SnowSquirrel

Atomic Meet 13 Planning Committee

2013 President of the Planning Committee  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to elect to run the event?

• Foods

... I get the feeling I should book a trip to Bali instead of Brisbane this year. :P

It doesn't inspire confidence when the organiser doesn't know what's going on, Foods.

Quoted for excellence in badpoasting™

Alrighty then - this year I dont have a massive wedding to organise so IF and only if people want a Sydney meet again, I will volunteer my time to make it happen.

I am more than happy to travel to Melb again this year, I like going to Melb. Nich, if you want this in Melb, it's all yours. Just making an offering in case you go away overseas or you dont have time etc. Consider me a back up option.

I can organise/help organise some venues and stuff in Melbourne, but I'm back to not knowing what country I'll be in, again.

If it's not in Melbourne - likely, if there's genuine interest in Sydney or Brisbane - working around people going to PAX in Melbourne is probably going to make picking a date interesting.

...working around people going to PAX in Melbourne is probably going to make picking a date interesting.

PAX is one weekend in July. There's a whole friggin' year to pick from - and we only need one night. Granted that a weekend would be nice, which limits it a bit, but it's still a shitload more than that.

Some time that the local ambient is above freezing would be nice. ;P

...working around people going to PAX in Melbourne is probably going to make picking a date interesting.

PAX is one weekend in July. There's a whole friggin' year to pick from - and we only need one night. Granted that a weekend would be nice, which limits it a bit, but it's still a shitload more than that.

Some time that the local ambient is above freezing would be nice. ;P

Seconded, I'll be attending regardless but it would be nice to not have to bring thermals.

And I'm happy for anywhere, I'd offer to organise but suspect that no one wants to come to Tassie.

Edited by ReapermanRS

Happy to visit Tasmania again, but, er, are there any places - especially in Launceston - open late? : D

A couple Nich, a couple. Not sure you'd really want to go to them though :p

Also the year is stretching out. Would a Facebook group be a better way to come to a decision?

Tassie!!!

Stalker

And? :-P

EDIT: I barely catch up with anyone as it is now, let alone people from Atomic, so it would be cool if even a smaller secondary event was held in Tassie

Edited by nobody813

Just to clarify, was anyone actually stepping up for a Brisbane event?

Just to clarify, was anyone actually stepping up for a Brisbane event?

I don't know if anything was actually decided. I Steven Bradbury'd it for Brisbane when it looked like there was too much um-ing and ah-ing but I hadn't intended to force anyone else in or out :-) If people would prefer Sydney or Melbourne, then we can do that, easily :-)

Basically, IF Brisbane THEN elvenwhore.

edit: except I can't do May. I'll be in Europe that month :-)

Edited by elvenwhore

I'm happy with late July early August again. Figure we can't really go much earlier since it's April already.

I'm still pulling for Brizzy. Or maybe for Elven. ;)

Just...whatever ends up being decided, it needs to be finalised. For me, a week is enough warning, but other people have to arrange time off, babysitters/grandparents, petwatchers and whatever else. Plus, speaking from experience with local meets, there is no time that suits everyone - and the more you try to optimise the time/place, the more people decide not to make the effort. Fix a time and place, give 'em buckets of warning, and whoever can't make it...can't make it.

please do brisbane!

I never got to meet you guys anf girls the first time round (back in 10) and I missed the last few brisbane meets so this one would be good if its in brisbane..:D

Bump.

Was talking to Hec, Robzy, Ashlar and Niteowl on the weekend. All seemed happy for either a Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne meet. I'm leaning towards Brisbane myself as I've never been before. Should Elven just take the batton and run with it?

Well that close to home i should actually be able to turn up this time.