noskcaj

Faster internet for free

you could at least post what it's all about, otherwise it just looks like spam.

you could at least post what it's all about, otherwise it just looks like spam.

OVERVIEW

namehelp improves web performance by obtaining more accurate redirections to nearby content delivery network servers.

Basically, namehelp improves your web performance when either you or your ISP uses a remote DNS service.

Join our 4609 users and install namehelp today!

... Looks a budget website, and if you wanted better DNS why not OpenDNS

... Looks a budget website, and if you wanted better DNS why not OpenDNS

I haven't tried them in a while, but OpenDNS wasn't very good at figuring out CDNs. That might have changed though.

sorry for the bad post, the small amount of users is because iits very new(i only just heard about it on lifehacker) and once you guys are done bagging it out its quite useful.

Sounds dodgy. I remember that shit from back in dial up days.

My internet is fast enough anyway.

Would be interesting to see if it did have a noticeable improvement in speed, perhaps before installing it would've been better to do some speed tests of websites and re-do them once the program was up and running.

Benching might be a bit tricky though, most of the online tools are for throughput and latency for a single destination, not for multiple hops around the world. Hmm.

Personally I think that increasing the http pipelines has much more of an effect on speed, been doing that for years now. Made easier by the FasterFox addon, no more about:config stuffing around :)

Like this?

speedtest.net, best server found based on ping

Before Namehelp

test 1: 45ms, 9.77 down, 0.80 up

test 2: 45ms, 9.71 down, 0.80 up

test 3: 45ms, 9.71 down, 0.80 up

After Namehelp

test 1: 45ms, 9.74 down, 0.80 up

test 2: 45ms, 9.71 down, 0.80 up

test 3: 45ms, 9.71 down, 0.79 up

Yeah, didn't think speedtest would really show it.

But Squallstrife has me intrigued with these sexy singles... all I gotta do is install those bars, right?

Yeah, didn't think speedtest would really show it.

But Squallstrife has me intrigued with these sexy singles... all I gotta do is install those bars, right?

And have to share the free lobster dinner?

doesn't matter even if you have NBN, Australia is still on the end of a long and finite pipe to the rest of the world.

:)

With most content servers half a world away from Australia there is always going to be a finite limit but locating the closest content server relevant to a connection can help a bit.

Some time ago I was leading a project, with another Atomican doing code actually, that used intelligent compression, lossless and lossy, with best algorithm fit to speed things up by moving less. That works rather well but sometimes at the expense of image quality so a lot of work had gone into the perception and what in an image matters.

What could still make it sluggish though was poor routing which we saw in some trials in Asia, more intelligent server and route selection could have helped there.

By the end of the project we were pretty happy with the outcomes but not with the business management so it is still not widely available - bit of a shame.

Cheers

hugely speed up your internet

That's something I've been promised a lot over the years...

Posted Image

Hey, I used to have Bonzi Buddy (if that's the purple gorillas name) years ago. Completely pointless, but it kept my then primary school age kids amused. Now they are adults and need other things to keep them amused.

hugely speed up your internet

That's something I've been promised a lot over the years...

Posted Image

Hey, I used to have Bonzi Buddy (if that's the purple gorillas name) years ago. Completely pointless, but it kept my then primary school age kids amused. Now they are adults and need other things to keep them amused.

Bonzi Buddy used to do TTS, was heaps of fun.

Yep you install all those bars and invite a girl around, she sees it and suddenly you're single :P

The ideas provided here will provide you with the advantage of the knowledge of your own peers who may have been with the most detrimental and created a web-based variety that did the trick in the end.

Well I'm convinced.

If you're not surfing with Hotbar, Bonzi Buddy, Gator eWallet and Comet Cursors you're not experiencing the internet.

I'm going to go make a VM and install all the bad adware from the past for nostalgia.