mattleyland

Asus ROG board difference

Hello was wondering what the difference between these two boards are and the best bang for buck is in the long run.

ASUS Maximus V GENE Motherboard socket 1155 $249.00 at Pc case gear or

ASUS Rampage IV Gene Motherboard socket 2011 $319.00 at Pc case gear

What features better than the other one i know one is newer tech than the other but what features are the same i just want a good gaming board

first is z77 chipset 1155 socket so it works with 3570k quad core which is the best value and most energy efficient chip for a high end gaming build

second is x79 chipset 2011 socket so it will work with six core cpus like the x3930k which is a bit slower per core than 3570k but has more cores and memory bandwidth along with extra pci-e lanes although the later only really maters on a atx mb not matx as you dont really have room for three gpu anyway

perhaps you should have kept all your questions to one build thread

Edited by Dasa

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Hello was wondering what the difference between these two boards are and the best bang for buck is in the long run.

ASUS Maximus V GENE Motherboard socket 1155 $249.00 at Pc case gear or

ASUS Rampage IV Gene Motherboard socket 2011 $319.00 at Pc case gear

What features better than the other one i know one is newer tech than the other but what features are the same i just want a good gaming board

Dasa is correct.

Although I'd add that if you're only gaming, you should consider an i5 3570K as you won't be needing hyperthreading.