orinjuse

Xmas present ideas

We've got a bit over a month before Christmas, and I bet most of us haven't got off our arses yet and started sorting out presents for friends and family. So let's use this thread to share some good ideas we've had so we're not buying people pairs of socks and JB Hifi vouchers the day before.

I'm considering getting my brother a good bottle of tequila, to which he is partial. I've recently had some success buying from Whisky Exchange, and they have quite an extensive range of tequila, so I'm planning on ordering it from there (http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/) to save some money.

Beyond that, I haven't had many good ideas so far.

I've got a good deal on Ninth Island at the moment, so I think my sister could do with a Chardonnay or something.

Not sure what to get her 3yr old daughter, any ideas?

Buying for the nipper nephews is easy, they're 2,4,6yrs, any fun related thing is fine.

Mum is difficult and so is my brother, wish he just liked things his kids like hah.

Buying for my housemates is a pain too

My spain-ophile gimp in the basement is also partial to tequila so I'm getting him some of that, and a lot of lemons. Got concert tickets for my sister and a painting for my mother. The cat is getting a little brother or sister. Dad is impossible to buy for and I haven't thought about what to get for anyone else yet. Putting that off until December.

Edited by greycat

I'm going to get everybody Nerf Guns so I can shoot them and get away with it.

I want to teach my neighbour's kids to mod their Nerf. They're not using them to their full potential.

Now that just isn't fair :(

:)

The amount of money i would spend on there if i was allowed. :(

If someone ever asks me what i want, i generally just send them there too. :D

I want to teach my neighbour's kids to mod their Nerf. They're not using them to their full potential.

Incendiary rounds maybe?

I do not believe in Christmas? Nor Fairy's .

We just buy heaps of Food and put the Kilo's on.

Xmas is for Kids not adults we have to pay for it.

Incendiary rounds maybe?

Been working on that for a while, no success yet.

For people a little cashstrapped wanting to buy presents for parents, here's my suggestion:

2 x movie tickets

An offer of babysitting for a night of their choice (1 week notice minimum)

Should be able to pay for 2 adults for about $40 or so. A night off is priceless, so just about a guaranteed winner for a present.

AD

Chaos Lady - my mum wanted some of that, I will have to try and find a local stockist. Didn't think it was in the country. (Didn't look either!)

Access Denied...I don't know about other states but RACQ do cheaper vouchers too. I think $32 a ticket for gold class, $10 for regular. Definitely a good call for those that have munckins. Event Cinemas often have a special deal on vuochers before Christmas too.

I'm going for booze for my bro. Have had some success buying arty/crafty stuff for various munchkins from Catch of the Day.

Was thinking of getting momma a new tv but need to organise a way for everyone to chip in for that. Husband is difficult to buy for...still deciding on that front. Hoping he can point me in the right direction for in-laws giftage also.

I always like thinkgeek.com and have gotten some nifty gifts (even for non-geeks), I'm also fond of cruising sales sites for suitable bargains.

The new issue of Stuff is molesting my bank account. Here is something cheap and amazing.

Waveform Necklace.

Posted Image

Send a short MP3 or WAV and they will cut it into a necklace for you, or a loved one. Have your girlfriend walking around with "Queef" dangling around her neck.

'

Lol @ gentiles.

[edit]: This is to be read in Jackie Mason's voice.

Rob.

Edited by robzy

My daughter is getting a long weekend (haven't decided how long yet - 4 - maybe 6 days) on the gold coast to do all the theme parks.

Of course, it's handy that we wouldn't mind doing the same... :P