Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Zzozzach

Your fondest Atomic memories

heheh. I remember flicking "The Dudes" braces when he wore them. People that didn't know us, looked at me like I was going to get the snot kicked out of me.

A big bikie looking dude having his braces flicked by a computer nerd. :P

AD

Well, the topic is fondest Atomic memories. It doesn't say fondest Magazine memories. It seems like a self-indulgent orgy of good vibes about anything Atomic to keep thoughts of the mag ending at bay.

So rub yourself in BBQ sauce, grab a memory or two, and enjoy...

Oh hey stranger. You smell like BBQ sauce, by the way.

Well, the topic is fondest Atomic memories. It doesn't say fondest Magazine memories. It seems like a self-indulgent orgy of good vibes about anything Atomic to keep thoughts of the mag ending at bay.

Oh Hai ^_^

That was yesterday. Today I smell like Aioli. I'm most popular on days I smell like Aioli.

oooh! I forgot being asked to leave the Criterion Hotel in Sydney when I was up for the Mod Meet.

Oh Hai ^_^

That was yesterday. Today I smell like Aioli. I'm most popular on days I smell like Aioli.

With beneficial anti-vampire properties!

Witchking helmets & pineapples.

Thems were the days.

Weren't we all so full of piss and vinegar back then! Now we just smell like piss and vinegar. *Shuffles off on his zimmer frame*.

Takoma set up a competition where anyone could enter, and he would send them a box full of marvels (epic SNES games, toilet signs, thumbtacks!). I entered without giving it much thought, and won! It was a really awesome thing of him to do, but I feel I let him down by not posting images of the unboxing and the various items in the thread. The package arrived just as my life was falling apart, with a trifecta of personal, uni and work commitments colliding at just the wrong time.

Sorry Takoma :(

I've thoroughly enjoyed being a part if promoting pushing systems to the limits with our benchmark and superpi threads over the years, funny how were bonded by watching our PCs BSOD and lock up over and over until getting a sweet score, seems pointless and important at the same time!

By one of my fondest memories is my Atomic Xtreme Magazine Reading Competition!

Unfortunately phr33x's hosting no longer contains those scary, scary images!

2005... I was like 17!

I'd gladly hold another one, with prizes and now the forum has a poll for voting!

Edited by Morgoth

Trying to figure out if beatshoes' name meant 'beat shoes' or 'beats hoes'.

Best memory...

When the Mag had a day at Australian Technology Park. Need for Speed I believe was the catalyst.

Red Bull and pizza was on hand.

It was my first gathering of the magazine. My first "real" introduction to games beyond a Commodore64...and the first time I met Ben Mansill.

That day, I drank 6 cans of Red Bull, crashed in every single NFS Race, got a free copy of the game, and developed an addiction to gaming and atomic.

The rest, as they say, is history!

:)~~

Hey, a Sticky! Gee, now I'm feeling really special.

I just remembered the one & only time I got to make it to an Atomic event. It was the launch of Microsoft's XNA for Xbox that was held in Brissie back in 2007 (I think). I met a bunch of cool people, and sat in awe as I watched Ben Mansill wolf down one oyster hors d'oeuvres after another. I seem to recall that was also the time some notorious green shooter drink was invented that became a staple at other Atomic events. I'd would've loved to have joined everyone who later retired to some place in The Valley but I had a two-hour drive back home, and since it was midnight already....

I also tried to make it to an impromptu BBQ meet last year but, again, the tyranny of distance conspired against me and I was too late. Who knows, there may be more chances in the future. :)

Hey, a Sticky! Gee, now I'm feeling really special.

I just remembered the one & only time I got to make it to an Atomic event. It was the launch of Microsoft's XNA for Xbox that was held in Brissie back in 2007 (I think). I met a bunch of cool people, and sat in awe as I watched Ben Mansill wolf down one oyster hors d'oeuvres after another.

I went to that, was the only time I met Ben, but I left early, as I got really sick, missed out on a free USB key (1GB was big at the time!)

A friend of mine got a 1GB USB key as a graduation present from her university, a month or so ago.

What do you reckon they spent, fifty cents? If that? I didn't know they still made them that small.

Edited by Takoma

wow... hulkster's poem sure brought back some names i haven't thought of in a long time!

as for me -

a new wheelchair for Bailey (how many people here remember BaiLAN?).

a new bike for C|sco.

the cpu/tachometer project.

IvanTheTerrible posting Robzy-style jokes every single day, without fail.

Ben sending me an email personally assuring me that making me a Hero was not an error, despite what i thought (i still have a copy of that email somewhere).

being invited to help out behind the scenes with Mac Dude's at0miclock projects.

several at0mic weddings.

at0mic stickers being used as currency on the forums.

Virt loosing all his bum hair in a hotel in China because the bath he sat in had wet paint in it.

at0micans having a nekkid competition - and all the resulting drama over Kathleen and "the tie" :o)

sillhouette's *confetti* and donnaGEM's sm00chies.

the occasional high class rank spam, eg., Dark Lord "and just like that... he was gone" (followed by his posthumous Hero award).

pulling a kunzie becoming an 'official' at0mic saying.

DM2k behaving like a burst colostomy bag all the time.

there are also a number of at0micans that i miss (how dare they get lives and move on!), but have fond memories of all the back-n-forth banter & nonsense with them - and, occasionally, good sense from them. my biggest regret is that i was never able to meet any of them and probably never will.

Edited by GTAV6