Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Josho

Natural Selection 2

Hello Gents and the rest of you,

NS2 has launched and it rekindled a love i forgot i had. This game mixes FPS with strad-ga-dee and team work.

Had a few games last night which were ok and got me back into the groove of how it all worked and what changes had been made between NS1 and then the beta.

Then third game ended up being a huge arm wrestle match between the two sides.

Each side fought over the middle of the map taking resources points and key Hive / commander locations then loosing them and regaining them time and again.

Watching a charge of massive 4 onos plunge into 5 heavy mechs with support on both sides diving into the fray put a massive smile on my face and confirmed they had managed to bring the best bets from the first game through to the 2nd and refine them!

For any interested I suggest diving in and having a go.

Be warned at first might be a bit disorentating with what you need to do what certain things are and how it all works but you'll pick it up fairly quick.

Last bit of advise - Dont go out alone!! you'll just be a nice snack for the other team. Stick with your buddies! if you alien hide above door ways and in dark areas and wait for them to pass!

If your a marine stay at least 5 or so meters away from other marines! it'll give you time to shoot the thing trying to gnaw your buddies face off..

anyways unstructured ramble done!

link to game:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920/

Had a run of this last night... wanted to get on marines so I had something familiar to go with but the team was full so I gave the aliens a go.

Confusing!

Game has a pretty steep learning curve from what I can gather.

I will give it more time.

Had a run of this last night... wanted to get on marines so I had something familiar to go with but the team was full so I gave the aliens a go.

Confusing!

Game has a pretty steep learning curve from what I can gather.

I will give it more time.

Yeah it'll prob take a little bit then it will all kind of "click"

the one thing i noticed they changed is now aliens also have a "commander" which confuses me a bit but i'll get there.

Fuck, I really want to try this. I got into the original NS kind of late, but still enjoyed it heaps. Maybe itll be the FPS that gets me back into online gaming.

im biased and say yeah give it a shot asap.

But that cause i loved the first one and with the servers full and everyone rocking and rolling im enjoying myself alot at the moment.

Loved original NS.. it was always a favourite at LANs my friends used to run. Will try and give this a shot over the weekend. :)

Thanks for the heads up.

Just bought it and downloadng now, looking forward to playing, NS was such a unique game, loved it, for the brief period i played it.

I had great times playing NS.. one of the most engrossing and enjoyable gaming experiences...

I wish I'd played more of it.. but it was during the golden age of online PC shooters.. and Desert Combat, EoD and DoD were just too much for me!!!

I might grab it.. but I really dont think Ill have the time to play it.

Ok i spent the weekend on and off the game in between RL actviites and can say im happy with what they've served up.

Theres a few little tweaks and bits and pieces i'd like added like ability to hop out of a mech once your in and say stuff like being able to assign players as group 1 or group 2 as Comm so you can manage your players better would be nice.

But over all i like it.

Havent jumped in as a comm on the aliens side yet but i've played against some sneaky ones recently and the strats their starting to use look interesting.