hawkeye

What of Atomic?

Man, deadlines with pizza and a batty designer, three of us bitching about typos and layouts and hoping someone from production would come visit so we could use them as an excuse to stop working for a few minutes. Fun times.

You guys had pizza? I never got pizza... and I came and visited you all the time :(
We usually got it when it rained, and before we moved buildings. You probably ate your own lunch and only wandered around after you finished - after the pizza was nommed :P

Oh wow. I still remember when Atomic started .. was it 12 years ago? That seems to have gone fast.

I got issue #1 and the t-shirt and all that. We were clocking our Celly 300A's to the max and loading up on literally hundreds of megs of RAM so Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament would go faster. Those were the good old days :)

I will admit, I did have to burn a few favours to keep the forums going - be good if you guys made the most of it.

Posted Image

He's a private guy - I'm sure he'd rather it be a little down the page :)

Forum-wise, when I say nothing changes, I mean it in the best way. The URL stays, the FAQ stays, the Mods - if they want - stay. They may boom or bust, but that's something which has always been in the users' hands, not mine.

I will admit, I did have to burn a few favours to keep the forums going - be good if you guys made the most of it.

As i've said before.

... to the bitter end i will stay.

^ this.

Thinking maybe we should try and make meet 13 something special as well.

+1 make the meet big and awesome..and in Brisbane..:D

+1 make the meet big and awesome..and in Brisbane..:D

I don't think you're allowed to use 'awesome' and 'Brisbane' in the same sentence.

He's a private guy - I'm sure he'd rather it be a little down the page :)

Forum-wise, when I say nothing changes, I mean it in the best way. The URL stays, the FAQ stays, the Mods - if they want - stay. They may boom or bust, but that's something which has always been in the users' hands, not mine.

As i've said before.

... to the bitter end i will stay.

+1

Just let me know if you need any new mods, Dave. Happy to sort this place out for you while you go on that Kontiki tour with the girls.

Edited by twinair

I'll open mouth kiss you the next time we're in the same space.

Or give you the option to not be open mouth kissed. Either way its win / win for you.

'

Edited by Foods

No need to answer right now. Lets just see where the vibe is when it all comes together.

'

Sad to hear this, but it does seem to be a reflection of the larger challenges facing the print media landscape.

Good luck guys, I hope everything works out!!

Before the end of all this, any chance I could get a giant poster sized version of the cover of issue 6?

'

Atomic Magazine, you will be missed.

Although I don't really visit the forums very often, I have purchased all but maybe 2 or 3 of the early issues of the magazine. It's the only magazine I buy every month.

Thanks for providing a great service to the hardcore PC users of Australia. :D

I haven't subscribed for a while, but the mag has been a bit of a staple at the work lunch-table.

Sad Panda.

But I hope you can keep the awesome-sauce flowing in your new incarnation.

I still have the tshirt that came with issue 1. (AND THE STICKER! I found the sticker. UNUSED! It must be worth millions now)

AD

Oh and +1 Flouncy.

Thanks and praises to Dave for putting the effort in to saving the forum and thus the community attached.

We may not have a magazine, but we do have a community and a funny spirit (Even if some people bitch about it).

AD

Before the end of all this, any chance I could get a giant poster sized version of the cover of issue 6?

'

That was my first issue, I categorically deny buying it because of that cover

Oh and +1 Flouncy.

Thanks and praises to Dave for putting the effort in to saving the forum and thus the community attached.

We may not have a magazine, but we do have a community and a funny spirit (Even if some people bitch about it).

AD

They bitch about the funny spirit?

But +1.

The forums live. That's the main thing.

We'll be alright.

But yes. Heartbroken to see the magazine pass. It kicked ass. KICKED FUCKEN ASS. And that's the mighty triumph. Very fucken mighty, indeed.