TechHeadFred

So who remembers me...

Who is this "TechHeadFred?"  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Oh hey there, I....

• ..remember you! Where have you been?
    • ..always thought you were a bit of a tosser, but whatever wb I guess...
    • ...have no idea who you are!
    • ...really don't care.
    • ...didn't notice you were gone.
    • ..think you should crawl back under whatever rock you've been hiding under.

Bugs me too. But I hate typing on this crappy eeepc.. (701. Horrible keyboard).

Gave up on quote marks on the 4th fail. You're smart. That's why it bugs you Ironically, when I only have to do a single quote it's fine, but quote in a statement breaks my brain and fingers on this useless keyboard.

But yes.. Do you want quote marks with that?

AD

Too much to respond to everyone individually this tine around - Who says these forums are slowing down? Lies, I tell you!

freck - She's Mexican. While there are some cultural influences at play here, she is by no means a stereotypical latina.

She has been in Australia 5 or 6 years and prefers the culture here.

MoshVandal - noticed on facebook you were across the ditch these days - when did that happen? Also - kudos for admitting you took the shit-stirring option!

AD - I still have a 900HA Eee PC floating around - been meaning to whack Win 7 on it again...

Other than that, I'll address the general points instead-

Yes, I've decided what I want to do.

The money is only the biggest of many reasons.

No, I don't want to do it as I'm scared of the fallout. It could go either way and those who know me well will know why that scares me so much.

As for the subconscious sabotage - it's already gotten to the conscious decisions stage. Not going into detail here but anyone at this year's Melbourne meet at the end of the night will have an idea of what I'm talking about. Not gotten drunk enough to do that again since but definitely gave myself a reality check at that point...

Good to see so many of you still here! I'll try and stick around this time and stop being such a stranger in general...

Righto mate.. Well I'm around still. I hope you still have my mobile no. It hasn't changed.

I'm stay at home dad Mon - Wed. Happy to give you a beer and timeout if you need it.

AD

As a genre-defining laptop, I have huge respect for the 701 - but I also know how horrid it is to type on. You have my full understanding :P

Rob.

Good stuff. Last week of month is a bad time though. I'll be fishing down the coast.

All other times are good.

AD

Duly noted. I'll check if my phone still has your number.

As a genre-defining laptop, I have huge respect for the 701 - but I also know how horrid it is to type on. You have my full understanding :P

Rob.

The 900 series aren't much better in that regard. Screen size is marginally better though!

That's probably because the 900 series was released almost in the same breath as the 700 series. If it wasn't the same time it wasn't very far behind at all. Increased screen size, and option for a HDD over the 4gb SSD as far as I remember.

I dont know who you are, all I know is the people here are nice and easy to talk to. I was just trolling around but I brought the mag for a few years anyway greetings person I hope that this shit works out for ya.

I always try pay people back soon as I can. Its hard when others dont think that way. And sometimes things are just hard financially and the fact of the matter is some women cant be trained and some can. The ones that can are usually good but some of the ones that cant are usually spoilt little bitches.

If this shit makes you depressed then that just sucks shit mate. im always depressed about money too. Its a fucking recessionx1million in my opinon. I dont have a job, I cant get a job its fucking shit in NZ now im rethinking my life because of money. Its like life revolves around money its fucking annoying but its the truth and now i realise that im unskilled and unhireable. Now I can work on the problem. And to start understanding that makes me stress is usually a good indicator that something needs to change. Not saying get rid of your mrs but yeah why cant she get a normal job just to pay the bills. Whats up with that bullshit. she needs to get her hands dirty or fuck off. Its not like you cant go from on job to the next.

Whats your job buddy? you unemployed or... neway i hope i dont sound too critical of your mrs, im not meaning that just thinking about you. Dont be depressed ok just keep talking the situation through with people and other people especially here always have good advice.

Its fucked up world, sometimes you love a women though even though shes in a funny place intellectually.

Edited by warmachine

That's probably because the 900 series was released almost in the same breath as the 700 series. If it wasn't the same time it wasn't very far behind at all. Increased screen size, and option for a HDD over the 4gb SSD as far as I remember.

Yeah mine has a 160 Gb HDD. Still decent for just web browsing and a little bit of retro gaming, but not much more.

warmachine:

Seems like I'm not the only one who feels this way at least. I've considered pretty much everything raised in this thread so far.

As for my job, I do Desktop Support and general IT administrative tasks in my current role. On my current income, I shouldn't be this broke and never was until we started living together.

Yes, I love her. No, it's probably not enough on its own to get me through this without someone getting hurt emotionally.

Edited by TechHeadFred

...snip ...

Yes, I love her. No, it's probably not enough on its own to get me through this without someone getting hurt emotionally.

I guess you need to be in love with her as well as love her. If so, then have the money, work, let's support each other, discussion come argument.

If you're both worth the effort to each other, the argument will happen and pass. And you should both have more of an understanding of the other ...

If not, then still have the money, work, let's support each other, discussion come argument, cos this stuff needs to be dealt with.

I guess you need to be in love with her as well as love her. If so, then have the money, work, let's support each other, discussion come argument.

If you're both worth the effort to each other, the argument will happen and pass. And you should both have more of an understanding of the other ...

If not, then still have the money, work, let's support each other, discussion come argument, cos this stuff needs to be dealt with.

That's one of the other issues. I love her but I've realised I'm no longer in love with her. :(

Hey Fred! Good to see your Head around here again. We had the chat elsewhere, good luck with the follow through.

I know it's the big, naive, simplified answer, but in the end if you love each other that may be the only factor you need to consider.

There have been many moments where my partner and I have felt 'out' of love, but the fact that we love each other has alone prevented us from ever even thinking about leaving each other. It's just not part of the equation at any time, in any shape or form. We would live on the street together if that is what it came to.

