SnowSquirrel

Atomic Meet 13 Planning Committee

2013 President of the Planning Committee  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to elect to run the event?

• Foods

I was under the impression that we wanted this one to be in Brizzy? Y'know, rather a lot further North than Sydney. That 'Fiddler' joint looks pretty nice, but...Not Brisbane.

I don't mind overmuch if it's back in Sydney or not, I'd just like actual decision made and stuck to.

I was under the impression that we wanted this one to be in Brizzy? Y'know, rather a lot further North than Sydney. That 'Fiddler' joint looks pretty nice, but...Not Brisbane.

I don't mind overmuch if it's back in Sydney or not, I'd just like actual decision made and stuck to.

I don't care one way or the other personally would just like some progress to be made. Should we adjourn to FB because that's where everyone is these days?

Well, I was going to start the new thread, thereby making the decision for a Brisbane event, but Chuck posted the same day as I was going to do so, so I interpreted that as the master decision? After all, [venue] > [offer to organise].

Chuck's got the final say here - if his post was intended to be the decision, then everything's cool and we have a decision, a date and a venue :-)

Blacktown and the 'Fiddler are not, I think, serious suggestions.

It'd be like someone suggesting Frankston, or Logan <.>

Edited by Nich...

It'd be like someone suggesting Frankston, or Logan <.<

Nobody wants to go to Frankghanistan.

Meet 13 at Woodridge, then!

I'm declaring Brisbane the winner by default and Elven the Herculean task of organising by right of Ardberg 10 y.o.

Make with the thread Elven. I'll start a FB group and Nich can add the whole world to it (because I only have about twenty atomicans on mine)

Since when? :-P Edited by nobody813

Since when? :-P

Get out.

Blacktown and the Fiddler are definitely NOT serious suggestions lol. The Fiddler is well known as the most roughest, violent pub in Sydney, and Blacktown is a shit hole in the western burbs. Basically what Nich said re Frankston :P

Elven has the floor, the planning hat has been passed. Let's get the planning show on the road peoples. Meeting adjourned.

Edited by CheekyChops

Cool :-)

So I'll be in clinic all day today, so I'm afraid a thread will have to wait until a bit later on... but keep watching... it's coming..

I was at the fiddler a bit over a month ago, and everyone I met was lovely.

I need to be back in the country in 6 weeks for a wedding, so if you could plan this entire event around my personal schedule, that would be super helpful, thanks.

'

Any updates, guys?

The only hitch we have is that I'm leaving the country for a month, next week. I return at the start of June but until I get back, I won't reliably be around to answer questions or update threads. I know I can pull something off once I get back, but in terms of making and publicising any Comm Events thread and confirming venues/dates, I won't be able to do much at all until I get back.

I have some ideas but I won't be here to do anything with them for about 5 weeks.

edit: aside from that, the thread is ready to go. So we don't have a venue, but at least we have a thread ready to post! :-)

Edited by elvenwhore

At this point, I think people are just after a date, for planning leave. Surely you have a date, if your diet is anything to go by!

+1 on a date being set ASAP.

I dont have flexible rostering, so will need as much notice as I can to try and get shift swaps or leave if required. Without a date being set, you can pretty much count us out this year, sorry. We honestly cant just drop everything last minute to go interstate.

Blacktown and the Fiddler are definitely NOT serious suggestions lol. The Fiddler is well known as the most roughest, violent pub in Sydney, and Blacktown is a shit hole in the western burbs. Basically what Nich said re Frankston :P

Elven has the floor, the planning hat has been passed. Let's get the planning show on the road peoples. Meeting adjourned.

Blacktown is no where near as bad as it used to be and the reputation it still has.

I've been living here for two years now and I've yet to be stabbed, shot, beaten with sticks, robbed... etc.

So whats happening?

Do we have a date yet?! Or a Venue?

The first date thought of is six and a half weeks away. So someone might want to do something, just saying.

'

Do something, as in create a thread that has actual details?

Yeah, that'd be a good move.