Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
warmachine

internet dating sucks

/code purple

tantryl is catching on.

Those people who had positive experiences : Were these experiences pre 2007 and/or on a reputable dating site ?

Unless you have to pay to become a member, and it's not so overloading with female members all males join free, you probably don't have a chance.

I honestly think you will never find someone by looking for them, just get on with your existence and meet people in the flesh, while simply going about your business. It worked for thousands of years before computers.

Edited by p0is0n

Or he knows you're that dude. You're that dude aren't you. It wasn't a joke, you're that dude, and he knows you're that dude.

Fuckin' illuminati.

Is not making sense a contagious disease now ? Have you caught it too ?? Oh deary me ...

I met my wife on match.com.

I think i was fairly lucky not to run into any of the scam crap that was going on particularly at that time.

We've been together for 3 years now and i'd say we will be for many more.

IMHO meeting girls in "real life" you will end up getting scammed as well, just in a different way or sense of the word.

I met my wife on match.com.

I think i was fairly lucky not to run into any of the scam crap that was going on particularly at that time.

We've been together for 3 years now and i'd say we will be for many more.

IMHO meeting girls in "real life" you will end up getting scammed as well, just in a different way or sense of the word.

I know quite a few chicks that go out on the town with next to no money with the full intention of getting shouted drinks all night by keen dudes

I met my girlfriend on 5 years on WoW, and know a few other people who also met partners through the game.

Do ya have date nights in Azeroth?

I met my girlfriend on 5 years on WoW, and know a few other people who also met partners through the game.

That's slightly different though :-P

The only girl i met in WoW started to send me death threats because i would not babysit her son in WoW. Boy was she crazy ,after she was perma banned her son started then he was banned too. Even the guild i was in at the time started to get threats through their website until the Guild Leader got pissed off and got the police involved.

Had a housemate meet her boyfriend on City of Heroes. He was in another country and she moved there to be with him (despite stern warnings from everyone she knew here).

I wouldn't imagine that's very common, but it obviously can happen.

That is awesome...

Yes xnatex, we have date nights in Azeroth. //eyeroll

Also, The only time we spend time together in person in on Maintenance Tuesdays. At least we get those Tuesday nights together though, I'd hate to have met her on Facebook, else we'd never get "down time" to hang out.

My brother met his girlfriend on WoW, they've been together 5 or 6 years now, she moved to adelaide to go to uni, so they met up, got together, moved back to adelaide together and now they're back here.

I was internet dating a girl on wow back when I was 17/18, but that didn't work out, she was in FNQ and I was in Vic, no monies etc.

Was expecting replies taking the piss out of online dating. I was surprised to say the least by the replies so far.

Well, it's a perfectly legit way to meet people. And for the most part, if you're going to hookup with someone, anyone, you're going to have to cross their path sme how. The net at least allows you to find people more of your ilk than not. Shit man, I met my first girlfriend in high school through an IRC channel, I would have never have crossed paths with her otherwise.......Well it was Canberra so I guess anything is possible I suppose.

Point it is, you would only have to go 10 years back for most people to snigger at the idea of meeting someone online, where as now it's pretty main stream, most peoples social worlds would crumble without it.

Edited by MrFriendly

Point it is, you would only have to go 10 years back for most people to snigger at the idea of meeting someone online

Well actually, my mum met my stepdad through newspaper classifieds about 15 years ago :P

Was expecting replies taking the piss out of online dating. I was surprised to say the least by the replies so far.

Well, it's a perfectly legit way to meet people. And for the most part, if you're going to hookup with someone, anyone, you're going to have to cross their path sme how. The net at least allows you to find people more of your ilk than not. Shit man, I met my first girlfriend in high school through an IRC channel, I would have never have crossed paths with her otherwise.......Well it was Canberra so I guess anything is possible I suppose.

Point it is, you would only have to go 10 years back for most people to snigger at the idea of meeting someone online, where as now it's pretty main stream, most peoples social worlds would crumble without it.

Ahh see in my world though it is still seen as an unorthodox, untrustworthy form of meeting someone that may end up being your partner. I hang out with far too many people in there 40s+ that don't like technology and are already married and settled so... I myself don't mind the idea although am weary of it. So yes here people still do snigger at the idea of meeting someone online and think the people that do are generally airheads as most of them I know (in real life) generally are =\

Point it is, you would only have to go 10 years back for most people to snigger at the idea of meeting someone online

Well actually, my mum met my stepdad through newspaper classifieds about 15 years ago :P

No offence meant to your mum and step dad but if you'd asked people about meeting people through personal ads 15 years ago, people would snigger.

No offence meant to your mum and step dad but if you'd asked people about meeting people through personal ads 15 years ago, people would snigger.

Oh, I still snigger at them and let them know my thoughts on the subject :P Was more (Rather badly) alluding to the fact people have been hooking up for ages before they started doing it on the net (And been sniggered at the whole time :P )

I can't really bitch though - Single over 10 years and I fail on RSVP :P

Oh, I still snigger at them and let them know my thoughts on the subject :P Was more (Rather badly) alluding to the fact people have been hooking up for ages before they started doing it on the net (And been sniggered at the whole time :P )

I can't really bitch though - Single over 10 years and I fail on RSVP :P

wow 10 years? are you keen for a relationship?

It sounds like you need to mix things up a bit to break the drought. Do ya work out or go to the gym?

Or he knows you're that dude. You're that dude aren't you. It wasn't a joke, you're that dude, and he knows you're that dude.

Fuckin' illuminati.

Is not making sense a contagious disease now ? Have you caught it too ?? Oh deary me ...

look "eveln", i think if you get back in your VW, go home and have a nice cold shower, it will all start to make sense.

;P