Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
xnatex

Islamist attack Sydney police over offensive youtube video

that'd have to be a lot of them to sway votes enough to make a difference in power.

51% in any given location?

Any given location? To bring in Sharia law it have to affect the system at State or Fedaral level. That's a whole lot of people who would have to support Sharia law.

You do know that not all Muslims support sharia law right?

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/07/uk-there...-violent-e.html

Thats incorrect, Islam does not recognise democracy as a legitimate form of government, Islamic groups all around the whold who enforce Sharia Law do so through violence and force. Not through democratic channels. This is a main factor in the War on Terror

Point taken. :)

How is that point taken? The kid putting the signs up was British born, and converted to Islam. It has nothing to do with boat people, or increasing Muslim population through immigration.

xnatex tried to make a point saying refugees will come here and try to enforce their old countries laws on us, by linking a story about a British-born boy, putting stickers on bus stops... It's completely irrelevant to the point he was trying to prove.

I thought his point was that Sharia is enforced rather than 'voted in' in reply to my concerns that 'x' number of Muslims would be enough to influence the political process, hence 'point taken'.

"I thought his point was that Sharia is enforced rather than 'voted in' in reply to my concerns that 'x' number of Muslims would be enough to influence the political process, hence 'point taken'."

thanks Bud

That was the point, but it shouldnt be a point i need to prove anyway. We wouldnt be in a War if that wasnt the case

Edited by xnatex

Because men murdering their spouse is a problem only the Muslim community faces?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22...aking-life.html

From this link, I'm going to assume marriage counselors don't have a place in our society, as they clearly don't know how to deal with issues as civilized westerners.

EDIT: BTW this was just the first story that appeared for me when I Googled "man murders wife", I didn't go looking for it.

Because men murdering their spouse is a problem only the Muslim community faces?

I never said that, my implications were more on the fact that it seems to be accepted by muslim faces...

due to the repeat stories, all across the globe, doing similar things in very similar circumstances eg. a woman trying to be a person*, and getting beheaded/throat cut because of it.

not to mention that women are looked down upon in such a way that one could deduce that this is accepted behaviour.

*EDIT woman to person.

Edited by ilyria109

But that wasn't what the story said at all.

It said that he'd had enough of his wife, children and life. He was depressed, was still in love with his first (deceased) wife, and killed his (current) wife in a fit of anger. He resented his children, felt they had no respect for him, and felt he couldn't control them from doing things like stealing.

If the story had left out the fact this man was a Muslim, it would have been almost identical to the majority of spouse murders that happen in the western world, but of course it would then go unnoticed by all of the fear-mongers. It's easier to say he did this because of his religion, than just to say that he did it due to depression/mental instability.

Not once in the story did the man mention an honour killing, religious justification or any other sort of excuse.

What story did you read? I read the one about the guy being depressed for embracing other cultures, and not dressing suitably muslim.

"After slitting his wife’s throat, Toronto man complained of unbearable burden of children’s insufficiently Muslim clothes"

<- Title.

or Mr. Khairi, the court heard, that weight was his family’s willingness to embrace Canadian culture after emigrating from Afghanistan by way of India. It was the fact that his children did not dress sufficiently Muslim. It was that his wife not only allowed this, but stood up for those freedoms, and her own.

If you leave out the fact that he was Muslim it says "i killed my wife for no reason".

Edit: Grammar.

Edited by ilyria109

Why is the title important? It's decided by whatever the journalist decides will sell papers / generate clicks. I'd know, I write them every day.

If you leave out the fact that he was Muslim it says "i killed my wife for no reason".

It wouldn't say that at all. There is no context added by the reporter about what the father deemed inappropriate dressing, and what would have been "sufficiently Muslim" He may have been happy with jeans and a shirt, but they were leaving the house in hot pants and a boob-tube. The article doesn't elaborate. It's merely 2-3 pull quotes from a 3-hour-long Police confessional, mixed in with an opinion piece from the journalist.

As I said, the man felt his kids ignored his guidance/instruction. His wife also did the same, and he snapped after tolerating it for "too long". Take away this man was a Muslim and what do you end up with? A depressed father who's pissed off at his daughters for dressing inappropriately, and is ashamed of his sons for refusing to get jobs.

Cut out all of the opinion of this "reporter", and it's a pretty "normal" spouse killing IMO.

