Sign in to follow this  
p0is0n

American Mary

Went to see this tonight at one of the smaller cinemas in Perth, only about 50 people showed up but it was worth it. Actually really enjoyed the movie, it's just very well done.

It's not your typical cheesy horror film, with money shots, monsters and excessive gore. It's got a real depth to it, an actual story line, interesting characters, relatable subject matter. The acting is great, there is no CG and all the special effects are real. You can tell it's made with passion by true horror fans IMO, may be subjective. There is also some fucked up shit, which every horror movie needs.

The 2 directors were also at the screening, really nice girls who I got a chance to have a quick chat to and they did about a 30 min Q&A after the screening.

This movie has been doing pretty well at film festivals so if you get a chance to see it, or find a copy to download give it a shot.

Here is the trailer...

9/10 :) Would watch again.

Edited by p0is0n

Thought there were a few horror fans on here... surprised at lack of interest. :( These girls also made a film called 'Dead Hooker in a Trunk' which you might have seen, but to me American Mary is a step forward in every way :)

Edited by p0is0n

Thought there were a few horror fans on here... surprised at lack of interest. :( These girls also made a film called 'Dead Hooker in a Trunk' which you might have seen, but to me American Mary is a step forward in every way :)

lack of interest?

It's Saturday, you posted this at 3am.

Give it a couple of days gees.

Cool, im a movie buff and im always keen to check out new content. Thanks for the heads up i will let you know what i think if i can get a chance to check it out. :)

lack of interest?

It's Saturday, you posted this at 3am.

Give it a couple of days gees.

I posted on Thursday night, checked in on Saturday. Guess it might have been 3am over east though...

I'm not too bothered, was just giving the thread a bit of a bump as there might still be a chance to see this although I think Perth might have been their last stop after Monster Fest in Melbourne.

Well I'm trying to download it, but I'm not sure the torrent (only one I could find) is legit and it's stuck at 94.4% anyway...

Been following American Mary since the beginning of the year. Even been emailing the directors back and forth, so I knew they were coming to Australia.

Unfortunately I missed out on seeing them (attended a wedding).

One of them was nice enough to use my friends phone to send me a message. My friend also got me a signed poster. The Soska twins are awesome.

Body mods have been my thing for a few years now, especially the extreme ones. This movie is my thing.

If you haven't seen their first film, get it. Dead Hooker In A Trunk.