Sign in to follow this  
i_am_banned2

Last Resort Cancelled

On November 16, 2012, ABC announced that the series would not be picked up for a full season and it is their intention that it will finish its current thirteen-episode run.

- Source

Haven't seen it yet, but this show looked interesting on the TV ad. Sad news for any fans.

Never heard of it.

^Ditto.

Although, it's probable that I saw a trailer for it and thought it looked like shit, then wiped it from memory.

I watched the first episode, did enjoy. It's kinda like Crimson Tide: The Series, wherein a nuclear submarine is given orders to nuke Pakistan and they're like NOT SURE IF SRS and Washington's like DO IT FUCK FACE and they're like NO U and then DC is like PEW PEW and tries to sink them so the crew's like U DUN GOOFED and fuck off to Zanzibar, wherein they take over a small island, park their invincible nuclear submarine out the front, then stand on the beach facing Washington with arms out going WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT? COME AT ME BRO

I was interested to see where it went from there, must get around to watching the rest.

It got positive reviews, but didn't attract enough of the viewing public.

That means nothing. Seinfield got positive reviews - and record audiences at the time. I always thought it was shit, and still do.

That means nothing. Seinfield got positive reviews - and record audiences at the time. I always thought it was shit, and still do.

Not sure what point you're trying to make. I thought the show looked interesting but it has been axed prematurely, which is unfortunate.

Not sure what point you're trying to make. I thought the show looked interesting but it has been axed prematurely, which is unfortunate.

I think his point is that people are stupid and generally like shit. Interesting things not so much.

Wha..? Am I speaking Martian today or something?

I said I'd probably thought it looked like shit. You said it reviewed well. I pointed out that reviews are not a reflection of my views. What, exactly, is unclear in that chain?

I said I'd probably thought it looked like shit. You said it reviewed well. I pointed out that reviews are not a reflection of my views. What, exactly, is unclear in that chain?

What do your views have to do with its cancellation?

Its not too bad a show, it takes a little while to "connect" with the charactors, but it was one of the better show for 2012, the other being Arrow.

Sad to hear that its been canned, but i do agree that the plotline was going to be hard to extend for more than a series or 2... oh well back to Walking Dead, falling Skies,Grimm and catching up on BSG.

I don't understand the relevance to the topic. You haven't seen the show, and possibly haven't even heard of it before. People that did watch it generally seemed to like it but it was still axed because not enough of the viewing public watched it. As a consequence, next year we might get something a bit 'safer' like another formula sit-com. That's also unfortunate.

I don't understand the relevance to the topic.

I see where the problem arose - my inference. Your comment that it reviewed well immediately followed my statement that I'd thought it looked like shit. Thus, I inferred that your statement was a response, even without quoting (it's not an unknown practice even here). Like: "You can't have thought that - everyone else thought it rocked!"

No, you inferred correctly. I was responding to both you and Cyb3r after you both claimed to have not heard of it, rather than the second part of your post ("possibly saw it, thought it was shit, and forgot"). Let's move on.

Its not too bad a show, it takes a little while to "connect" with the charactors, but it was one of the better show for 2012, the other being Arrow.

Sad to hear that its been canned, but i do agree that the plotline was going to be hard to extend for more than a series or 2... oh well back to Walking Dead, falling Skies,Grimm and catching up on BSG.

Seen the first couple of Arrow episodes. These sorts of shows often make me cringe but I'm enjoying this one so far.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

At this point I think it appropriate to HAA FAAAV....

Slap!

.... Cybes for his contribution to this thread so far.

You rock dude.

...catching up on BSG....

Have you seen Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome? 'tis not bad for short episodes :)

Edited by Fragasaurus