EDIT: Anyway, the point is, you can't just jump to a conclusion like "Muslims are bad mkay" because of a story like the one you posted. Otherwise, stories like this, would have people believing Americans carry out honor killings. Also, reading the comments of the story gives a rough indication that people from all walks of life have warped views of justice, and the way our legal system does/should work.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Why don't we just cut to the chase and rename this thread "Post your xenophobic claptrap here".

This thread is a disgrace.

Why don't we just cut to the chase and rename this thread "Post your xenophobic claptrap here".

Are pejoratives the best you can do?

If this was about xenophobia then we'd all be whining about the Chinese and the Italians and the Greeks and any other foreign group that has brought some of their culture here with them. But we're not, we're complaining about violent, ignorant and divisive behaviour which seems to be endemic within one particular belief group. Not a RACIAL group and not foreigners per se. And the old internet maxim applies here, if you don't like the thread then don't click on it. Or did you just want to pop in, and call us all 'a disgrace' to assert your moral superiority? :)

The challenge has been thrown out there, if you can show that Islam is the 'religion of peace' that some claim it to be and that our fears, presented with examples and figures are misguided then by all means give it a go. This is not a local problem, it is a global one.

If this was about xenophobia then we'd all be whining about the Chinese and the Italians and the Greeks and any other foreign group that has brought some of their culture here with them. But we're not, we're complaining about violent, ignorant and divisive behaviour which seems to be endemic within one particular belief group. Not a RACIAL group and not foreigners per se. And the old internet maxim applies here, if you don't like the thread then don't click on it. Or did you just want to pop in, and call us all 'a disgrace' to assert your moral superiority? :)

The challenge has been thrown out there, if you can show that Islam is the 'religion of peace' that some claim it to be and that our fears, presented with examples and figures are misguided then by all means give it a go. This is not a local problem, it is a global one.

If this wasn't about xenophobia there would be more people complaining about the 'natives' going off and rioting and trashing things over crap, how many people here are complaining about Cronulla? Is it just different when white people do it?

Also it's pretty funny you bring up the Greeks and Italians, way back when they were actually immigrating here (and weren't born here) there were riots involving them and people like you complaining about how violent they are. Interestingly they had the same issues as the current crop of immigrants, language barriers and a lack of jobs. Their children didn't have the same problems and now everything is hunky dory.

Anyway if Muslims were violent and it was a global problem you'd be in serious trouble, 1/6th of the worlds population is Muslim, they could fuck a lot of shit up ;) Unfortunately for racist, xenophobic and closed minded idiots such as yourself the vast majority of Muslims are not violent and aren't interested in killing and murder.

But hey don't let logic stand in the way, do explain how the few thousand dastardly 'boat people' coming in are going to destroy Australia and make us have sharia law, simple logic shits over what you say, the facts don't back up your imagination.

If you're afraid that's your problem, not mine or anyone else's, you have a problem with the way you view things, it is not the fault of the Muslims that you are closed minded or bigoted, you are not entitled to an explanation as to why Muslims aren't violent.

Edited by meds

Meds, have you been to any Islamic nations in the middle east? would you be scared to go them?

If this wasn't about xenophobia there would be more people complaining about the 'natives' going off and rioting and trashing things over crap, how many people here are complaining about Cronulla? Is it just different when white people do it?

Also it's pretty funny you bring up the Greeks and Italians, way back when they were actually immigrating here (and weren't born here) there were riots involving them and people like you complaining about how violent they are. Interestingly they had the same issues as the current crop of immigrants, language barriers and a lack of jobs. Their children didn't have the same problems and now everything is hunky dory.

Anyway if Muslims were violent and it was a global problem you'd be in serious trouble, 1/6th of the worlds population is Muslim, they could fuck a lot of shit up ;) Unfortunately for racist, xenophobic and closed minded idiots such as yourself the vast majority of Muslims are not violent and aren't interested in killing and murder.

But hey don't let logic stand in the way, do explain how the few thousand dastardly 'boat people' coming in are going to destroy Australia and make us have sharia law, simple logic shits over what you say, the facts don't back up your imagination.

If you're afraid that's your problem, not mine or anyone else's, you have a problem with the way you view things, it is not the fault of the Muslims that you are closed minded or bigoted, you are not entitled to an explanation as to why Muslims aren't violent.

Maybe you can explain why they are then?

(And nice edit BTW. ;) )

the vast majority of Muslims are not violent and aren't interested in killing and murder.

