hawkeye

What of Atomic?

http://archive.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp...;c=3&t=2880

What we really need to start doing is just printing articles with "fill-in-the-blanks" style writing.

Heading: _____

Article: ____ Has just released a brand spanking new _____ that has _____ and is ______ _______ _____ than the competition. This _____ will be ______ on the ______ of _____.

Oh yeah, it could work.

Penis has just released a brand spanking new penis that has penis and is super boner penis than the competition. This penis will be penis on the penis of penis.

Works a treat.

Whats the chance me getting my post of the month prize from about a year ago. A few pms were sent but nothing turned up!

Ha - you and I sir would be in the same club on that one

Whats the chance me getting my post of the month prize from about a year ago. A few pms were sent but nothing turned up!

Suckers, I got my mouse.

I guess we just know who the favourites are... or in this case, the red-headed step children.

'

Suckers, I got my mouse.

I guess we just know who the favourites are... or in this case, the red-headed step children.

'

Apparently they have a soft spot for the red-heads. I got mine too. Still using it in fact! :)

Apparently they have a soft spot for the red-heads.

I'm a fan.

Oh, unless they're ugly. Then I'm not a fan.

'

Going through my pic collection. Found this.

Life's simple pleasures.

A couple of hours to spare. A bowl of good Gnocchi. A nice Cabernet. And the latest issue of Atomic.

Pure bliss.

Posted Image

Life's simple pleasures.

A couple of hours to spare. A bowl of good Gnocchi. A nice Cabernet. And the latest issue of Atomic.

Pure bliss.

Posted Image

I bought my first issue of atomic in a year or so today, it was my day off, my doctor fixed my bung ear,I wanted to then listen to music all day, so I grabbed atomic at the newsagent on account of the mag dying news,

I spend a good hour or so reading it with some music on, remembered why I used to buy it every month, still a great mag.

:/

Edited by Morgoth

I bought my first issue of atomic in a year or so today, it was my day off, my doctor fixed my bung ear,I wanted to then listen to music all day, so I grabbed atomic at the newsagent on account of the mag dying news,

I spend a good hour or so reading it with some music on, remembered why I used to buy it every month, still a great mag.

:/

I'm one of those people who think Atomics heyday was in its first couple of years. But I never ever felt ripped off with the mag.

Solid reviews of hardware and games. Great esoteric articles on shit like AI. Or challenging pieces like homophobia in gaming.

If my mag had a one page piece by Ashton Mills, then it was well worth the the 9 bucks I paid for sitting on the train/pub bar/dunny information/entertainment.

I'm an old schooler, and would prefer to have paper in my hands when it comes to books and mags. Don't care if 6 or 8 weeks out of date.

Does it matter if the carpet matches the drapes Foods?

Or any port in a storm?

AD

If its a pretty port. No point staying in a shit-hole when you have the means for something nice.

'

Life's simple pleasures.

Pure bliss.

/img

mmm, i have stumbled onto a great cab merlot recently. unfortunatly it's still "on licence only" at the moment. :(

Fortunatly I have a friend who works at the local cellars :D

gnocchi sounds a great idea too :) good thing i have great supplys localy :D this last issue will be scrumptious! :D

It is an unfortunate series of events but like most things, it has to come to an end. Even though it isn't really coming to a complete end, who knows what this may spell but it shall be good to float around the place once more. It's been a while.

After much consideration, I think I'll sub to the iPad version when the first issue of the amalgamated mag comes out.

I just grabbed PC&TA on my flight the other day to Sydney. The last two issues I bought were interesting and with Atomic content I think it would be a super magazine.

I hope Haymarket market this right. I think you will have a killer magazine on your hands.

If my mag had a one page piece by Ashton Mills, then it was well worth the the 9 bucks I paid for sitting on the train/pub bar/dunny information/entertainment.

Well, we're aiming to have two pages from him in PC&TA from January :)

Well, we're aiming to have two pages from him in PC&TA from January :)

Count me in.

Whoa! Looks like I'm in the same boat. Feeling all curious I surfed through the various POTM threads and discovered I won it in April last year! I'm not surprised I missed it, when it was announced in May I was in the middle of an especially busy, busy, busy period of my life when I was juggling a lot of work-related stuff, and luxuries such as posting on Atomic had to take a back seat.

Still, I'm really chuffed about it. Also, my apologies to all the people who congratulated me and I didn't reply. Consider this a (very) belated 'thanks' for your kind comments, I was in the presence of luminaries who were just as deserving as myself.

mini twinnie will never be as happy as she used to be, after hearing this news...

That her beer in the back ground?

No wonder she looks so happy :)

mini twinnie will never be as happy as she used to be, after hearing this news...

Is that a LianLi PC-60/62 complete with atomic stickers? I'd be happy too :P

Edited by p0is0n

Is that a LianLi PC-60/62 complete with atomic stickers? I'd be happy too :P

How can she smile sitting next to that rats nest of cables?

I bought Atomic yesterday, first time in a while. Gave me something to read on my lunchbreak and ideas for future builds based on reviews and ads and stuff. I presume the one I bought is not the last one because it had no mention of it being the last one.

:(

This is news of the most unfortunate kind, I must say. Atomic was the mag that got me into the enthusiast aspects of computer hardware. Having grown up on a steady diet of self-contained boxes -Amigas, then a Gateway etc-, when I bought my first issue of Atomic, it was a kind of revelation (and I mean that). If I recall, it was the third or fourth edition that I first bought, and I was blown away by the types of hardware (individial parts, such as gfx cards etc) one could buy. I used to have a Gateway desktop at that time, but it was all over when I picked up that edition, and since then, have been through countless upgrades (bastards, you've made my wallet leak ten times worse than a sieve! :P). To this day, I've relied on atomic's kitlog when making new purchases - two weeks ago, in fact (at the very least, for general pointers). I've bought a hefty number of PCA issues, but I hope that with the merger, the focus on the desktop that Atomic has had, that it isn't swallowed up by the more tech/devices/gadgets focus of PCA.

Perhaps, if the site is to remain intact, it could become a sort Aussie Anandtech focussing on the more traditional hardware aspects of the hardware we love? It would be a shame were the front page to be lost, it could show much potential.