Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
warmachine

how does a war on iran work

Just was wondering. All this talk about war with iran.

If it did happen:

How do they do it?

How long do you think it will take?

and then consequences?

to me the consequences would have to be other countrys getting involved, apart from jews and yanks.

russia? would they... would china?

Is it one of those things that will be so horrible we should not dare imagine the outcome.

Also what is more likely a war with them caused by the yanks or for the north koreans to attack south korea.

https://twitter.com/ForeignOfficial/status/...059230576275456

Iran:"They want the bomb, they will get the bomb, they will use the bomb." Former spy tells #foreigncorrespondent returning Oct 23.

I have an idea: America doesn't want it all its nukes anymore - a significant portion of their military budget goes to maintaining those old mushroom factories.

Give every country in the middle east a few of them, and stand well back whilst the entire region evaporates. If there are any survivors, perhaps they'll be more likely to compromise with each other. As a bonus, since an awful lot of oil is then radioactive, the rest of the world has a really good excuse to stop being fucking babies and get off the fossil fuel teat. :P

(This missive brought to you in the spirit of high value plutonium coinage.)

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Iran:"They want the bomb, they will get the bomb, they will use the bomb." Former spy tells #foreigncorrespondent returning Oct 23.

I have an idea: America doesn't want it all its nukes anymore - a significant portion of their military budget goes to maintaining those old mushroom factories.

Give every country in the middle east a few of them, and stand well back whilst the entire region evaporates. If there are any survivors, perhaps they'll be more likely to compromise with each other. As a bonus, since an awful lot of oil is then radioactive, the rest of the world has a really good excuse to stop being fucking babies and get off the fossil fuel teat. :P

It's as good a plan as I've heard...

If their is a War with Iran i strongly believe that Israel will start it. With Israel being in US pocket for Arms and fighter aircraft i see US coming to their Aid. Just heard Israel launched a attack on a Arms Factory in Khartoum in Sudan. This has angered many politicians in Sudan just when they are starting to stabilise the region.

Israel is not admitting to Khartoum, although they may have been guilty, a lot of arms from there go to Gaza.

Sudan has rather a lot of potential enemies however, just few with an air force able to undertake such a raid. It doesn't quite add up though, a long haul for Israel over hostile air and only four aircraft reported, Israeli incursions are usually a larger force.

Israel is not going to start any wars with Iran, it might pre-empt a strike on nuclear facilities as it has in the past, if it could, it doesn't have weaponry to hit deep bunkers and again a long haul against a more effective ground and air force.

The US has quite enough problems globally at the moment without adding more, at the most they will continue to enforce sanctions and in extremis could blockade the Straits but even that is a stretch, illegal under international law but with cooperation they could justify the move.

Iran makes a lot of threats at Israel but it only really has an advanced Scud option, which Israel could well defeat with its ABM capability, funnily enough such an attack would make few if any friends in the larger Arab world, Israel has shown too many times it can look after itself.

The most promising intervention of late has been from Quatar who are emerging as a peace-broker.

All very tense in the region, but it has been for a long time.

Cheers

Its seems the Middle east is getting ready to burn. With Syria problems now Palestinian army on the Syrian Borders and then we have Israel taking snipes. Just wonder what Turkey and Egypt are up too, remembering Turkey was defending its borders earlier. If Iran ever came into Syria or even helped them it could be a very dangerous place to be in the Middle East.

Its seems the Middle east is getting ready to burn. With Syria problems now Palestinian army on the Syrian Borders and then we have Israel taking snipes. Just wonder what Turkey and Egypt are up too, remembering Turkey was defending its borders earlier. If Iran ever came into Syria or even helped them it could be a very dangerous place to be in the Middle East.

Seriously, the Middle East has always been a dangerous place to be. It's the birthplace of several very powerful civilisations, and they all conquered each other's lands or were built upon the ashes of previous ones. The word 'balkanisation' applies every bit as much to that region as to the Balkans*. The orange vs green conflicts in Ireland were easy to solve by these standards. (*Btw, that region is not settled yet either - it's just at a temporary equilibrium until people have forgotten how horrific things can get.)

As long as there are people living in the area, there will be strife there. The facetious 'solution' I posted above would not solve anything - it might buy the rest of the world some time whilst the survivors rebuilt their strength an numbers. The only real solution would be if humanity developed the technology to populate the stars and everyone left Earth because Sol was about to go nova.

Hmm,

There is no doubt Turkey is pissed off with Syria, so is Lebanon, but Turkey as a long-term member of NATO has to be taken more seriously.

Iran is much less likely, the governmental ties go back further and Iran at large is conflicted over which side to take in the uprising. That alone will make Iran very reluctant to get involved in a civil war - their grasp on their own population is less than it seems. They are most likely quite fearful enough that the Arab Spring could blow into Persia.

The problem in Syria is not who will triumph, the government cannot hold out forever, but just what the international stance of the rebels is, if there is just one, they are less than organised but after a life-time under the rule of a dictator the people have had enough. It could be argued that were it not for support from Russia, who seem to be suffering from dreams of the past the government would already have fallen.

Israel really doesn't need to do anything at the moment except be alert, their enemies are fighting each other, as they have always done historically, not attacking Israel. That could change, it depends upon the victors stance but that can only be responded to when the air clears. One thing is certain, the threat nations are weakening themselves.

Cheers

My father told me once if they built a huge wall around the Middle East all the problems would probably disappear in the world.

But it does have some logic all the wars in the Middle East are based on religion or its values.

My father told me once if they built a huge wall around the Middle East all the problems would probably disappear in the world.

But it does have some logic all the wars in the Middle East are based on religion or its values.

they need 1 of those big domes like in the simpsons movie

:)

Global problems are not restricted to the ME, but it might be a start :)

cheers

None of the wars in the middle east are being fought over religion. They fight over land, resources and inequalities like everyone else does. Religion is just the whipping boy.

-X

None of the wars in the middle east are being fought over religion.

[stupid image when 'what?' would suffice]

Muslims hate Jews, that much is true but that's not nearly as big an issue as the noise would suggest. Most of it stems from "You took our land!" - for infinite values of 'our'.

None of the wars in the middle east are being fought over religion. They fight over land, resources and inequalities like everyone else does. Religion is just the whipping boy.

-X

This.

It is basically tribal and probably always will be.

It's as good a plan as I've heard...

i tend to agree too...

edit: all it takes is one

reminds me of something along the lines of 'weapons of mass destruction have one purpose and one purpose only ...' then it goes on about actually having to use it and something about 'getting people to the table'

Edited by corky