If you know she isn't just using you to pay her finances (it doesn't sound like it) and will leave you after she's exploited you dry (looks like it's past that point and she's still with you), then you need to decide if you want to stay with her the same way. Financial situations aside, if it feels like you two would even work well in a marriage personality-wise, then bearing what you're both going through could be worth it. It seems like she's sacrificing something because she wants to be with you as well, if as you say she is limiting her career avenues to stay with you.

I know it's not that simple, but the point is deciding whether you are both what you want.

I've seen you around here from time to time :)

I've realised I'm no longer in love with her. :(

It sounds like you already know what needs to be done man.

I'm sorry to say it, but it's not even a "convenience" for you to remain together (eg. "For the kids"). I'm speculating, but there is also the possibility that you're being used.

Also, do you mind if I ask how old you are?

17 - Your situation sounds quite different to mine.

I can't see myself with her in 5 years, nor do I see her as the mother of my children someday.

I've seen you around here from time to time :)

I've realised I'm no longer in love with her. :(

It sounds like you already know what needs to be done man.

I'm sorry to say it, but it's not even a "convenience" for you to remain together (eg. "For the kids"). I'm speculating, but there is also the possibility that you're being used.

Also, do you mind if I ask how old you are?

I do indeed know what needs to be done, kunzie. This isn't my first time around the block, so to speak...

.. although it is hers. She's never lived with a partner before.

No kids to make that excuse for, unless you count the furry kind.

We had one pet each when we met - a small dog and an old cat. Now we have 2 dogs and 2 cats. We've discussed it rationally in the past and agreed that if it came down to it, the dogs are hers and the cats are mine.

I'm 36, she's 26.

twinair - My yard's not big enough and the dogs would dig her up anyway! :P

A little backround info:

Last time we had a serious talk about all of this she was drunk and was going to drive off with the dogs in her car in the middle of the night. If her best friend had answered the phone that night she would have left then and there.

If anything had happened to her or the dogs because she was drink driving, I wouldn't have wanted the fact that I let her go under the circumstances on my conscience. Whether intentional or not, that was emotional blackmail and I'm not OK with that.

Stuff

Ha! i remember you :)

I don't usually put input into these particular threads but here goes...

It sounds like you are being used to some extent, it may not be as bad as my last girlfriend who was too lazy to even go to centrelink but it's just the depth that matters.

As was mentioned before no job is beneath you when you have no money, I would say from some of your previous comments that if you try to force her into a job she will leave then and there.

You need to really think hard to if you actually love her, if you can't see yourself with her in five years you're better off dropping it now rather than dragging it out.

It's bloody hard to end a relationship but I'm sure if you do there will be some ACT Atomican's that can spend some time with you with a few beers.

If you drag it out it just makes it that much worse at the end, not to mention the loss of serveral years of your life that you may look back to regret.

On the bright side you get to keep the cats.

Xen (or Zen or whatever the hell it was when you were here last)

or you can work out exactly how much she is costing you per month, then reference that figure to a monthly service at the top selection of brothels in our nationals capital and work out if you are getting a good deal or not, You may be able to trade up depending on how dire the situation is

Edited by xnatex

Ha! i remember you :)

I don't usually put input into these particular threads but here goes...

It sounds like you are being used to some extent, it may not be as bad as my last girlfriend who was too lazy to even go to centrelink but it's just the depth that matters.

She's not a citizen or even a permanent resident so that's not even an option.

As was mentioned before no job is beneath you when you have no money, I would say from some of your previous comments that if you try to force her into a job she will leave then and there.

Pretty sure that's how it's likely to go.

You need to really think hard to if you actually love her, if you can't see yourself with her in five years you're better off dropping it now rather than dragging it out.

It's bloody hard to end a relationship but I'm sure if you do there will be some ACT Atomican's that can spend some time with you with a few beers.

If you drag it out it just makes it that much worse at the end, not to mention the loss of serveral years of your life that you may look back to regret.

On the bright side you get to keep the cats.

Wouldn't be the first time for that either. I made the mistake of letting something like this go far too long once before. I missed out on being single through pretty much my entire 20's as a result...

or you can work out exactly how much she is costing you per month, then reference that figure to a monthly service at the top selection of brothels in our nationals capital and work out if you are getting a good deal or not, You may be able to trade up depending on how dire the situation is

I did get as far as working out the fixed and known regular expenses yesterday. While brothels are not my style, the mathematics might be an interesting exercise...

Of course I remember you Fred, not that we talked much.

That was a difficult read with all the tags, and a difficult situation, frankly I don't really see a good outcome, but I'm not a good person to ask on matters of this type.

I'd take AD's and/or Pwarren's offer as soon as you can, a good heart to heart without too many beers can work wonders.

Cheers

Click for solution

:P

Sorry to hear of your predicament....

LMAO!

Yeah, I have similar reading material already as far as getting my "Game" back goes... :P

Of course I remember you Fred, not that we talked much.

That was a difficult read with all the tags, and a difficult situation, frankly I don't really see a good outcome, but I'm not a good person to ask on matters of this type.

We've talked in person a few times though, as I recall.

Didn't mean to have a thread with so many spoiler tags - it's more so I can read and respond while home than anything else.

I'd take AD's and/or Pwarren's offer as soon as you can, a good heart to heart without too many beers can work wonders.

Cheers

Pretty much the plan.

I've had several heart to hearts with friends both online and in person, some of whom have vested interests in the outcome.

A perspective from someone without an agenda is probably just what I need...

THF, sounds like you want and need change. you have to make it happen. leave if possible. start the next thing. plan it & execute it.

edit: i do remember you!

Edited by Mr Dump