Sign in to follow this  
martyr

DISQUS

Pretty much as the title suggests. On the Front page is there a way to search for your own comments or filter somehow. I saw some alerts when I logged in that there had been replies to my comments but then I navigated away from the page... The alert only shows up once. Is there an easy way to find the articles I've commented on to continue the conversation?

should that take the same details as my login here? It doesn't seem to want me to get in.

You might have to register there with the same email address as you used to register here/what disqus is using in on the main site.

It will then give you an option to merge orphaned comments based on your email address.

hmmm... it says my username already exists, but when i ask it to email password it says its emailed but i havent got it at any of my email addresses. Tried all my usual passwords on it including current one here. Will wait and see if the email is delayed or something.

checked your spam folder?

yeah, can't seem to find a confirmation email anywhere from when I signed up either. I can't remember actually signing up for it when atomic started using it come to think of it, but i guess it wouldnt work unless I had, lol. I may be stuck methinks.

Nah you don't need to sign up to the disqus service to use it. Atomic have some sorta cross account thing going on here between the forums and logging in to post on disqus.

But if you got an email notification from disqus saying someone had replied to your comment, then you most likely have an account.

Edited by PointZeroOne

Nah you don't need to sign up to the disqus service to use it. Atomic have some sorta cross account thing going on here between the forums and logging in to post on disqus.

But if you got an email notification from disqus saying someone had replied to your comment, then you most likely have an account.

Oh, yeah it was just a notification in the DISQUS thing on the front page, no email. I'm guessing I dont have an actuall account with them just some atomic psuedo account happening. Maybe I need to create an account with a different user name on DISQUS then try and link my one here?

edit: or would I need to have the same user name?

edit 2: Ok, I went ahead and created an account with a different username and it picked up my comments here and elsewhere, I've selected to merge them. Now I'm unsure if i'll come up under a different username but oh well.

Thanks heaps for your help PointZeroOne!

Edited by martyr

It's all based on email address. Use the right email address it should be fine.

ok cool, yeah I'm not sure about the username thing.

Edited by PointZeroOne

Yeah, damn I'm martyr2 now in DISQUS. Ah well, I should have signed up at the time I guess :P

Thanks heaps for your help man.