Sign in to follow this  
Guest xyzzy frobozz

My new rig.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Hey all.

As some of you know I ordered some new stuff:

http://s482.beta.photobucket.com/user/Tige...172511.jpg.html

Some of you were wanting see a bit of a build log. Well. I was too lazy to actually do a build log, but I did turn all of that stuff into this:

http://s482.beta.photobucket.com/user/Tige...005047.jpg.html

I'm particularly proud of where I mounted the H100, to work with the airflow of the case. The fans blow air over the cards which assists with cooling. A bit of Dremell-ing, cable tying, and some judicious use of velcro has it firmly mounted and the velcro has the added benefit of damping vibrations through the floor of the case.

Here is the AIDA64 readout on my G19, before I really got into rocking the 'clocking:

http://s482.beta.photobucket.com/user/Tige...152115.jpg.html

I hope you like!

EDIT - Posting images on this forum is a pain in the arse. Links will have to do.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

What was your reasoning to not go with a custom water loop?

The H100 is more than adequate for anything under 5GHz.

To be honest, I can't be arsed with draining out a custom loop. I built a custom WC loop a few years back and I found it to be more hassle that it was really worth.

What was your reasoning to not go with a custom water loop?

The H100 is more than adequate for anything under 5GHz.

To be honest, I can't be arsed with draining out a custom loop. I built a custom WC loop a few years back and I found it to be more hassle that it was really worth.

Understandable, nice rig BTW

Guest xyzzy frobozz

... nice rig BTW

Thanks man!

Guest xyzzy frobozz

nice work.

did you end up renting it?

Thanks man.

Nah, I bought it this time round.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

I'm Jelly. Benches or GTFO :p

LOL.

I must confess that I've been wrestling with some very not stable overclocks. The i7 920 and Gigabyte UD5 motherboard I had previously were a dream to clock, maybe too easy. This one is a bit more tricky.

Will post some benches in the next few days.

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

Nice rig, very neat and tidy. Love your corsair stuff ey? :P

I don't have much exp with 2011/x79 but i'd be trying for something basic like 125x38 which would give you 4.75ghz to begin with, and tweaking voltage till stable.. maybe around 1.35v? If there is anything specific you're struggling with post here, we might be able to help :D

Nice build, love the colour theming :)

Those fans look neat too!

My only suggestion is to cable-tie another fan on the side of those GPUs blowing inwards to give that exp card in the middle some cool air, those things run hot!

Any chance of a Parts List ,more curious to what model that case is.

Did you have to buy your own Sata3 cables or where they supplied?

just looks like a waist of cash to me but if your happy thats what matters

Guest xyzzy frobozz

I'm not having a go at you, but some might say the same about your machine. It's really a question about what you want, what you want out of it, and what you're willing to pay.

I think it's silly to judge the value of other people's computers by your own measures of what is good value. Value is subjective.

I agree with dasa, also what resolution?

2560 x 1600.

Photoshopping has seen memory being all but filled on a number of occasions.

Nice rig, very neat and tidy. Love your corsair stuff ey? :P

I don't have much exp with 2011/x79 but i'd be trying for something basic like 125x38 which would give you 4.75ghz to begin with, and tweaking voltage till stable.. maybe around 1.35v? If there is anything specific you're struggling with post here, we might be able to help :D

Thanks!

4.75 was where I had it, and was getting occasional BSODs @ 1.35v.

Gonna get home tonight and work on it some more.

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

I'm not having a go at you, but some might say the same about your machine. It's really a question about what you want, what you want out of it, and what you're willing to pay.

I think it's silly to judge the value of other people's computers by your own measures of what is good value. Value is subjective.

couldnt agree more which is why i said if it makes you happy then its worth it :)

i would have spent as much if not more on my rig as its my life its just i chose to foucus more on bang for buck\functionality than bling

Yes, I won't dwell on it as it's been summed up fairly well but... it still amazes me how people jump on a PC enthusiasts forum and criticize people for spending to much on their own tech. Tech that is very nerd-boner worthy in the first place.

Thanks!

4.75 was where I had it, and was getting occasional BSODs @ 1.35v.

Gonna get home tonight and work on it some more.

Let us know where you end up, might need to bump up the voltage a bit to 1.375v or try dropping the multi to 36 for 4.5GHz. You could also turn the base clock down and see if that helps. There is no guarantee your CPU will clock this high with ease, it's pretty random how well it does.

Considering you bought 2 more dell 27" monitors for eyefinity, that you can only use on older games, I'm not sure his anymore of a waste than yours :P