Sign in to follow this  
cohmoddersolo

Worth upgrading now?

Hi guys,

just wondering if its worthwhile upgrading my display from my Benq G900W 19" 1440x900 to something better?

Are there any decent ones under $200 - $250?

Theres nothing wrong with my current monitor, just want to enjoy my games more on a bigger display.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

just wondering if its worthwhile upgrading my display from my Benq G900W 19" 1440x900 to something better?

Are there any decent ones under $200 - $250?

Theres nothing wrong with my current monitor, just want to enjoy my games more on a bigger display.

Cheers.

My lg ips236v-pn is great and just under $200, its full hd too. and it will improve things hugely for you

Cheers guys.

The thing is Im not ready to make any purchases. Hopefully Ill be ready to get a new monitor mid next month when holidays start.

Are there usually sales for monitors then? If so, I might look into getting a 27incher.

Also Im currently researching on the differences between monitor panels - IPS, TN,etc.

So TN panels seems to be the optimal budget choice for monitors and IPS are the more grand-er?

If so, will I be better off with a TN 27" or IPS 24"?

If you've never owned an ips, a tn 27 wouldn't be terrible, but ips is very affordable now, I'd hold off and save until you can get one

Can't stretch the budget to $279.00?

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/product...&redirect=1

24" IPS panel 16x10 @1920x1200

Pretty sure that includes freight too, at least it did with mine.

Otherwise take your pick.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...2&vk_sort=1

This, I have too. Both bought for that price and it does include postage.

Epic monitors. Would not bother with anything else at 24 inch.

27" tn can be handy for people with bad eyesight stretching out interface and making text larger although more pixelated

a good quality ips monitors will give you better color and view angles than a tn panel

Are there usually sales for monitors then? If so, I might look into getting a 27incher.

Also Im currently researching on the differences between monitor panels - IPS, TN,etc.

Dell have frequent specials on their monitors, you just have to regularly check their web site. They also do a (16:9) 27" IPS but it would be outside your price range.

You can sign up for Dell email updates so you can get emailed info on any specials going. Don't know how often they send out emails though, could get a bit spammy I suppose. Otherwise when you have the money check their website every couple of days as their specials often only run for 3 days at a time.

The 16:10 IPS monitor is really worth getting. I was skeptical about the difference too till I bit the bullet and bought one. It just seems better than any other monitor I have owned.

Once you go 16:10, 16:9 looks like half the screen is missing, I couldn't go back

I probably could but I would hate it :P

Working on other peoples PCs with 16:9s does seem like the screen is a bit "squashed". :P

Well, Christmas and new year have passed by. I ended up getting a 1200w PSU for the festive season, but just picked up a Samsung Syncmaster ex2220. I consider it an upgrade!