fajw

DellTM UltraSharp U2713HM 27" Monitor with LED special: 30% off

http://www.cnet.com.au/dell-ultrasharp-u2713hm-339341226.htm

Perhaps it's a side effect of working on the MacBook Pro with Retina display all week, but we noticed a crisscrossing, faint diagonal lattice across the screen, which is either part of the anti-glare mechanism or potentially the framework for the pixels itself. It's one of those things that once you know it's there, it's hard to ignore.

well that explains a lot its a yes to cheap dodgy power meter and what is probably somebody trying to push apple doing the review

if it is the pixels visible that they are talking about it will probably be less visible than any other pc monitor you have ever used due to them being Pixel pitch 0.2335 which is smaller than most hence my difficulty reading the text

http://www.cnet.com.au/dell-ultrasharp-u2713hm-339341226.htm

Perhaps it's a side effect of working on the MacBook Pro with Retina display all week, but we noticed a crisscrossing, faint diagonal lattice across the screen, which is either part of the anti-glare mechanism or potentially the framework for the pixels itself. It's one of those things that once you know it's there, it's hard to ignore.

I'd say its the anti glare coating. Really you are not going to notice it unless you go looking for it. Shit as soon as I read that text I could see it on every monitor in the office including my cinema display.

Cool. I'll give Dell a call about it tomorrow, I guess - couldn't find/use/input the code in the business site. Under $500 and it's a sale. Tho', I'm pretty sure they may point out that the automobile club code seems to say it's exclusive and doesn't stack :\

They won't stack any other discounts on it. But I caved. Here's hoping I have no other unexpected expenses in the next month or two or I'm going to be broke by the time I end up overseas at the end of the year >.

gah tight buggers not allowing stacked 45% discounts

well i may be more than a little bit crazy but i have ordered two

looks like they dont come with displayport cables and apparently some of the cheaper ones dont work

all the dp cables i can find for sale say they are 1080 max res or dont specify so any ideas?

thanks

Could have sent you some decent ones for free Dasa :( got a ton at work from the HP 30" machines we roll out.

Could have sent you some decent ones for free Dasa :( got a ton at work from the HP 30" machines we roll out.

havent ordered any yet :)

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Has anyone used one of the newer Dells with the antiglare coating, BTW, that can comment on how it impacts things like gaming, AV watching, and reading text?

I own a Dell 3008WP TN monitor that has an anti-glare coating. I use it for photography and gaming.

It's hands down the best monitor that I've had, and pretty much the best I've seen. We've just recently moved into quite a bright house in Perth, and the screen seems to smear the glare over a wider area, but the coating really takes the edge off it. I have it side by side with an Acer TN 24" and the difference is like night and day.

I'm pretty indifferent about Dell in general, but you simply cannot go wrong with their monitors. They seem to be regularly on sale, and I'd be prepared to pay a moderate premium for one again.

I received my U2713 this morning at work and have plugged it in, it's beeeuutiful.

But it's running at 1920x1080... :(

I can't seem to even get the option to go higher in Windows resolution options...

I'm running a Dell Optiplex 380 with a ATI HD3400. Running through the Dual Link DVI cable. Win 7 64bit.

Any Ideas?

try the other dvi output on the card only one of them is dual link

looks like my dp cables have arrived at the po big thanks to mudg3 for them!

but dell has yet to clear my payment for the monitors :(

there might of been something on the screen but someone ironing took out the overloads....

but then if they hadnt done that i probably wouldnt have taken the time to snap this quick pic :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dasa

I wish I had gotten a Dell IPS monitor a decade ago. This is so awesome. And, I can game (well xcom is all I've tried) at native res if I turn down AA/shadows/etc.

Just took a photo of my U2713 in a pitch black room, this is the panel uniformity. Any of you guys found the same?

The bottom left and right corners are the most noticeable when playing games with dark scenes etc. Only downside to the screen so far.

Posted Image

im afraid the backlight bleed seems to be a common problem with the u2713 and im finding the color to not be as crisp and precises side by side with the u2711 maybe its just a matter of calibration but the 13 seems to be bleeding red into the blue making it pink while being week in red and overly yellow by comparison

i have noticed what appears to be backlight bleed in the bottom left of both monitors without really looking for it il test them when i have time

there a nice monitor but from the quality level im seeing i think there a bit over priced

Edited by Dasa

im afraid the backlight bleed seems to be a common problem with the u2713 and im finding the color to not be as crisp and precises side by side with the u2711 maybe its just a matter of calibration but the 13 seems to be bleeding red into the blue making it pink while being week in red and overly yellow by comparison

i have noticed what appears to be backlight bleed in the bottom left of both monitors without really looking for it il test them when i have time

there a nice monitor but from the quality level im seeing i think there a bit over priced

let's just hope they're issues that can just be calibrated out.

Just took a photo of my U2713 in a pitch black room, this is the panel uniformity. Any of you guys found the same?

The bottom left and right corners are the most noticeable when playing games with dark scenes etc. Only downside to the screen so far.

Posted Image

Try other angles.