Star Citizen / Squadrdon 42 - a real PC game

Video review of the current state of the game:

• Like 1

Montoya addressing concerns of naysayers. Probably the calmest I have ever heard anyone do this job - not a single exasperated sigh.

Posted (edited)

If you watch this one, watch this one full-screen at max rez.

FTR: The thing still is not complete, which is very much not the impression that clip gives, but it does exactly what advertising is supposed to do: make you want it.

Edited by Cybes

Just getting in before the poison has a chance to take effect: Glass Door review was a fake (strong suspicion on Derek Smart - again)

BTW: For anyone not following it but kinda interested, Alpha 3.2 is now live. New ships and weapons, as always, plus mining is now in (and fun!), scanning is sketched in, party size has been increased to 64 (? I think - but definitely at least 50, because I've seen the group shot), linked jumps (you and your mates' ships can jump as one unit) and orbital jumps (ie: around the planet) are in. Starting to see newbies posting in the subreddit about there being an actual *game* now - despite bugs and obvious potholes.

Link no work for me :(

Yeah, sorry about that. Got a cold/flu thing, and between posting from bed, and doing that on my 'phone, I munged it up. Try this one:

• Like 1

Link no work for me :(

Yeah, sorry about that. Got a cold/flu thing, and between posting from bed, and doing that on my 'phone, I munged it up. Try this one:

Worth the retry- thanks!

I've realised over the years that I'm pretty shit at most games...but I Do like watching them being played. This one especially looks a visual feast

I've realised over the years that I'm pretty shit at most games...but I Do like watching them being played. This one especially looks a visual feast

You and me both, man. I don't even bother trying with a lot of them these days (some I think I might have a chance) - play on easy for a relax and just blow shit up. I've not had a great deal of time in this one yet, but the times I have got it going in the last few months, it's just getting better and better.

Admittedly, there *are* bugs atm. Big hairy ones that will eat your game. Also weirdnesses like a ship doing a dozen 360s in a second and then shooting straight up for a few hundred feet. It is improving, though.

I'm hoping that if I wait sufficient time for the bugs to be sorted then I might also have won lotto on the way so I can buy the rig to do the game justice! lol

Sweet little fan clip of something that happened recently:

I assume the janky player animations in the beginning are due to networking - the Olisar rings are spinning at about the right rate.

Free-fly weekend for anyone wanting to see things for themselves without having to buy in.