hawkeye

What of Atomic?

It's been fun guys. Writing for Atomic was a dream of mine since I was a young chap, and I'm happy to say I enjoyed every minute of working with the entire Haymarket team.

I'll still be hanging around the forums, and who knows, PC&TA may need some enthusiast writers in the future for OC events or exciting hardware. If not, I'll still be hanging around the forums, and may upload personal reviews for any new hardware I adopt :)

Best of luck to John and David with the merger of the two magazines, you're both great blokes to work with. I hope our paths cross again in the future.

Stuff happens.

All the best UT, its good that you will be still around the forum.

Edited by Waltish

* raises mug of tea * To the future !

..." I don't want to get on the cart :( " ... " Don't be such a big baby get on the cart " ... " but I'm not dead yet ! " :P

Thanks for keeping the forums going David.

Vale Atomic.

I remember being excited about getting a magazine, which hadn't happened since I was a kid. I never thought it would end to be honest.

Goodbye.

Oh wow, I completely missed this. Very sad news indeed. I'm not sure what I should say here, but I do hope as many people as possible survive the merger, as it'd be a shame for us all to miss out on the great reviews, opinion columns, and other articles we've been reading every month. However, I'm extremely happy that the community here will live on; I've met a lot of great people in my short time here, and even some good mates too. It was a damn nice coincidence that an Atomic magazine was brought to me in hospital, and started the ball rolling...

..." I don't want to get on the cart :( " ... " Don't be such a big baby get on the cart " ... " but I'm not dead yet ! " :P

Well put haha

This is the first time I have logged in for awhile now. Seeing this makes me sad but at the same time it has been awhile since I subscribed or purchased a magazine so I am part of the reason this happened and I am sorry.

Well this is embarassing. I can't get into my old account, but fairly I haven't logged in for a long time. I never was the social glue like Ben and Dave, who are I think the best Editors Atomic could ever hope for.

I came in to say thankyou Ben for starting it all, and Dave for keeping it alive even now as it lives on in PCA.

And also to echo this, my friend:

:{

The rest I've already said to Dave (ok, I cried a little!)

/Salute

--- EDIT ---

Ok, uncanny:

Posted Image

Edited by ashton

Guest xyzzy frobozz

This thread has become something of a wake.

It's hard not to be depressed about it. It's depressing news!

:(

Usually I love change, but this one hurts.

So many good memories and fabulous people. While the green O is not dead...I will mourn just the same.

I think this is a great decision to merge the two magazines.

I used to be a PCA subscriber which is how I found Atomic from issue 1 (yes, subscribed to that off the back of the PCA subscription).

I recently grabbed couple of issues of PCA as I needed something for take off and landing on that last two interstate trips. It was a little short IMHO and having Atomic included would make it a much better magazine.

You may have just scored another subscriber if it works.

a massive thank you to David & Ben.

While change is inevitable, the mag and this place have done some wonderful things and been the start of some great times. That doesn't happen through luck, it takes people with vision and determination.

You should be proud of a job well done.

As well as being inevitable, change is also what you make of it, so lets kick the arse out of this one :)

Edited by Mac Dude

So the Mayan conspiracy nuts were right, the world DOES end in 2012!!

All I can really do is echo other sentiments in this thread. Atomic mag will be sorely missed. :(

Maybe this is the push I need to finally subscribe to Retro Gamer...

Finally, because I like GIFs and fuck the rules:

Posted Image

(I made it just now, forgive the crudeness of my unleet animation skills.)

Edited by SquallStrife

Haha, nice gif, didn't know it would work as a jpeg...

EDIT* Oh you monster, it even works in my avatar....

Edited by NukeJockey

now that is a challenge, managing the merger of IP.

I can't help but feel the IP I prefer is being subsumed.

Good luck David and I am happy to say I will be around for the ride. not just because of my subscription timetable but because this forum is the place I come 1st for my tech info and advice, and I also like to support your dual media approach (print and online) not just for content but for culture.

See you all in, The future.

Mordain does not like this news =(

Thanks for all the great memories you shining green beacon of geek

Mordain does not like this news =(

Thanks for all the great memories you shining green beacon of geek

And thank YOU for being part of its heart and soul. That goes for EVERYONE.

Atomic spirit never dies it just moves to a new body and grows in strength. Long Live ATOMIC Community we are not pussies nor munchins we make benchmarks and we build better PC's than any nerd from PC TA.

I like to think that PC&TA will be getting a right sexy Centrefold section...

So when is the farewell party at Atomic HQ?

I'm in North Sydney today so I'm happy to pop over for beers at lunch.

I'll bring some pretzels.

If there was ever proof that this forum is worth saving, it's that I can log on here for the first time in fucking YEARS, and recognise half the names in this thread.

Atomic never was just a magazine, and I'm sure the community will live on for some time yet.