The vast majority of Muslims in the middle east endorse a culture of revenge, this is actually common knowledge. Any culture that has this sort of violence is ALWAYS going to be more violent then a culture that uses an organisation like the POLICE to sort things out.

Islamic Nations like Iran punish people an eye for an eye, this is common knowledge as well. You seem to be basing your entire knowledge of Islamic culture based on here say and rumour. Blood washes blood in Islam, if you don't believe me go have a look, dont be fooled by what you read or hear.

Edited by xnatex

Guest xyzzy frobozz

This is pretty much the standard course of conversation with you Director. Couch your xenophobic views in polite terms, and then act all arse hurt when someone calls it for what it is, and then try to portray it as a personal attack.

It isn't an attack, it's just a statement of fact - you're being xenophobic. Which brings us to...

If this was about xenophobia then we'd all be whining about the Chinese and the Italians and the Greeks and any other foreign group that has brought some of their culture here with them.

... a point which would be of only marginally more than zero value if it was correct that the word "Xenophobia" implied a requirement for the xenophobe to be equally fearful of all foreigners/strangers/those different to yourself. Unfortunately for you, it doesn't. It's entirely possible for one to be xenophobic about a particular group, as illustrated by.....

But we're not, we're complaining about violent, ignorant and divisive behaviour which seems to be endemic within one particular belief group.

Good!

We've established that you're xenophobic against Muslims.

And the old internet maxim applies here, if you don't like the thread then don't click on it. Or did you just want to pop in, and call us all 'a disgrace' to assert your moral superiority? :)

Nah!

I pretty much wanted to come in and express my view that you're a xenophobe.

The challenge has been thrown out there, if you can show that Islam is the 'religion of peace' that some claim it to be and that our fears, presented with examples and figures are misguided then by all means give it a go.

I've not made any claims thusfar, other than the one that states that you're a xenophobe and that has presented this thread as evidence thereof.

You're the one who wrote:

But we're not, we're complaining about violent, ignorant and divisive behaviour which seems to be endemic within one particular belief group.

So here's the challenge for you - why don't you show us evidence that violent, ignorant and divisive behaviour is "endemic" to Muslims?

This is not a local problem, it is a global one.

Clearly you don't "do" irony.

The vast majority of Muslims in the middle east endorse a culture of revenge, this is actually common knowledge.

It might be considered "common knowledge" by racist nincompoops such as yourself, but for the rest of us, many of whom have also spent extensive time in the Middle East and Islamic countries more generally, it's just another bigoted view dressed as some sort of "fact".

Much like eugenics.

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

The vast majority of Muslims in the middle east endorse a culture of revenge, this is actually common knowledge.

It might be considered "common knowledge" by racist nincompoops such as yourself, but for the rest of us, many of whom have also spent extensive time in the Middle East and Islamic countries more generally, it's just another bigoted view dressed as some sort of "fact".

Much like eugenics.

Pashtunwali (Pashto: پښتونوالی‎) or Pakhtunwali is a non-written ethical code and traditional lifestyle which the indigenous Pashtun people follow, one of the main things Pashtunwali promotes is revenge.

Pashtun is ethnicity and most of them live in Afghanistan and Pakistan and most are Muslims and yes Taliban are made of most Pashtuns.

Learn more about middle eastern culture here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pashtunwali

This is fact.

Did you notice the other day there was riots about being offended and they took revenge on the American ambassador to Libya? A revenge attack? This stuff is common knowledge

To say there is no culture of revenge is to deny the FACT that most punishment over there is an Eye for an eye or death. Revenge is served even in the law, To deny this is like people who deny the holocaust

Edited by xnatex

But you're again comparing the actions of a minority to a majority.

Saying Pashtunwali adopt a revenge rule of law, and therefore every Muslim in the world therefore also has the exact same belief and moral is idiotic.

Osama Bin Laden bombed the Two Towers, America then bombed Iraq and Afghanistan, is that also not a revenge move? From these actions (under your logic) we can now safely say that all Americans also seek vengeance when they've been wronged.

Saying Pashtunwali adopt a revenge rule of law, and therefore every Muslim in the world therefore also has the exact same belief and moral is idiotic.

Osama Bin Laden bombed the Two Towers, America then bombed Iraq and Afghanistan, is that also not a revenge move?

