fajw

DellTM UltraSharp U2713HM 27" Monitor with LED special: 30% off

grandparents have two 27" 1080 monitors imo the pixels are large grainy and ugly but it is possible to ignore them or just sit back a few feet more

but they suit them as there eye sight isnt great

my eyes are fine and i have a hard time reading steam from about a meter away or adobe programs as neither scale with windows dpi settings which imo is realy needed for a 27" 2560 monitor

hell even adobe online instructions dont scale like most websites when you press ctrl + talk about going out of there way to be dificult

Well, I just did a quick on line calculation (here). The difference in pixel size between 1920 x 1080 vs 2560 x 1440 is .311mm vs .233mm...so .078mm difference...

Now, that is probably a big difference in some ways, but I cannot see (and my eyes are fine) the whole "large grainy and ugly" thing when I look at my monitor...

Anyway, I agree to disagree. Just wanted to mount some kind of argument in defence of 1080p. Also depends, obviously, on what you do with your monitor...

Peace out :)

PS The BIG difference is the pixel density (obviously): 81.589ppi vs 108.785ppi (1080 vs 1440)

PPS Dammit, all this talk is making me want the Dell again! lol

Again, Dasa's point is still valid with how close you sit to the monitor, most people sit less than 1 metre away, now if there's any chance of being able to see individual pixels, of course your over all impression will diminish.

However, it's still a freeaaken IPS man! It's on the top of my wish/drool list.

Got the 1080p screen I mentioned earlier for my missus. I tried it out to see if I would replace mine with it and give her my old one.

Looked at the new Dell for 5 seconds and thought, 'WTF is this shit, this is huge!'.

I didn't even realise that this shit existed and then learned that it's pretty much the norm.

My point is, if you've been using 16:10, you will notice and hate the difference of 16:9 immediately. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

Dont get a 1080p 27" monitor you'd have to be silly too what a waste of money. Get something at least at 2560x1440 anything less looks like pure shit.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of getting the higher res monitors (hell, I'll be getting a Dell one day, hopefully), I am sick of seeing all these comments (not just you, mudg3) about how 1080p looks shit on a 27 inch. And how you can 'see the huge pixels' and so on. What a load of shit. My Asus suits me fine. Sure, I want better, but it is FAR from shit. Seriously. Just sayin'...

As always with these things- if you can see some of them in action in store first then you can make a properly informed decision.

Trust me man I owned a Dell 2709 from its release day it was alright but it wasn't fantastic image quality was great but 1080 is just way to stretched out at that size.

Tell what you just said truthfully once you've used a panel like the 2711 or the 2713.

Yeah i guess my choice of words is bad but i think that if I were go to from my current monitor to a 1080p panel again I'd hate it.

why is the 2713 moar expensive than the 2711? being the same thing but more features on the 13

Your information is wrong.

why is the 2713 moar expensive than the 2711? being the same thing but more features on the 13

Your information is wrong.

$100 more on the dell website and the dell mobile app. Yeah i meant the 2711 is more expensive Edited by twents

There are more differences.

Brother your not helping with 4 word statements. I realise your probly tryin to get your post count or whatever up. I know theres differences im jusr curious as to why the older screen is still more expensive

Contrast ratio, Response time, card reader.

Probably more things. These are differences. Differences change the cost of things. That's why there is a different cost.

The added cost of the U2711 is useless if you have no intention of printing/editing photos, and haven't invested in a professional calibration device. U2713 has 100% sRGB colour gamut, which makes it perfect for consuming/producing computer graphics. It's also calibrated at the factory.