cobba87

Rest in Peace Spamz0r - 6/5/1987 - 29/10/2012

I'm glad he felt good here, as much as possible. It worked both ways. Spamz0r was a key ingredient here when it was really cooking. Everyone in the early days knew him and his energy and funnies - and all the rest, he was a huge part of it all. He rode the wave of energy here too, especially well. He wasn't one to 'try and contribute', he was just a natural relishing the buzz of great people here, which is what the fuck it's all about.

And he wasn't a spammer.

Hope you're holding up alright Coza, you sound pretty together which is great.

Best of wishes to his family. They must have been on some kind of journey with him over the years. I hope this is a moving forward time for them.

Thanks to the Spamz0r.

Never had much to do with him, but sounds like he was a great guy. So many young deaths recently, very sad indeed.

RIP

Thanks to spamz0r, indeed - well said, Flouncy.

Like many here, I remember spamz0r for the early days of Atomic - he was a vibrant and energetic character, a person who didn't simply "find a place" here or "fit in" here, but a person who was so very Atomic that I can't even separate the early forums from his presence - this place couldn't have been what it was without him. I remember meeting him at some early BrisAtomic meets.

RIP, spamz0r.

Sad to hear this.

All I can say is:

If you are having troubles, people will want to listen. If you are feeling really blue and lost as to who to talk to, Lifeline is ALWAYS there - 13 11 14

AD

I didn't know him, before my time.

Sorry he's gone.

/thanks for posting that thread Sponger.

Wow, that's really sad.

I remember him quite well. Back in the 'early days' he was quite active.

I guess we had a bit of a rivalry as we had both written fairly extensive overclocking guides and posted them to the forum around the same time :)

I hope wherever he is now he has found the peace he couldn't find in life.

I have BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) just like Spamz0r. It's an incredibly shit thing to try and live with. We have a 10% mortality rate (some estimate higher) which is an incredibly high amount. It permeates all aspects of your life. It colours your perception, impacts upon your ability to form/conduct/hold relationships, maintain a steady job, makes your moods and emotions unstable and often disproportinate to the stimuli they are in response to and more times than not results in self harm. I myself have a failed suicide attempt under my belt and I'm thankful that it's one thing I failed at.

If any of you would like to understand BPD check this link out -> http://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com.au/

RIP Spamz0r, I hope he found the peace that eluded him in life.

Unfortunate story; I came across Spamz0r at a couple of the Brisbane Atomic meets also.

What better way to remember a man than by that which is most important - acorns. RIP.

Posted Image

Rating NSFW1, not suitable for commemerative slideshows.

This photo is from Elvenwhore's photobucket account. Quite obviously any gross offense attributed to this post is entirely her responsibility. (sorry... not really)

He was a pretty sick cunt aye. I saw him a few times this year at the Mental health wing at a local hospital was a bit heavy. Stayed over my house a year or two back when starcraft II came out and he was soo adament about playing SC2 that I had to tell my at the time girlfriend we couldn't sleep in my room cause my mate was fighting zerg! He was a really warm dude to me when I first came to Brisbane and had some fun parties and I enjoyed doing some modding with him and Nanolimit back in the early days and blowing up old motherboards and stuff with fire. He gave me a fuckload of various computer gear that he no longer needed or wanted. Always was down to help out a homie really and was always warm outside despite being consumed by inner torment in many ways.

Got to know his mum and brother a bit and his brother hit me up over Facebook with the news. Pretty heavy. I'll probably see you Monday Coza, he talked about you a bit bro.

He went through some heavy shit over the years that most people will never undertand and hopefully never have to go through. He also shared on the odd occasional my love for random Southern Hip-Hop and would recite some really funny southern rap lyrics in various computer and life contexts that cracked me up. Gave warm hugs and had a warm heart.

I dunno really how to speak on someone. He was a mate and someone I felt really needed love but never found it for himself within himself.

I was pretty rocked when I heard the news. I was a bit rocked when I saw him in the mental health wing but, like old days he was looking for little exploits and ways in and around the system that were hilarious. A good cunt to the end with a really warm smile when ya saw it.

I'll miss ya bro.

:( - he and i used to have IRL chats about coding. I remember sitting with him nearly 10 years ago going over some vb6 code he wrote. - obviously as well as many forum convos.

My condolences to the loved ones hes left behind and i hope he is in a better place...

Was a great contributor to these Forums.

So sorry to hear he felt this way, I really admire that he made efforts for the last five years to be open about his issues and try to turn his life around.

Just remember everyone you're not alone. I'll see you soon Rat.

Sad news, will miss him on the forums, index680i and Neon_87 and and other late Atomicans

Edited by Morgoth