SnowSquirrel

Atomic Meet 13 Planning Committee

2013 President of the Planning Committee  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to elect to run the event?

• Foods

Brisbane! then I can finally meet some of the Brisbane crew!

I want to see how awesome you guys really are. :P

Is this in Sydney?

That's up to Foods, the people have spoken and he's in charge.

Be afraid.

I know I'm new here. But here's an idea why not rotate it through each year from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth rinse and repeat.

Otherwise just have it between three cities or just two. Where ever the least ammount of people have to travel. Syndey is located centrally for 3 out of 4 cities. Syndey is close to Melbourne, an hour flight, one and a half hours from Adelaide, like two hours from Brisbane and well Perth is far from everything. Just my two cents.

Rotating it requires people to put in the time and effort to organise/run it, essentially. It's easy to put your hand up but harder to actually follow through.

Rotating it requires people to put in the time and effort to organise/run it, essentially. It's easy to put your hand up but harder to actually follow through.

Not much use me even putting up my hand, dude. Almost nobody would bother turning up to a Meet in Adelaide - including half the locals! :P

What it really requires is some single people or couples without kids to organize it well in advance... We are talking WELL in advance.

If I want to travel further than Sydney, I need about 4 - 6 months notice. (This applies to Fenn too!). We need time to organize care. Raise money for travel and accomodation (Whilst still paying for daycare + mortgage etc etc).

Well yeah. You get the idea.

Ideally, if I want to go, I need to know where it is by March or so. Then I can start doing the $20/week towards going there.

AD

wasn't this year a toss up between Melb and somewhere else (I can't remember)? Shouldn't that 'somewhere else' get a shot?

wasn't this year a toss up between Melb and somewhere else (I can't remember)? Shouldn't that 'somewhere else' get a shot?

Coulda sworn I heard many people declaring they were going to Brisbane a little later in the year next time. Juggs in particular said he wanted to be able to drink cold beers whilst lounging in warm breezes and watch the sun go down. (Just after having been snap frozen in the Melbourne freezing rain, that's kinda understandable.)

How about April. It's school holidays somewhere during that time, it's not summer but it's still warm! So everyone can be in a happy mood. That leaves us 5 months to source funds for everyone's trip.

Oh you.

It was essentially between Perth and Melbourne, this year. Perth won the vote, but couldn't follow through. The 'somewhere else' essentially got its shot this year ; )

Oh you.

It was essentially between Perth and Melbourne, this year. Perth won the vote, but couldn't follow through. The 'somewhere else' essentially got its shot this year ; )

Shame. Perth has so much to offer for a bunch of geeks and nerds like us xD

Many of us felt the same. Unfortunately, there's apparently nobody driving the Perth Atomic bus.

Many of us felt the same. Unfortunately, there's apparently nobody driving the Perth Atomic bus.

Caelum is driving, but frequently has to work. I can understand that.

I don't care where it is I'll be there..

Caelum is driving, but frequently has to work. I can understand that.

I don't care where it is I'll be there..

Actually, now that you've reminded me of it, I think I knew that. I'll modify the statement:

"There's no one driving the Perth Atomic bus when Caelum has other duties to attend to." ;)

Perth. And not a single person (after a winning vote) could either organise or even give the slightest amount of information about organising anything.

Literally the only reason this years meet happened was Nich...

'

Perth. And not a single person (after a winning vote) could either organise or even give the slightest amount of information about organising anything.

Literally the only reason this years meet happened was Nich...

'

And it turned out pretty bloody successfully when you consider that he did it all on his own.

Which is why it's your turn next year Foods :p

Which is why it's your turn next year Foods :p

I'll say the same thing I said when my friend told me they wanted me to throw them a birthday party:

"I'll turn up, get drunk, and have the best time of anyone there. But I'm not organising anything."

'

And it turned out pretty bloody successfully when you consider that he [Nich] did it all on his own.

It did indeed. And we all thank him for his efforts.