallery).

The flag design has gained wider notability due to its adoption in Australian culture as a symbol of democracy, protest[2][3] and a wide variety of other causes. It is listed as an object of state heritage significance on the Victorian Heritage Register[4] and was named as a Victorian Icon by the National Trust in 2006.[5]

The southern cross appears everywhere and has a huge significance to a huge amount of people for a huge amount of reasons, how it is spun into a racist symbol is surely in the minds of those people who perceive it as such.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Cross_Flag

Edited by Betzie

Since you ask..

Peroni is a fav, my bloke has the import stuff :)

They get lots of obscure beers in, the peroni RED is worth a try, they also have a dark and summer lager I think.

99% of domestic beer is shit, I almost never bother but there are a few good ones, not an ale fan..

Thought it would be Peroni, not much else makes it out of Italy. There isn't any (measurable) difference between the local brew and the import, if there was the local contract would be lost. If you can taste a difference it's almost certainly a placebo :(

I've tried their red labeled Nastro Azzurro or whatever it's sold under in Italy, though it does have more flavour than most mainstream lagers, it's still pretty bland IMO :P The regular Peroni tastes like sewer water to me though, which is a shame, as it's often on sale at the bottlo' round the corner from work for less than VB.

My ambition is to open a brew pub in Sydney, but it will be Ale dominated with (hopefully) around 19 ale taps and only 1 "clean / crisp" style lager for the people who come in with a "hard earned thirst". My main clientele will hopefully be a little more adventurous though :P

I'm a beer snob no doubt, but I don't think I'm any worse than people who don't eat Maccas or KFC.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

I'm not sure.

I just thought you might have considering you called me a "fuckwit" for referring to it. Given that a few pages later, you've posted a text message that refers to the Cronulla riots, I just thought that, perhaps, it might have taken on some relevence since calling me a "fuckwit", and whether mentioning the Cronulla riots in the context of this conversation might still be considered "fuckwit" behaviour?

My ambition is to open a brew pub in Sydney, but it will be Ale dominated with (hopefully) around 19 ale taps and only 1 "clean / crisp" style lager for the people who come in with a "hard earned thirst". My main clientele will hopefully be a little more adventurous though :P

You’ll have one customer. Well, you would if I didn’t live in Perth.

I agree, Peroni is pretty weak and only just above Corona on the scale of insipid.

A you have probably ascertained by now unco, I'm a quantity man.. don't get me wrong I need the quality, much like with my whiskey ;)

I can tell locally licensed swill from the real deal and actively find the imports but so many ale's and so many crap ones... I can't think of an ale I would reach for at the mo.

I can probably be accused of a beer philistine for sticking to the easier stuff, if I was out at a pub and faced with 19 ales though I'd give them all a crack. (might take me a few days, liver has a few decades under its belt now)

I was in Hahndorf SA recently, the beer and food almost killed me!

I'm not sure.

I just thought you might have considering you called me a "fuckwit" for referring to it. Given that a few pages later, you've posted a text message that refers to the Cronulla riots, I just thought that, perhaps, it might have taken on some relevence since calling me a "fuckwit", and whether mentioning the Cronulla riots in the context of this conversation might still be considered "fuckwit" behaviour?

You’ll have one customer. Well, you would if I didn’t live in Perth.

I agree, Peroni is pretty weak and only just above Corona on the scale of insipid.

I didn't write the text msg, I simply reported its existance.

Fuckwit