No its not a minority, its in their law, its a way of life. Its the vast majority

from wikipedia

Islam

Main article: Qisas

The Qur'an mentions the "eye for an eye" concept as being ordained for the Children of Israel.[18] The principle of Lex talionis in Islam is Qasas (قصاص) as mentioned in (Qur'an 2:178) "O you who have believed, prescribed for you is legal retribution (Qasas) for those murdered - the free for the free, the slave for the slave, and the female for the female. But whoever overlooks from his brother anything, then there should be a suitable follow-up and payment to him with good conduct. This is an alleviation from your Lord and a mercy. But whoever transgresses after that will have a painful punishment.". Some Muslim nations, still apply the rule, in accordance with the Mosaic Law. In some countries that use Islamic law (sharia), the "eye for an eye" rule is applied quite literally.[19][20]

“In the Torah We prescribed for them a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth, an equal wound for a wound: if anyone forgoes this out of charity, it will serve as atonement for his bad deeds. Those who do not judge according to what God has revealed are doing grave wrong.” (Qurʾān 5:45)

So you are saying that only a minority of Muslims follow the Qur'an?

Edited by xnatex

I wanna invent a new term to go with Holocaust denial. Islam Denial.

If you think that Islamic nations that are under Sharia law dont have a culture of revenge, you are actually in complete denial of their laws and way of life. You can find all the information on all these brutal laws and what they consider ok from sites like wikipedia and information on their crimes against humanity from charity's like amnesty international

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eye+for+an+eye+islam

There is no need to argue with me about if they are true or not, im not making this up. There is facts all over the internet about this, its in their law and has been for years.

Posted Image

lol no they aint

Edited by xnatex

Osama Bin Laden bombed the Two Towers, America then bombed Iraq and Afghanistan, is that also not a revenge move?

No its not a minority, its in their law, its a way of life. Its the vast majority

from wikipedia

Islam

Main article: Qisas

The Qur'an mentions the "eye for an eye" concept as being ordained for the Children of Israel.[18] The principle of Lex talionis in Islam is Qasas (قصاص) as mentioned in (Qur'an 2:178) "O you who have believed, prescribed for you is legal retribution (Qasas) for those murdered - the free for the free, the slave for the slave, and the female for the female. But whoever overlooks from his brother anything, then there should be a suitable follow-up and payment to him with good conduct. This is an alleviation from your Lord and a mercy. But whoever transgresses after that will have a painful punishment.". Some Muslim nations, still apply the rule, in accordance with the Mosaic Law. In some countries that use Islamic law (sharia), the "eye for an eye" rule is applied quite literally.[19][20]

“In the Torah We prescribed for them a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth, an equal wound for a wound: if anyone forgoes this out of charity, it will serve as atonement for his bad deeds. Those who do not judge according to what God has revealed are doing grave wrong.” (Qurʾān 5:45)

So you are saying that only a minority of Muslims follow the Qur'an?

Deuteronomy 14:28-29 states,

At the end of every third year you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in that year, and shall deposit it in your town. The Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance among you, and the alien, the orphan and the widow who are in your town, shall come and eat and be satisfied, in order that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hand which you do.

Is every Christian a Socialist?

I notice how you conveniently left out my comparison of Americas retaliatory actions after 9/11. Everyone wants revenge for wrongs done against them. Eye-for-an-eye is philosophically one of the fairer forms of justice, I'm not saying I agree or disagree with it, but to say Muslims the world over are bloodthirsty due to this philosophical belief is pretty extreme.

I agree, most areas in the Middle East are backwards when they're run by extremists, but that's why most of these refugees are coming to Australia, to get away from that crap and start a new life here.

You also seem to forget that The Bible and The Quran share a lot of similarities. There are tons of extremist and literalist Christians, just as there as with Muslims.

2 Peter 2:6.: and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; 7. and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked 8. (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds) -- 9. then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment.

NKJV.

God seems a lot like some of these Muslim extremists don't you think?

Countries using strict forms of Sharia Law include:

Death for Blasphemy:

1. Afghanistan

2. Bahrain

3. Iran

4. Mauritania

5. Oman

6. Pakistan

7. Yemen

8. Saudi Arabia

9. Gaza

Imprisonment for Blasphemy:

1. Algeria

2. Bangladesh

3. Egypt

4. Iraq

5. Kuwait

6. Libya

7. Malaysia

8. Maldives

9. Morocco

10. Somalia

11. Tunisia

12. United Arab Emirates

Exodus 21:24

eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Exodus 21:24

eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

thats all well and good, what christian nations enforce that? i've listed the Islamic nations that do above you

Edited by xnatex