US election

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Mitt the Mormon
    • B. HUSSEIN Obama
    • Ross Perot
    • DEMOCRACY!!1!!
  2. 2. If I could vote I would vote for..

• Mitt
    • Barack
    • Comedy third party

I'd be surprised is B. Obama doesn't win the polls on our forums, but in the USA, it's a different matter entirely. M. Romney is a more... "devout" Christian, and some people will vote for that over good policy, or even a consistent one.

Turd sandwich will get back in by a narrow margin over giant douche.

I saw some coverage this morning with people lined up around the block in Florida waiting up to 3 hours to vote.

What a joke. How can they complain about poor turnout when they don't even provide adequate facilities for people to cast their vote.

Unco_I am not to sure about that. Mitt is a Mormon. Plenty of "Christians" (and whether the LDS church is a Christian one is disputed by some) do not trust Momonism and there is only one state where they are the majority. In all there are only 6 million of them in the US. It is still a fringe religion in a lot of ways.

He is devout but is it the right sort of devout?

Edited by Hlass

He is devout but is it the right sort of devout?

Does that really matter? to a lot of American's, it really doesn't, most American Christians believe that their country was founded on Christianity, and will vote to secure religious' seat in government.

Hey half of the evangelicals still think Catholics worship the devil (and there has only been one Catholic President despite them being 25% of the population), let alone a bunch of magic panty wearers from the wilds of Utah. And, as I said, stick "are Mormons Christians?" into Google and see that some say "No they are not".

However he does have Glenn Beck on side....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/04/us/polit...ed=all&_r=0

Edited by Hlass

Maybe not, but he does represent some views that are universal amongst those religions, and are a lot more "respectable?" than one who does not represent those ideals.

Maybe not, but he does represent some views that are universal amongst those religions, and are a lot more "respectable?" than one who does not represent those ideals.

Those ideals are based on new 'Scripture' that isn't really Christian at all, and they also seem to be one of the religions that closely follows the Old Testament which in my experience isn't really Christian at all.

I would like to see Barrack Obama win but sadly I don't think he will and Mitt Romney will be up there in his Barrack Obama's place...

i cant believe its so close, Mitt is such a dodgy fuck. Changes his stance on pretty much everything and wants a war to fix the economy.

I heard on the radio that people are reporting problems with the voting machines, saying they are selecting Obama and its selecting Mitt

It will be a massive mistake for the Americans to vote out the best POTUS they have had in a long time

The amazing thing is, every Christians ideals are different, doesn't matter which testament they get them from, they all originated from the same thing.

If a lot of the stances he is taking are not related to Christianity, then tell me, how do they differ?

Machine rigging seems to be involved - apparently several people on FB have reported the experience, but only those trying to vote Obama, funny about that...

The Democrats are not fools, they'll figure that out, just how they react is not certain.

It's still very, very close, as was predicted, so just a few votes could make a difference.

Cheers

Guest xyzzy frobozz

More people vote on American Idol than they do in elections.

You get the government you deserve.

Machine rigging seems to be involved - apparently several people on FB have reported the experience, but only those trying to vote Obama, funny about that...

The Democrats are not fools, they'll figure that out, just how they react is not certain.

It's still very, very close, as was predicted, so just a few votes could make a difference.

Cheers

Its appalling isn’t it, apparently the same notoriously dodgy voting machines had the same "problems" when george bush was elected. I also read some where that Mitt has investments in the company that run these machines.

There needs to be a very stern response to this, the Americans joked about how dodgy the machines where from previous elections and yet when election day comes the same dodgy machines malfunction. Its such a blatant case of vote rigging and I really hope someone gets fucked up for it.

Well its close but it looks like Obama is going to make it, Mitt needed to win all 3 of the big swing states and atm he has only a chance of winning in one of them.

Paul Ryan lost his home seat. God that makes me happy. Back to your rat hole, ratboy, where they all hate you, too.

I should have added more choices to the poll...

Posted Image

I am even more of a pinko tree hugger than last time I took the quiz. With my support Jill should romp home to the White House!

It's in the bag. Suck it down Fox bitches and the dog-Limbaugh. EAT IT! The blue smart and civilised people win again.

It's in the bag. Suck it down Fox bitches and the dog-Limbaugh. EAT IT! The blue smart and civilised people win again.

Yep, it's over. Baring another stolen election, Obama has this in the bag.

Where are you guys keeping up with this?

Was flipping between CNN and Fox News on telly - now locked on Fox News. So many sad faces there! It's fantastic. Can't wait to hear Hannity's excuses.

And for more balance, online, enjoying Daily Kos for fun and wins, and hotair for the deep dark redneck moping misery, also fantastic.

e: live comments on Fox News site also v funny (click live chat)- http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/...lection-results

Edited by Flouncy