SnowSquirrel

Atomic Meet 13 Planning Committee

2013 President of the Planning Committee  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to elect to run the event?

• Foods

Now, 2013 is getting close and nominations have finally ended, so I hope everyone managed to get in their form alright. I've gone through all the nominations for event runner and I've put up the list above.

The good news is the venue has already been chosen, we just have to get back to Hungry Jacks with a date (do they have a party room?). Suggestions for which city are always welcome. I think Perth will be in with a shot again this year unless they pussy out again.

Let's get electing!

Edited by SnowSquirrel

LOL

You do raise a good point, though - we should probably start organising where and when it should be next time. ISTR Juggs being loudly in favour of Brisbane. Personally, I don't much care where it is (I'll have to travel anyway), but I'd like to vote for later in the year than the last couple - say, middle to end of September. The objective either way is to be warm.

Its a year away, so there is still plenty of time for 2 different cities to win, then no-one back up with any planning, then Nich... to just work it all out again.

'

ISTR Juggs being loudly in favour of Brisbane.

Yes, that's right, my pretties, come into my web :-)

yeah ... the web of AWESOME!

Edited by The Tick

LOL

You do raise a good point, though - we should probably start organising where and when it should be next time. ISTR Juggs being loudly in favour of Brisbane. Personally, I don't much care where it is (I'll have to travel anyway), but I'd like to vote for later in the year than the last couple - say, middle to end of September. The objective either way is to be warm.

I heartily second that.

Oh, FYI: Hungry Jacks in Orange has a party room. And outdoor play equipment that includes a helicopter and a plane.

'

Well I'm sold. Scarf and goggles already packed.

Going somewhere warm to drink and having it later in the year so it's warmer defeats the point of drinking away your problems and pneumonia :

As long as it's somewhere other then Sydney, I'm willing to travel.

Melbourne was good, I'd like to see what Brisbane has to offer.

Not much. :P

About as much as Orange.

Not much. :P

About as much as Orange.

Anything Orange has to offer it takes away twice in return.

Except apples... it gives them in abundance.

I would vote for Sydney as i missed the last one, but i don't know that i could make it anyway.

Edited by Xen

Isn't Paddies in Sydney?

yeh, sure is.

it's changed hands a couple of times since at0mic had it's last meet there

personally, I don't like the venue, but, sydney being what it is, there are many, many viable alternatives that the meets have been held at already besides paddies.

personally, I reckon the Lansdowne would be a great venue for it, it's freakin' enormous, the food's cheap, and, very good ($7 ribs!!!) the beer's not overpriced.......but anyway, I'm probably jumping the gun here.

hopefully you guys will decide to hold it in sydney, so I can go.

IDEA!!

why not have a meet in every city at the same time? we then could link them all........everyone would be happy.

;)

IDEA!!

why not have a meet in every city at the same time? we then could link them all........everyone would be happy.

;)

That sounds oddly familiar... ;P

Given that only a handful people showed up for the last Sydney meet that sounds like loads of fun.

Party for one!

Let's go one better! Google plus hangout! No-one needs to leave their home, let alone their home city! Added bonus of no accommodation fees, and no worrying about how many drinks before you have to cut yourself off to safely drive home!

...are you sure you can handle booking that many helicopters, foodle?

Very confused.

You want me to book multiple Hungry Jacks party rooms, so that everyone can stay at home and join a Google Hangout?

'

Very confused.

You want me to book multiple Hungry Jacks party rooms, so that everyone can stay at home and join a Google Hangout?

'

Yes... everyone can't be naked otherwise.