noskcaj

Armidale lan

does anyone live in the armidale area, if so we need to host a lan here.

This might not be much help to you, but I couldn't resist when I saw your thread title- I WANT to live in Armidale...but ain't gonna happen any time soon, I fear :(

Best of luck with your LAN!

I don't know if you'd get enough people in the area to make it happen. There is always RedFlag if you want a big Perth LAN. I haven't been in a year or two but I understand it is massive nowadays.

I dont know if there is still lannage in Armidale any more, but when i used to live there a few years back there was a monthly LAN at Smith House(the hostel near the Cathedral there in the middle of town.) Maybe drop in there and ask if there is one that is still being hosted there. Used to be quite popular had maybe 10-20 people there regularly. The guys who where running it i am sure started up the Shop Computer Geeks up across the road from KFC so you could also ask there.

I hadn't heard of the smith house lan, i will check that out. it computer nerds and never go to that place!

Hmmm...I'll be travelling through Armidale in a few days, but I won't be making a stop. Unless, of course, you can recommend a great place to get a coffee late in the day. It'll still be another 4 hours to Toowoomba. :D

caffiends on marsh St is good if you do make a stop, i think that's how they spell it

It's funny, but every time we talk about Armidale, everyone talks about how they want to live there. I do too!

I know it's cold in winter, hot in summer, but it's such a beautiful city, (all of New England and north NSW is pretty though).

Edited by Periander

at my school there are plenty who would be involed, two with good PC's. but i was hopeing a few guys from the foums would be able to come as well.