1. 1. Worst Music Decade Ever.

• 1940s
    • 1950s
    • 1960s
    • 1970s
    • 1980s
    • 1990s
    • 2000s

As the poll title suggest, I'd like to know what Atomic believes the worst decade is.

I'm going with the 90s. Pretty much everything about it was embarrassing, from fluorescent parachute pants to the dawn of boy bands, I think the 90s has a lot to answer for.

If you answer the poll, could you post your choice as a reply and maybe explain a little about why you chose that decade?

K go.

Right now. "Music", and I use the term loosely when referring to most of what seems to be considered music these days, has hit an all time low.

(Didn't vote as this decade isn't reflected in the poll)

Edited by p0is0n

I would agree with 90's (I stupidly voted 2000;s but that has some trash as well so its a tie..)

I voted '90s as well. Lots of shit, but then there was a lot of good stuff as well. Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Prodigy, Guns n Roses, RHCP, Foo Fighters, Bad Religion, Lauryn Hill, the first of Johnny Cash's American series...lots of good stuff to choose from.

Right now. "Music", and I use the term loosely when referring to most of what seems to be considered music these days, has hit an all time low.

(Didn't vote as this decade isn't reflected in the poll)

This decade isn't over yet, in 2021 I'll update the poll. :)

I agree though, it's shaping up to be the worst by a fair whack.

I'm voting for 2000s then, for anything Jan 1 2000 to present.

The 90s had some bad stuff, like Hanson and Backstreet Boys, but had some good stuff as well. The bad stuff of late is much worse so that's why I have voted this way. Have you guys forgot about Justin Bieber (edit: or anyone that won a tv show conest and automatically gets tonnes or airplay) already? Not to mention other top 40 garbage that makes my ears bleed. I don't even know who they are or what they are singing I just know that it fucking sucks and I hate it.

Edited by p0is0n

There was a lot of shit in all of them.

We are just lucky that after each decade the shit washes away and the best of the decade shines on.

No vote as i would say each decade was as bad as the one preceding we just view them now with rose tinted glasses.

There was a lot of shit in all of them.

We are just lucky that after each decade the shit washes away and the best of the decade shines on.

No vote as i would say each decade was as bad as the one preceding we just view them now with rose tinted glasses.

There are times when a lack of innovation is obvious, though.

Consider the explosion of ideas through the 60s and early 70s, the relative stagnation of the late 70s, and another explosion of new ideas in the early 80s.

Don't think I can pick to tell you the truth. I've found that each decade has some horrible, loathsome stuff, but there's also a lot of gold that redeems each one. So there's never really been in my view a truly horrible era.

Not to mention other top 40 garbage that makes my ears bleed. I don't even know who they are or what they are singing I just know that it fucking sucks and I hate it.

If you to 'top 40' type pop stations (in more or less any decade since maybe the '60s), you're gonna have a bad time.

Depends on how you judge it, I suppose. I can still appreciate the difference between a creative artist and soulless, derivative crap even if I don't like listening to the actual songs.

Every decade of music has its shit, as well as its gold. The only thing this poll demonstrates is that most of Atomic are 20-30 years old, and therefore started getting into music in the 90s or 00s. Once you learn to filter the shit out, it doesn't matter where it comes from, and you can't learn that skill until you've listened to a lot of shit.

Not to mention other top 40 garbage that makes my ears bleed. I don't even know who they are or what they are singing I just know that it fucking sucks and I hate it.

If you to 'top 40' type pop stations (in more or less any decade since maybe the '60s), you're gonna have a bad time.

I somehow have a lot of trouble escaping them completely, with the internet constantly throwing stuff like that in my face because the masses like it this week. I couldn't honestly tell you the last time I even listened to a radio, not even in my car. It might have been tripleJ in my work car, but even that has gone to shit now. I blame hipsters and teenage girls. Edited by p0is0n

2000s for sure. This was the decade of cheap music technology becoming widely available for any boofhead to use. Digital effects became really efficient, and overused. Less key changes than ever. Listeners were dumbed down a bit more. Pop music has always been tribal in its simplicity I guess. Not that I hate it, but it's the musical diet equivalent of McDonalds. Occasionally, I eat McDonalds.

Another pet hate of mine is when retuners are used to make that stupid stepped vocal effect.

And Guitar Hero.

Edited by komuso

This decade for sure, as that wasn't on the list i decided to just donkey vote. I am the only one who selected '40s

2010 onwards.

Nothing is new, almost all songs are remakes.

Gaga is just doing a Madonna.

In short, there is no new sounds or anything to make you go "wow".

Every decade of music has its shit, as well as its gold. The only thing this poll demonstrates is that most of Atomic are 20-30 years old, and therefore started getting into music in the 90s or 00s. Once you learn to filter the shit out, it doesn't matter where it comes from, and you can't learn that skill until you've listened to a lot of shit.

I'ma going with this ^^ . I've my favs that I like and I'm just not up to date with the current stuff in any way. I find if I click on Foods' and Gir's choices in that thread it

can be interesting at times, but not always ;)

There was no single worst, its hard to label anything past as bad because only the classics survive.

Today you listen to the radio and hear buckets of dick but keep in mind that for every classic song you can remember from another era there was 1000's of shit songs too that will never be replayed today and as such we don't know about them.

Edited by Bundy

Today you listen to the radio and hear buckets of dick but keep in mind that for every classic song you can remember from another era there was 1000's of shit songs too that will never be replayed today and as such we don't know about them.

We know about some of them:

Needs more definition, there has ALWAYS been good music if you look outside of the mainstream, if you were referring to the manistream in particular then I'd have to say the last 10 years is pretty shit, all derivative and manufactured, shallow and fake. (IMO)

Of course it all went downhill after the 80s..........

Needs more definition, there has ALWAYS been good music if you look outside of the mainstream, if you were referring to the manistream in particular then I'd have to say the last 10 years is pretty shit, all derivative and manufactured, shallow and fake. (IMO)

Of course it all went downhill after the 80s..........

100%