drago13666

Hobbies?

Archery doesn't need to be expensive. I shoot traditional barebow, my handmade bamboo arrows cost about $5 each, and bow was about $300. (100lb Manchurian recurve horsebow). No need for counterweights, sights, stabilisers, etc...

My arrows are worth about 30 bucks each :P

Spent bullets are usually non-retrievable though :)

:)

Bullets if you mold your own from linotype are pretty much free but shooting never was a cheap hobby, much more expensive now, and lots of regulation hassles.

I cook, read, and seemingly fight with idiotic government departments.

Cheers

Archery doesn't need to be expensive. I shoot traditional barebow, my handmade bamboo arrows cost about $5 each, and bow was about $300. (100lb Manchurian recurve horsebow). No need for counterweights, sights, stabilisers, etc...

I make mine with oak dowel, felt a bit better to shoot for me over hand-made bamboo arrows.... that's with a 60lb recurve though.

Only downside to the dowel i've found is you need to go through a metric fuckton of it to find rods that are suitable.

Also if anyone is looking for some solid broadheads have a look at here: http://www.archeryshop.com.au/p/306078/rib...broadheads.html they seem to be pretty damn sturdy.

Hobbies...

Making beer

Hunting / fishing

Gardening

Making stuff (Wood work, Metal work, leather work... etc)

Playin' 'Puter games

Hiking / camping (when i can)

Would love to buy this CZ-USA American as i now live pretty close to the local range, but i can't be arsed sorting out a proper safe setup.

That sounds like fun, but it's a pretty difficult hobby to get into (in terms of regulation), so you need to be keen to be bothered.

Out of interest Corky, can you hunt with a bow on the same licence? Or is that completely separate to firearms?

don't have my little restriction booklet on me (at work at the moment) and i have a vic licence. But if you can tell when the guys are saying above - guns are cheaper to use :P

raising indoor plants

Hydroponic setups can be expensive to get up and running. However the ROI is amazing.

ROI on my last hydro setup was very good indeed.

Built it all out of shit I got from Bunnings on the cheap, most expensive was nutes and lights, which i got off a mate.

I've tried RTW and DWC but sold all my gear about a year ago.

As for me, I like reading, watching tv shows (not commercial tv, just downloaded content), tinkering with things, my car or my pc, cooking too can be rewarding.

There is also gaming, fills in most of my other time.

My arrows are worth about 30 bucks each :P

Spent bullets are usually non-retrievable though :)

You can reload your spent casings, which brings the cost of ammo down significantly. Edited by p0is0n

If you are rampaging through the streets shooting cunts, do you really want to backtrack and pick up your shells?

my bulets cost about $0.90 to $1.20 each i always collect my casings and i know two guys who have the equipment to refill them. bulk buy the projectile and powder and ill be set

If you are rampaging through the streets shooting cunts, do you really want to backtrack and pick up your shells?

If games are anything to go by i won't need to, apparently you can just pick up full mags behind every garbage can in a dark alleyway.

:)

Policing up brass saves a lot, also apparently makes for more accurate reloads, the case having been better conformed to the chamber.

I really should make myself take up gardening as a hobby, mine is a jungle at the moment.

Cheers

I always do man, might be fingerprints from packin' clips.

@Chrisg,

Should take up brewing while you're at it.

Spent barley makes excellent mulch / top cover for your garden bed, just ask my neighbours. I throw a couple of kilos over their fence every weekend.

Photography (and now videography)

Amateur Radio & Balloon Chasing

Coffee

Carpentry & some metal work

Enjoying Books, Music & Movies

Need to get back into Archery, and also looking at taking up Driving as a hobby - time to get a fun car for weekends.

Well, what about cheese making then? I know one guy in my home brew club who makes his own cheese at home, it's delicious!

If you've got space to age, you can make blocks of cheese that would normally cost hundreds of dollars or more, for a $20.

I was going to start making my own cheese, but I don't have any extra room in my unit to store and age cheese on top of any beer I've got aging/fermenting.

I'm back collecting bottles as we speak.

This is what my shed used to look like back in the day....I'm hoping to reach production levels like this once my man cave is finished being built.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hmm, cheese, now that is a good idea, damned expensive here.

Big collection there Twinny if you were closer some of my family would probably have bottles for you, my dad and one of my brothers in law were both brewers, now sadly deceased so the bottle piles are building up quicker than one of my brothers, the remaining brewer, can fill them :)

Cheers

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Here's something I've been playing around with as a bit of a hobby. It makes me a bit of money on the side, and saves me a bit of money as well:

Posted Image

Here's something I've been playing around with as a bit of a hobby. It makes me a bit of money on the side, and saves me a bit of money as well:

/calls police

Not because of the drugs - if people want to fuck themselves up, let 'em. Nah, that looks like a domestic room, so I'm dropping a dime on the toxic pollution and explosion hazard.

;P

I'm back collecting bottles as we speak.

This is what my shed used to look like back in the day....I'm hoping to reach production levels like this once my man cave is finished being built.

Posted Image

Damn... i just got back into operation.

Looks like ill have to pick my game up :).

Posted Image

That has to be the cleanest meth lab ever.

I do shiftwork and have 4 or so days mid week off work so i had to find hobbys other then playin computer and watching tv

so far i got

lifting

surfing (im really shit at it, i mainly do it for exercise, any fun doing it is just a bonus)

shooting (guns and bows, took the compound bow out 2 days ago to shred up my forearm a bit, im not really into shooting animals tho)

drugs

You making Creaming Soda? I spend way too much money on that too...