SnowSquirrel

Atomic Meet 13 Planning Committee

2013 President of the Planning Committee  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to elect to run the event?

• Foods

Well as happy as I would be to organise it, no one wants to come down here and it's too hard to organise something in a place you don't live. So someone from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane needs to stick their hands up. Preferably several someones.

If this is a serious thing now, and no-one else steps up, I don't mind organising something for next year again.

And yes, it'll be at a quieter venue, now that we're all old.

I know right. I'll be married and have a baby by the time this one rolls around.

'

Isn't Paddies in Sydney?

yeh, sure is.

it's changed hands a couple of times since at0mic had it's last meet there

personally, I don't like the venue, but, sydney being what it is, there are many, many viable alternatives that the meets have been held at already besides paddies.

personally, I reckon the Lansdowne would be a great venue for it, it's freakin' enormous, the food's cheap, and, very good ($7 ribs!!!) the beer's not overpriced.......but anyway, I'm probably jumping the gun here.

hopefully you guys will decide to hold it in sydney, so I can go.

IDEA!!

why not have a meet in every city at the same time? we then could link them all........everyone would be happy.

;)

Do they have White Rabbit?

If this is a serious thing now, and no-one else steps up, I don't mind organising something for next year again.

Make sure you set the date so I go OS at the last minute.

I haven't made one yet...

wasn't this year a toss up between Melb and somewhere else (I can't remember)? Shouldn't that 'somewhere else' get a shot?

Coulda sworn I heard many people declaring they were going to Brisbane a little later in the year next time. Juggs in particular said he wanted to be able to drink cold beers whilst lounging in warm breezes and watch the sun go down. (Just after having been snap frozen in the Melbourne freezing rain, that's kinda understandable.)
Well, if you guys do want to make it Brisbane for the next one, then you have a built-in organiser right here. It's that little red thing under my nickname, it compels me to do all kinds of daring and outrageous things :-)

You know I'll fight you for it, bitch! :-p

edit: also...

Brisbane! then I can finally meet some of the Brisbane crew!

I want to see how awesome you guys really are. :P

Community Events is this way :-) Seriously, anyone can organise a meet :-) Give it a shot - I'm heaps awesome, after all*. Just don't listen to Nich... on that topic. He's all kinds of dazed and confused, that boy :-)

*poster not actually awesome.

Edited by elvenwhore

Well, if you guys do want to make it Brisbane for the next one, then you have a built-in organiser right here. It's that little red thing under my nickname, it compels me to do all kinds of daring and outrageous things :-)

Personally, I would love for it to be in Brizzy. I have family up there, so I might even be able to extend my stay past the 2 days of the last three outings.

I think if you just start the thread saying you're doing it, you'll probably gazump anyone else's attempt. ;)

Personally, I would love for it to be in Brizzy. I have family up there, so I might even be able to extend my stay past the 2 days of the last three outings.

I think if you just start the thread saying you're doing it, you'll probably gazump anyone else's attempt. ;)

^ this. I'd be perfectly happy for Brisbane.

I've read through this like 5 - 6 times and still have NFI where this is going to end up being.

If this ends up being in or near Sydney someone shoot us a PM and ill do my best to be there*

* I have however managed one way or another to miss every damn one since the beginning so my track record may prove otherwise.

I've read through this like 5 - 6 times and still have NFI where this is going to end up being.

Every Hungry Jacks in Australia, I thought that bit was obvious.

'

Every Hungry Jacks in Australia, I thought that bit was obvious.

'

Ahh good as long as it's all simultaneous.

And i swear if you fuckers leave me sitting in the kids playground wearing a party hat again whilst i wait for you... ill tell the police that you are the ringleader of the child smuggling operation :)

I'd really like to make this m33t, I should have caught a plane up along with reaper man to the last one!

I would have liked to have tagged along too :-P

I'd really like to make this m33t, I should have caught a plane up along with reaper man to the last one!

Yes, get your act together next time and come. Also get your arse back in tech where you belong.

I would have liked to have tagged along too :-P

And you need to start saving now Mr Uni student.

And you need to start saving now Mr Uni student.

Man, I started saving the morning I got home from the last one! ;P

Yes, get your act together next time and come. Also get your arse back in tech where you belong.

Anything for the bald guy with the hitler moustache!

Okay so not much has been discussed since last time. For now it's still Melbourne yeah? Here's my proposal, mind you I haven't been to any of the others I don't know what to plan or how long to plan it for:

We all meet for a meal say a late lunch or early dinner. It's probably going to be about $15-25 a person more if you're all alcoholics. After that we'll break up, I'm sure people want to see the city a bit or do other things, go back to your hotel if you're staying in the city. Those of us who want to stick around can break up into groups, these can be arranged then or before. Something like splitting everyone from out of state up with someone from Melbourne. Go off find a bar or a pub. Have a few drinks and kill time until later in the night. Later that night we'll all meet up at somewhere like Cydos (a bit, cheap 24 hour lan gaming place) for some gaming?

Here are some Mexican restaurants/url]in Melbourne I recommend Marmasita

Alliteratively there are plenty of Mediterranean restaurants as well as oriental restaurants which are reasonably priced. However there's another option how about we just book a large upstairs room for one of the many pubs in Melbourne? They're decently priced, good beer and TVs for those who want to watch sports.

I've sent off a few emails inquiring about reservations for a group no larger than 30.

I really like this place: http://www.puggs.com.au/index.htm. Seems like a good honnest place to get a bite and a drink. It's in the city out of the way and it's close to anything else we'd want to do or go.

Other alternatives is catching up early morning, afternoon watching a movie and then going from there. Let me know what you guys think. I'm also down to just do a dirty pub crawl. We'd be look at probably $50 a person all things considered. $25 for lunch and $25 each for Lan gaming.

/Looks at elvenwhore... Over to ahimoth... Back to elven...

Elven: See, now that's what I meant by 'gazumping' everyone.

Ahi: Actually, I don't think there had been any consensus one way or another - very few of us in this thread were taking it seriously yet, apparently. But if you've made any inquiries at all about it, you're in the lead by a very long way.

Edited by Cybes

We all meet for a meal say a late lunch or early dinner. It's probably going to be about $15-25 a person more if you're all alcoholics.

So its going to cost a lot more.

Ahi: Actually, I don't think there had been any consensus one way or another - very few of us in this thread were taking it seriously yet, apparently. But if you've made any inquiries at all about it, you're in the lead by a very long way.

Its a billion years away. I don't know what I'm doing this afternoon. If someone wants to throw a date down then we can probably get planning.

People were saying "warm weather" which either means no later than April, then realistically not until October. So its either got to go down in the next 4 months, or in 11 months from now.

'

Its a billion years away. I don't know what I'm doing this afternoon. If someone wants to throw a date down then we can probably get planning.

How's this afternoon for you?

Dunno 'bout Foods, but I'm free! :) In the wrong damn city, but free.

Free and easy. Lets set something up.

'

Free and easy. Lets set something up.

'

Alright. Orange Hungry Jacks 6pm

Big thanks to everyone who turned up and made Meet 13 at Orange Hungry Jacks the best meet so far!

'