Sign in to follow this  
TheSingularity

Help, Highly Irritating Buzzing/Crackling in One Headphone

Hi,

So today I turn on my computer, play a round of Age of Empires 3 online, play some World of Tanks and start to notice a buzzing/crackling noise in my right headphone (has letter indications as to which is which). Now all I can think of that has changed recently is the heat and the fact I've turned them up slightly to hear over the fan going in my room.

So any ideas what it could be, I'm hoping it isn't the headphones or if it is there is an easy fix. Well basically I'm hoping it is an easy fix for anything that is causing the problem as I'm broke and will be during Christmas this year as well.

I tried taking the cushions off the headphones and checking for hairs stuck in the speak and 1 or 2 was in there that I removed but no change.

Oh I've also tried it on another device (my phone) and there wasn't a crackle heard. I'm also downloading the latest drivers as I type this.

So hopefully there is an easy fix if not =\

Thanks.

Well it seems it is the Realtek chip as when I updated the drivers they uninstalled first and I had to restart. After restart I discovered the crackling was gone...Reinstalled the drivers and crackling is back...

So I just uninstalled the drivers again and shall run without them for now. Although I have to wonder what drivers are installed to run audio as when I reboot after uninstalling the drivers it tells me some High Definition Audio drivers have installed. Are these the Windows default drivers? If so how do they work via the CPU? And would there be much difference really compared to the Realtek chip?

Edited by TheSingularity

Well basically I'm hoping it is an easy fix for anything that is causing the problem as I'm broke and will be during Christmas this year as well. Edited by TheSingularity

Yeah, that was a pretty useless post .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Not sure why the default drivers are working and the included ones suddenly didn't, perhaps there's a part of the chip logic that has become damaged that isn't being used by the Windows drivers - perhaps EAX or DSP/Dolby emulation. Can't say for sure.

If you've tried the headphones elsewhere it's probably not them.

Maybe check out the headphone jack on the motherboard/computer and see if it's dirty? Shouldn't be with what you've described, but I've got nothing else to suggest.

When the OP posts they have no money and that buying things won't work, suggesting they buy a thing without money is pretty useless :P

Well sure, but you can't magically fix a poor product. If the drivers cause issues, then stick with the default ones, or buy a better product.

Edit: And Realtek always use CPU cycles, so the drivers won't do much to help.

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Yeah, that was a pretty useless post .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Not sure why the default drivers are working and the included ones suddenly didn't, perhaps there's a part of the chip logic that has become damaged that isn't being used by the Windows drivers - perhaps EAX or DSP/Dolby emulation. Can't say for sure.

If you've tried the headphones elsewhere it's probably not them.

Maybe check out the headphone jack on the motherboard/computer and see if it's dirty? Shouldn't be with what you've described, but I've got nothing else to suggest.

Still using the same headphone jack and it's now fine with the Windows drivers.

Well sure, but you can't magically fix a poor product. If the drivers cause issues, then stick with the default ones, or buy a better product.

Edit: And Realtek always use CPU cycles, so the drivers won't do much to help.

So the Windows drivers and Realtek drivers no matter which I use won't change much as it is both using the CPU to decode the sound...?