spooner

Why cod 4 was the last of the great games

Perhaps my perception has been murky, it would seem some very good to great games have been sticking with the previous business model. Which is great. Perhaps i'll stear clear of the bigger titles. i know i wont be getting BO2.

Can anyone reccommend a good FPS, i bought Breach when that came out and the developers folded, or ran one of the 2. Which was a pity because the game had promise

Blacklight: Retribution is good and is free to play with microtransactions. You don't need to pay for anything if you don't want to.

I disagree with just about everything in the OP.

There are still so many developers out there offering free content with updates, some of them deserve money for the extra content, considering the price we used to pay for expansion packs, which oftentimes didn't add much more than a few extra hours of gaming, I think we're doing alright.

The move to digital was inevitable, its a faster, easier way to distribute content, so the developers don't need to worry about adding enough content to actually it make it worthwhile to put on shelves (just have a look back through development history and see how many expansion packs were canned because too little expected return), they can deliver our extra content in little bite size pieces, most DLC (COD excluded) is around $6 or $7 for maybe a few extra maps, or a few more single player levels, just your average extra content that you would ultimately get from an expansion. Usually this means you can buy around 8 pieces of DLC before you starting reaching expansion pack prices, which in most cases roughly equates to the same amount of content.

To me DLC's are like mini expansions and Im happy to pay for them what is a couple of bucks?

At the end of the day, they don't force you to buy DLC packs and surely...I haven't come across any game where a DLC was really needed in order to progress further from the original game itself.

So what is the problem again?

so a few MP maps is an expansion?

Only exception to that I believe is Skylanders, you have to buy the figurines to use them ingame and to unlock extra areas and side quests to truly complete the game 100%.

To me DLC's are like mini expansions and Im happy to pay for them what is a couple of bucks?

At the end of the day, they don't force you to buy DLC packs and surely...I haven't come across any game where a DLC was really needed in order to progress further from the original game itself.

So what is the problem again?

so a few MP maps is an expansion?

As above, the price of DLC is a fraction of the price of an expansion, you add them all together and you get roughly the same content for the same price.

Fallout 3/Nv are good examples of DLC implementation,

People are just freKing dumb to get rorted by CoD's exploiting of the trend.

Some games use DLC as mini-expansions; and I'm cool with that

I still have every COD game in the series, the first games in the WW2 era were brilliant, its was a bit like playing paper, rock , scissors. No one class had the edge, but all were important and playable with BIG MP maps and patches came with bonus content that was always an added incentive to come back and play.

MW2 came out with a new fresh look which added more perks and great MP maps.

From there on the next games in the series blotted the paper, rock, scissors theory and turned into a ridiculous amount of never ending perks, the MP maps shrunk to the size of a toilet and the over kill destroyed any skilled hunting and smart game play. Blah.

I wont be purchasing the next game.

COD MW2 is still played online and it still rocks.............. and you can still LAN COD MW2 with ya mates, yes remember that, LAN parties. W0o0oo0ot

Spooner, i would strongly suggest that you check out Planetside 2. Its free, there is an Australian server for it and i think it may be something that you may really enjoy. If you need it i can fix you up with a beta key( i have plenty floating around) but it goes live on the 20th. :)

COD4 was awesome and still is im still struggling to find time to go threw all the levels of prestige on Modern warfare 3

COD 4 is like milk chocolate.

MW2 is like white chocolate.

Black Ops is like black chocolate.

Everything else after COD 4 are dogpoop.

Products coming out crippled as a cheaper version is nothing new. Mobile phones, CPUs, Graphics cards etc etc have all had perfectly good functionality disabled while the function was actually there in the device. I don't get the big deal between paying for DLC that you download or DLC that you already downloaded. The download process is not amazingly difficult or complex so with the speed of internet these days, it being there or not is a matter of minutes difference. You get a vanilla game that is often enough for people and if you want the rest you have the option to pay for it.

COD 4 is like milk chocolate.

MW2 is like white chocolate.

Black Ops is like black chocolate.

Everything else after COD 4 are dogpoop.

I hate my grammar.